Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abraham has surgery????

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets DE John Abraham (groin, abdomen) underwent a minor surgical procedure on his right groin and abdomen on Saturday, April 28, which was confirmed by head coach Herman Edwards on Monday, May 10. Abraham worked at the team's recent minicamp, but was limited due to the recent procedure.

Anyone know anything more about this? Will he be 100% by training camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Abraham on the mend
    Tuesday, May 11, 2004

By RANDY LANGE
    STAFF WRITER

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - John Abraham was limited at the Jets' recent minicamp, which seemed odd for a player who was adding linebacker to his full-time job as defensive end. Was the groin injury he suffered last midseason coming along slowly?

No, actually, Abraham was being held back because of minor surgery he underwent April 28, two days before the start of the camp.

The Jets made no reference to the procedure until coach Herman Edwards confirmed Monday that Abraham had the surgery and was at the team complex that morning for his treatment.

"We expect John to be fully recovered and ready to roll for training camp," Edwards said. "He's feeling great."

Abraham underwent surgery to repair Abraham's left groin and abdomen in 2000, which cost him the final 10 games of his rookie season.

Abraham worked as the stand-up or weak-side linebacker, the entire first practice of the minicamp, but was limited the next three sessions and suited up, but didn't work in the final practice May 2.

- RANDY LANGE

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by CHARLIEO@May 11 2004, 01:17 PM
    Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets DE John Abraham (groin, abdomen) underwent a minor surgical procedure on his right groin and abdomen on Saturday, April 28, which was confirmed by head coach Herman Edwards on Monday, May 10. Abraham worked at the team's recent minicamp, but was limited due to the recent procedure.

Gerbil removal procedure.

Nothing to worry about.

Practice Squad
    "We expect John to be fully recovered and ready to roll for training camp," Edwards said. "He's feeling great."

Though you never do know with Abraham.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX@May 11 2004, 01:19 PM

Nothing to worry about.
    Believe Tex...he knows....he&#39;s had the procedure done a few times&#33;&#33; <_<

All Pro
    Why was it that Herm was notified almost two weeks later?

I hope he knew about this procedure.

Hall Of Fame
    this should answer some of the questions about resigning John Abe

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 11 2004, 01:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ May 11 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CHARLIEO@May 11 2004, 01:17 PM
    Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets DE John Abraham (groin, abdomen) underwent a minor surgical procedure on his right groin and abdomen on Saturday, April 28, which was confirmed by head coach Herman Edwards on Monday, May 10. Abraham worked at the team&#39;s recent minicamp, but was limited due to the recent procedure.

Nothing to worry about. [/b][/quote]
    Did he go to Richard Gere&#39;s doctor

All League
    Originally posted by MrSFJFC@May 11 2004, 01:22 PM
    Why was it that Herm was notified almost two weeks later?

I hope he knew about this procedure.
    thats a great pix in your sig. box

All League
    Is Abe ever healthy??? :blink: :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by MiamiJet@May 11 2004, 01:33 PM
    Is Abe ever healthy??? :blink: :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;
    Abe was the good pick at the time and Ellis was the big question mark due to his hip problem coming out of the draft and low and behold, I don&#39;t remember Eliis missing a game, can&#39;t say teh same about Abe

All League
    do you think they wont resign him now cause of this minor surgery????
    i cant see this surgery help him gettin resigned now&#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    TYPICAL JETS

I have no problem with the fact that JA needed surgery ... or that he had the surgery ... I&#39;m Glad he had the surgery cause it was obviously needed

However, this was an old injury ... missed games on account of the same injury ... in fact, the injury dates back even further than 2003 ... so why, pray tell, did JA have the surgery on April 28th as opposed to oh say, Febuary 28th <_<

Anyone?

All League
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 11 2004, 01:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ May 11 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CHARLIEO@May 11 2004, 01:17 PM
    Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets DE John Abraham (groin, abdomen) underwent a minor surgical procedure on his right groin and abdomen on Saturday, April 28, which was confirmed by head coach Herman Edwards on Monday, May 10. Abraham worked at the team&#39;s recent minicamp, but was limited due to the recent procedure.

Nothing to worry about. [/b][/quote]
    I understand that you felt it important to remind us of YOUR recent surgery...

However, John&#39;s Surgery was to correct a torn muscle in his groin area. This will correct any additional problems due to the injury caused in 2002.

Veteran
    I&#39;m afraid Abe won&#39;t be the priority for signing next season. The problem is he&#39;s not on the field enough.

I&#39;ll never forget the 2001 playoff game against Oakland wen he didnt play cuz he had a stomach ache. Gimme a break

All League
    Last year Abe underwent surgery to correct his adenoids that caused him breathing problems. He had this problem all his life, yet it wasn&#39;t detected until a year ago.

He now has surgery to correct a groin problem from 2002.

Great.

What next? Surgery to correct the hernia he suffered in 2000?

I&#39;d hate to see him leave, but it&#39;s for the best. He can&#39;t stay healthy.

Veteran
    Hopefully after sitting out most of last season and having this surgery will make him more durable, I doubt it but I can always hope .

Banned
    I&#39;m still waiting for someone to explain WHY this surgery took place only two weeks ago ... when the season ended three months ago?

Would it not have assured a 100% healthy JA for training camp {maybe even mini camp} had this been dealt with swiftly?

Or am I correct in stating that this is TYPICAL @&#036;&#036;-BACKWARDS JETS

Anyone?

Veteran
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@May 11 2004, 06:20 PM
    I&#39;m still waiting for someone to explain WHY this surgery took place only two weeks ago ... when the season ended three months ago?

Would it not have assured a 100% healthy JA for training camp {maybe even mini camp} had this been dealt with swiftly?

Or am I correct in stating that this is TYPICAL @&#036;&#036;-BACKWARDS JETS

Anyone?
    Typical backwards Jets......

Veteran
    OK, 94 is ALWAYS injured......

YEAR TEAM G GS
    2000 NYJ 6 0 (rookie)
    2001 NYJ 16 15
    2002 NYJ 16 16
    2003 NYJ 7 6

OK, other than 2003, where is 94 ALWAYS injured?