Thread: june 1st. what would you do and why?

Banned
    I would pick up a big run stuffing DT like Albert Haynesworth the big DT from the titans 6'6 320lbs. imagine him lined up next to Drob! I heard the Haynesworth missed a training day or something and everybody did not like that. or another big run stuffing DT if that didn't work out.

a close second would be picking up a nice OG for a good price, maybe cowboy Larry Allen.

Hall Of Fame
    both possibilities if they both get cut and the price is right, however both of these guys have been discussed in depth here and I dont think we would be the only ones waiting in line

Banned
    here is an article on Haynesworth missing practice or whatever

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1795566

All League
    cut vinnie, cut cowart, and cut donnie abraham. sign gildon as a backup. sign a guard if possible. if not, go with what the team has. i like the idea of signing dave fiore if he becomes available.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Zombo@Jun 1 2004, 02:26 PM
    cut vinnie, cut cowart, and cut donnie abraham. sign gildon as a backup. sign a guard if possible. if not, go with what the team has. i like the idea of signing dave fiore if he becomes available.
    donnie????

how do we replace him??

All League
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Jun 1 2004, 02:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mean Bro Green @ Jun 1 2004, 02:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo@Jun 1 2004, 02:26 PM
    donnie????

how do we replace him?? [/b][/quote]
    barrett and mickens. strait is the nickel until he&#39;s ready, then mickens back to nickel. maybe bring in a cheap veteran. i don&#39;t think abraham has anything left. he&#39;s been unimpressive when he has played, and that hasn&#39;t been very much.

The Jets won&#39;t and shouldn&#39;t make many changes. Sure they&#39;ll cut Vinny. Cowart will remain on the team. The best hope is that we are able to sign a descent guard. One interesting scenario is that the Pats cut Ty Law abd he becomes available. He&#39;d be worth strong considderations.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Jun 1 2004, 01:15 PM
    both possibilities if they both get cut and the price is right, however both of these guys have been discussed in depth here and I dont think we would be the only ones waiting in line
    D Rob sure could use the help.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by chiefst2000@Jun 1 2004, 02:39 PM

One interesting scenario is that the Pats cut Ty Law abd he becomes available. He&#39;d be worth strong considderations.
    How could the Jets possibly afford Ty Law?

All League
    Originally posted by Zombo+Jun 1 2004, 02:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zombo @ Jun 1 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Jun 1 2004, 02:27 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo
    @Jun 1 2004, 02:26 PM

donnie????

how do we replace him??
    barrett and mickens. strait is the nickel until he&#39;s ready, then mickens back to nickel. maybe bring in a cheap veteran. i don&#39;t think abraham has anything left. he&#39;s been unimpressive when he has played, and that hasn&#39;t been very much. [/b][/quote]
    Have you ever seen mickens play against a number 1 reciever???
    Mickens gets toasted against #3 and #4 recivers...no thank you to that idea.

I would like to see the Jets pick up a DT and a Guard. Hayneworth would be awesome, he&#39;s pretty young, right?

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jun 1 2004, 02:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Jun 1 2004, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--chiefst2000@Jun 1 2004, 02:39 PM

One interesting scenario is that the Pats cut Ty Law abd he becomes available. He&#39;d be worth strong considderations.
    How could the Jets possibly afford Ty Law? [/b][/quote]
    They&#39;d need to work some magic. As it stands the Jets don&#39;t even have enough money to sign their current players. The last thing we can afford is expensive FA&#39;s. Maybe Lay will take a pay cut just to stick it to the Pats

Banned
    Gildon is not good anymore, and the last thing we need to waste money on and do is get more depth at LB. Haynesworth was the titans first rd pick in 2002. and he is only 22 years old&#33; the guy is a huge run stuffing DT, and we really need one of those. I am so sick and tired of teams running through the middle of our dline for 15+ yards&#33; sick of Ferguson getting pushed 10 yards from the line. Haynesworth is 6&#39;6 and 320 at least, I heard he gained alittle more weight.

Cutting Donnie Abraham and starting Strait is not a good idea right now IMO. Donnie is still a good cover corner, and Mickens is terrible.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Zombo+Jun 1 2004, 02:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zombo @ Jun 1 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Jun 1 2004, 02:27 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Zombo
    @Jun 1 2004, 02:26 PM

donnie????

how do we replace him??
    barrett and mickens. strait is the nickel until he&#39;s ready, then mickens back to nickel. maybe bring in a cheap veteran. i don&#39;t think abraham has anything left. he&#39;s been unimpressive when he has played, and that hasn&#39;t been very much. [/b][/quote]
    mickens is your solution????

nuts, he was garbage as a starter last year, garbagio&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Donnie had a pick in the season opener and then got hurt in week 2, how can you judge him in 2 games?? when he came back you cant really judge him after missing all taht time, but there is no doubt he is better than Mickens, might have even been better than him with the broken wing

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    O-Guard if a solid player comes available at reasonable price and 1 more solid CB for depth if a good one becomes available.