Thread: OT: Yes

Practice Squad
    Not sure if their are any Yes fans here, just wanted to share the word if there were.

All League
    Pretty remarkable that Trevor Rabin stepped back to produce them after John Anderson rejoined. Saw them (with Rabin) at the Garden in the early 1980s-a tight band and a good time. Wouldn't mind seeing them again.

All Pro
    Saw them at the Worcester Centrum back in 1983 or 1984 after their tour was postponed when Rabin (I believe) had a pendecitis a week before the concert. When they came back, they did a 3 and half hour show which was excellent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Saw them a bunch of times dating back to the "Big Generator" tour. I am seeing them again this summer at Jones Beach 8/28.

Practice Squad
    Yes fan here. A remarkable, remarkable band. I have never seen them live. It's one of my things to do before I die. What's incredible is that even with the turnover in band members, they remain on their game. Rabin is a tremendous talent. What a great addition he was. OK, now I gotta go listen to 90125, my favourite album.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Big Yes fan....have seen them probably 15 times since the '78 "Going for the One" tour...saw them "in the round", with the buggles, with Rabin and Peter Banks.

Also saw them when they were called Anderson/Burford/Wakeman/Howe at Jones Beach in the late 80's as Chris Squire threatened to sue if they used the name "Yes". Als saw Anderson solo.

Hope to see them at Jones Beach.

Any Moody Blues fans? I'm gonna see them 6/20 in Poughkeepsie and 6/27 @JB

All Pro
    I saw them about a month or so ago at MSG. They put on a pretty remarkable show.

All League
    There's been some fantastic material recorded on the studio discs of the Keys to Ascension albums. The Ladder and Magnification had some decent stuff on it as well.

While I don't mind the Trevor Rabin years, it doesn't even compare to some of the 70's output, or even the better stuff from the newer material.

Practice Squad
    Careful. Some of you guys are aging yourselves.