Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst thing you have done/said after a loss

All League
    I remember after the Jets lost to Detroit in Tuna's first year. In that game I saw one of the worst calls ever (detroit CB juggling the ball out of bounds laying on his back....and Barry Sanders broke 2000 yards.

After that game was over I threw a heineken bottle at the TV...told my girl at the time (after the bottle broke and she ran in the room screaming at me (Fu*k you the Jets lost, I'm going to the bar) and the on my way to the car screamed (GOD HATES THE JETS&#33 as loud as I could.

You ever feel that after a tough loss like that that you want to either :

a: punch somebody
    b: kill somebody
    c: can't watch any highlight shows (etc: Inside the NFL,Primetime)
    d: just get drunk as you can to take the sting of a heartbreaking loss away.

Cool thing about it is that my girl now understands that if we lose in a BS way she will just leave me alone..as long as I don't break anything :o

Rookie
    after losses to the pats, giants, titans, broncos and 49ers i refuse to watch any NFL highlights and i avoid my friends cause those are their favorite teams... the bronco fan is the worst by far though the pats loss would hurt worse cause of in the division loss... the bronco fan broke two chairs after we beat them 19-13 in 2002... lol i remember goin over there and seeing the wood thrown across the room

Bitter
    ummmm...you guys need help. You take this game just a tad too seriously I would say.

All Pro
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Jun 5 2004, 09:56 PM
    ummmm...you guys need help. You take this game just a tad too seriously I would say.
    well if we woudl have won 2 out of the last 3 super bowls we woudl not act like this

Bitter
    Originally posted by djaparz+Jun 5 2004, 09:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djaparz @ Jun 5 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--huskeralk@Jun 5 2004, 09:56 PM
    well if we woudl have won 2 out of the last 3 super bowls we woudl not act like this [/b][/quote]
    :lol: That&#39;s true but seriously, I was a Patriots fan through the lean years too and never got that worked up over it. Now Madden on the other hand.....well lets just say I&#39;ve been through a few contollers. :lol:

All League
    well each loss i get a lil worked over with screaming but nothing bad the worst was when john hall kicked the field goal to beat us in the first game this season i slammed my remote and shattered it into pieces.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I am usually over it by the time I get home from the game or if it&#39;s an away game and I am home watching it, I just turn off the TV and go find something to do..............or I just come here and take it out on a Patsie fan.....

The Jets have gotten me used to getting my heart ripped out so I just accept it and continue to root for my team and wait until the following week when they are only going to rip my heart out again.......

It&#39;s a never ending cycle.......

Veteran
    In more ways than one, the Jets are like a cheating girlfriend whos really really hot...they rip your heart out time and time again, but you keep up the relationship because shes hot...

Well, that was not the best comparison, because when a girl cheats on me, I cheat on her. Who says I can&#39;t? Im not married, and she started it...

ANYWAY...the worst thing I did after a Jets loss was by accident...I was watching the "famous" Jets/Pats game this last season when my love Penny threw 5 picks (but remember, he tried to get his team the W even though his numbers sucked...thats my Penny&#33;&#33;&#33...I was home for break, and my parents were asleep, I slowly stood up, forgot my parents were sleeping, loudly cursed a blue streak at the whole Pats organization, and when I slammed down the remote, a framed collection of real Rudyard Kipling letters fell off the wall (because the nail was loose) and the frame broke on the floor, with one of the letters getting f&#39;ed up. God, I&#39;ll never forget my mom screaming at me the next day. That particular letter was priceless. I tried explaining that the nail that hung the thing was loose, but you can&#39;t tell an Angry woman anything. Whatever.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by AJPerg@Jun 5 2004, 10:53 PM
    I&#39;ll never forget my mom screaming at me the next day. That particular letter was priceless. I tried explaining that the nail that hung the thing was loose, but you can&#39;t tell an Angry woman anything. Whatever.
    Must be an italian mom, my mom screams all the time..... And for no apparent reason sometimes.....

Veteran
    :lol: lol, yes she is Italian&#33;&#33;&#33;

lol.....

Banned
    Taken a dump on my friends front porch after a loss to the pats a few seasons ago. ( hes a pats fan)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by AJPerg@Jun 5 2004, 11:03 PM
    :lol: lol, yes she is Italian&#33;&#33;&#33;

lol.....
    It gets annoying sometimes.....

Did you ever get this:

Mom: How come I haven&#39;t heard from you since yesterday?

Me: Ummm, mom, I had to go to work and I do have things to do.

Mom: Well, I am your mother damn it, and I expect a phone call everyday

Me: Well, sometimes I don&#39;t have the time to call and I am an adult and can take care of myself

Mom: Well, I am your mother and will be your mother till the day I die.

Me: Ok mom, I&#39;ll call you everyday

So, the next day I call and she yells, "WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;" :unsure: :blink:

It&#39;s a lose, lose situation with italian moms...........

Veteran
    jetgirl, oh yes&#33;&#33;&#33; I hear ya&#33;&#33;&#33;

My grandma is that way...if I dont call her twice a day, she is offended...also, with my mom, I have to finish my plate, and no food can be wasted...I&#39;d be at college, and she would call 3x a day to see if I ate, besides the other times during the day that she calls to see how I&#39;m doing and if I&#39;m wearing clean clothes...Its like JEEEZ, I&#39;d like to sortof live on my own now...can you NOT bother me 4 times a day&#33;&#33;&#33;

I wouldn&#39;t mind having an Italian wife one day though...usually Italian girls are hot&#33;&#33;&#33; They&#39;re REAL women with nice natural T&#39;s and a nice A. Ive been to soo many Big Italian weddings where I was unrelated to the family and seen some bridesmaids that forced me to "sit down" rather than get up and dance, if you know what I mean&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Sorry to hijack the thread. Everyone, please continue to tell bad things that you did after a jet loss.

Veteran
    Think I got this one won.

First game of the 1998 season; I was in Providence at my then girlfriend’s apartment. It was the first weekend of school so her parents and her roommates’ parents were there. As the Jets were blowing it throughout the game, I was continuously scolded to keep it down. On the final run by Garrison Hearst for 96 yards (I still haven&#39;t forgiven Cascadden, as he was my favorite Jet, for missing that tackle in the hole), I exploded in a litany of profanity. My exgirlfriend came into the room screaming " Brendan, calm down." Being the gentleman that I am I exclaimed, "The Jets will be around a lot longer than you&#33;" Needless to say we didn&#39;t last to long after that.

Not one of my prouder moments

All League
    I punched a hole in my door when the Raiders beat the Jets last time they were in the playoffs.

I just usually get pissed and dont let anybody talk to me.

Banned
    Originally posted by jetgirl+Jun 5 2004, 10:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgirl @ Jun 5 2004, 10:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--AJPerg@Jun 5 2004, 10:53 PM
    I&#39;ll never forget my mom screaming at me the next day. That particular letter was priceless. I tried explaining that the nail that hung the thing was loose, but you can&#39;t tell an Angry woman anything. Whatever.
    Must be an italian mom, my mom screams all the time..... And for no apparent reason sometimes..... [/b][/quote]

lmfao. so is mine. she used to scream forever when I was a kid, (lol, broke afew glasses and dishes when the jets lost to denver), and rant about stupid bs. both my parents are italian. everything ajperg and jetgirl, I can relate to so much. lmfao

Banned
    I have the exact opposite reaction. I turn off the TV. I leave the room. And I refuse to talk about it.

Then as soon as monday rolls around, I start looking at matchups for next week.

Banned
    Originally posted by Icer@Jun 5 2004, 10:43 PM
    I punched a hole in my door when the Raiders beat the Jets last time they were in the playoffs.
    That&#39;s exactly what I did. Same game and everything.

Practice Squad
    I broke my remote control, and my cellphone that day... fn raiders

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn54+Jun 6 2004, 12:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ErIcBaRtOn54 @ Jun 6 2004, 12:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -jetgirl@Jun 5 2004, 10:58 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--AJPerg
    @Jun 5 2004, 10:53 PM

Must be an italian mom, my mom screams all the time..... And for no apparent reason sometimes.....

lmfao. so is mine. she used to scream forever when I was a kid, (lol, broke afew glasses and dishes when the jets lost to denver), and rant about stupid bs. both my parents are italian. everything ajperg and jetgirl, I can relate to so much. lmfao [/b][/quote]
    See, now my dad who was also italian, was the quietest man I have ever met.........didn&#39;t get upset, talked in a very calm voice.........if we were "bad" he would just talk to you, he would never yell or scream........I respected my father a hell of alot more than my mother while growing up..........