Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jon vilma autograph

Veteran
    there was thread here that santana moss would be doing a signing at the new Chase bank in New Hyde Park. Being extremely close to the area i rushed over there this morning to get in line to meet my boy santana. To my surprise ( i must say i wasn't the least bit pissed off) the info was given wrong and instead of santana being there . . . it was JON VILMA!!! Signed some pics and we talked . . .the man is classy. Humble, funny, excited to be in NY and be a jet. This guy will be a huge asset to the team for a long time just based on his character. I had fun and met a really good Jet.

Nyj42osag
    tana' had some "FAmily Issues" so cahse wnet out and got vilma, fine w/ me today, happy to see he face of our new D'

All Pro
    I met him here in S. Fla and he was very fan friendly and spoke to everyone that offered him a conversation.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Nyj42osag@Jun 20 2004, 01:11 AM
    tana' had some "FAmily Issues" so cahse wnet out and got vilma, fine w/ me today, happy to see he face of our new D'
    o ok, i thought you people messed up the info . . . so it wasn't ur fault - i was much happier seeing our future gem.

I told him he needs to play and I dont want to see him sitting on the bench just because he is a rookie. He told me to call Herm. :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Chad, thanks for sharing that ... always makes me like a player even more when I learn he treats the fans with respect

Vilma sounds like a class act

Veteran
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jun 20 2004, 02:22 PM
    Chad, thanks for sharing that ... always makes me like a player even more when I learn he treats the fans with respect

i agree, there is nothing more rewarding then to just chat with the guy that you watch and follow every sunday. These guys are paid a ton of money and they SHOULD know how much we follow and even idiolize them that a routine conversation shouldn't be a problem with devoted fans, and that's exactly what we are. Vilma showed all of that, he's a good guy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I was also at the Chase with my son to meet Santana, but was happy to meet Vilma. Coulda been worse- a practice squad dolt could of been there ! He is rather smallish and frail, not as tall or heavy as listed. He looks more like a safety or corner. Hey, if he could hit and punnish the opponents, who cares.

I like hearing how people had "conversations" with these guys, it's silly. oK, ya talked to him. I also had a few sentences with him, but not passing it off as conversation, just a few remarks. There were people on line behind me, I couldn't stay there more then 30 seconds !

If he's somehat human he should be cordial, he is at a signing, afterall. He seems like a nice kid. I wish him the best.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by JOHN B@Jun 21 2004, 02:41 PM
    I like hearing how people had "conversations" with these guys, it's silly. oK, ya talked to him. I also had a few sentences with him, but not passing it off as conversation, just a few remarks.
    Hey John B., I see you are still coming on this board and trying to ruin everyone else's high. Maybe Johnny V didn't want to "talk" to you............

Glad to hear the folks who showed up for this signing got a chance to meet with a player and get an autograph.

Hall Of Fame
    yea john b, stop coming here and being realistic.

let us have our delusions :lol:

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by dickkotite@Jun 21 2004, 03:37 PM

Dickie, I think we found you a soul mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nyj42osag
    btw, a chase bank lady approached me while there and put my name on a list to recieve a digned 8x10 of santana being mailed out since he was not ther, anyone else go on that list???

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Nyj42osag@Jun 21 2004, 03:47 PM
    btw, a chase bank lady approached me while there and put my name on a list to recieve a digned 8x10 of santana being mailed out since he was not ther, anyone else go on that list???
    whats the phone # for the bank...??

B)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Limolady+Jun 21 2004, 04:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limolady @ Jun 21 2004, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JOHN B@Jun 21 2004, 02:41 PM
    I like hearing how people had "conversations" with these guys, it&#39;s silly. oK, ya talked to him. I also had a few sentences with him, but not passing it off as conversation, just a few remarks.
    Hey John B., I see you are still coming on this board and trying to ruin everyone else&#39;s high. Maybe Johnny V didn&#39;t want to "talk" to you............

Glad to hear the folks who showed up for this signing got a chance to meet with a player and get an autograph. [/b][/quote]
    OK, I will stop being realistic Limo Lady. Sorry I ruined your fun. Johnny V didn&#39;t want to "talk" to anyone, he kept looking at the clock. But if he spent an hour afterwards hanging out with his new pals, that&#39;s another thing &#33;

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by dickkotite@Jun 21 2004, 04:37 PM

OK Dude, I will daydream like everyone else &#33; (good post&#33

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jun 20 2004, 02:22 PM

You hear so many stories about players not signing autographs or giving the fans the time of day and this is certainly a breath of fresh air knowing what a player is really like, especially if he is considerate to his fellow fans.

Banned
    I am thinking about buying an vilma autographed helmet on ebay, but I am alittle iffy on it.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by MrSFJFC+Jun 22 2004, 03:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrSFJFC @ Jun 22 2004, 03:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham@Jun 20 2004, 02:22 PM

You hear so many stories about players not signing autographs or giving the fans the time of day and this is certainly a breath of fresh air knowing what a player is really like, especially if he is considerate to his fellow fans. [/b][/quote]
    That would be BloJob Askew who refused to sign anyone&#39;s stuff and said "I&#39;ll only sign for kids" at a freakin Draft Day Party in a bar? :o

Veteran
    Originally posted by Limolady+Jun 22 2004, 01:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limolady @ Jun 22 2004, 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -MrSFJFC@Jun 22 2004, 03:33 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham
    @Jun 20 2004, 02:22 PM

You hear so many stories about players not signing autographs or giving the fans the time of day and this is certainly a breath of fresh air knowing what a player is really like, especially if he is considerate to his fellow fans.
    That would be BloJob Askew who refused to sign anyone&#39;s stuff and said "I&#39;ll only sign for kids" at a freakin Draft Day Party in a bar? :o [/b][/quote]
    Take it easy, Limolady. That&#39;s unfair. Everyone is entitled to have an "off day". He signed for me.....

All Pro
    Originally posted by Limolady+Jun 22 2004, 02:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limolady @ Jun 22 2004, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -MrSFJFC@Jun 22 2004, 03:33 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham
    @Jun 20 2004, 02:22 PM

That would be BloJob Askew who refused to sign anyone&#39;s stuff and said "I&#39;ll only sign for kids" at a freakin Draft Day Party in a bar? :o [/b][/quote]
    A 2nd year guy, you would think he would be more courteous to fellow fans. Then after he becomes a millionaire, then he can blow off anyone he wants because that&#39;s usually the case anyway. You ever notice that?

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Jun 22 2004, 03:49 PM

Take it easy, Limolady. That&#39;s unfair. Everyone is entitled to have an "off day". He signed for me.....
    [/quote]
    Hey, he signed for me too, at Draft Day, at Ronald McDonald House Softball game, at the Lupus Walk, and your Dad&#39;s radio show, etc. But I saw him blow off a few people who wanted his signature, not too professional I.M.O. <_<