Thread: OT: Attention all Motown fans

Banned
    Whether you be an old-timer who was weened on motown or a youngster who digs the old school sound of Detriot, I just watched a movie on Showtime on Demand that I would have to classify a MUST SEE

The Funk Brothers

My friends, this will teach you more about Hitsville {i.e. Motown} than you can ever dream of knowing

After watching this film you will realize how little you actually know about a sound that once swept this country like a tidal wave

Personally I love the Motown sound ... I've loved it all my life ... but never for one second did I stop to consider the men who actually created that wonderful sound

Now this film is laced with Motown hits ... some incredible live performances ... but it is so much more than that

This film is history ... it has finally placed the history of Motown in it's proper context, and the men who created the sound were finally given their just due

Again, if you enjoy the Motown sound ... young or old ... this film is a MUST SEE

PS. I know muh-man Bitonti will be on this

Kangaroo F*cker
    Sounds great. I am as white as they come but I love good music. The bad thing is I don't think too many people have showtime. Maybe I can call the cable company and make them give me a "deal" for 3 months!

Kangaroo F*cker
    GJ&H: Forgot to add I love the sig!

Banned
    Gainzo, I'm white too ... but Motown was the $hit

For nearly twenty years all they did was crank out hit after hit ... their #1 records might have numbered in the hundreds

Kangaroo F*cker
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jul 30 2004, 02:38 AM
    Gainzo, I'm white too ... but Motown was the $hit

For nearly twenty years all they did was crank out hit after hit ... their #1 records might have numbered in the hundreds
    Yes it was. Detroit (where is Guns?) back in the day was fantastic. So many great tunes.

All League
    My uncle used to work for Motown, so he got me into it big time. In one regard I am glad he did so because I have heard some unbelievable stuff, but its also tough being 19 and having my friends listen to whats on the radio now...utter crap.

Not sure where you guys live, but theres an NPR out of Newark on the 88.3 dial. On Sunday mornings they have a show rhythm review and plays some serious stuff. A few weeks ago they had a real rare track of David Ruffin doing "I Want You Back." Blows R.Kelly and Usher out of the water. I can hear this station in New York but I am not sure everyone can get it.