Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vilma hurts ankle

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Vilma twisted his ankle during the morning session and was held out for part of the practice. Prognosis coming. Full morning report will be uploaded shortly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Was he walking around on it, or carried off the field???

Hall Of Fame
    bad news, even if its not bad he will probably sit for a few days and miss valuable reps and may cut down his chances to get on the field, but thank goodness taht its early in camp taht he twisted himself up and not the end of camp thats for sure

Veteran
    Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER@Aug 3 2004, 12:25 PM
    Vilma twisted his ankle during the morning session and was held out for part of the practice. Prognosis coming. Full morning report will be uploaded shortly.
    :o is this just our luck, or what?? :o

All League
    Can not get to negative at this point -hopefully they are just taking extra caution with him.

All League
    the problem is ONCE you twist or sprain and ankle , it s more likely it will happen again due to weakness it that area .....hopefully im wrong though Angry

Charter JI Member
    you gotta be kidding me

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by spjets@Aug 3 2004, 12:31 PM
    the problem is ONCE you twist or sprain and ankle , it s more likely it will happen again due to weakness it that area .....hopefully im wrong though Angry
    youre right, he might as well retire now

All Pro
    seasons over

All League
    Originally posted by jetfan13+Aug 3 2004, 12:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetfan13 @ Aug 3 2004, 12:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--spjets@Aug 3 2004, 12:31 PM
    youre right, he might as well retire now [/b][/quote]
    i never said that buddy...im just saying once you weakin something like an ankle you have more a chance to do it again

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Relax....wait....see the MD report first.....

Even if Vilma was hit by a train, the 2004 NY Jets are NOT weak at the LB position. Yes, it would suck if it&#39;s severe, but in no way, shape or form is it a season destroyer (only Penny can have one of those).

Relax my friends. We got plenty o&#39; LB&#39;s and he likely isn;t hurt that bad anyway&#33;

OPTIMISM IS YOUR FRIEND&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    Originally posted by spjets+Aug 3 2004, 12:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spjets @ Aug 3 2004, 12:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -jetfan13@Aug 3 2004, 12:36 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--spjets
    @Aug 3 2004, 12:31 PM

youre right, he might as well retire now
    i never said that buddy...im just saying once you weakin something like an ankle you have more a chance to do it again [/b][/quote]
    Yup, I sprained my ankle, bad a while ago and it&#39;s still NOT the same. The doctor said that sometimes a sprain is worse than a break&#33;

All Pro
    Linebacker Eric Barton strained his left hamstring on Monday, and Edwards said that he is day-to-day.* Center Curt McGill also sprained his knee on Monday and sat out on Tuesday morning.* Near the end of the early session on Tuesday, Vilma suffered a minor ankle injury and Edwards said that he will probably not participate in the late session.

Doesn&#39;t seem to be serious, calm down ladies.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by jetman67@Aug 3 2004, 12:27 PM

He probably walked off.

The only thing real bad for a sprained ankle is if you put weight on it.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Warfish@Aug 3 2004, 12:38 PM
    Relax....wait....see the MD report first.....

Even if Vilma was hit by a train, the 2004 NY Jets are NOT weak at the LB position. Yes, it would suck if it&#39;s severe, but in no way, shape or form is it a season destroyer (only Penny can have one of those).

Relax my friends. We got plenty o&#39; LB&#39;s and he likely isn;t hurt that bad anyway&#33;

OPTIMISM IS YOUR FRIEND&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
    I would beg to differ about our deepness at LB

explain to me who will back up Cowart if he ends up sucking again this year if we were to lose Vilma

we are solid considering Hobby, Bart, Vilma and Cow...but what do we have after that? Mark Brown, Jason Glenn, Kenyatta Wright? tahts decent but not deep, if we lose a starting LB we would be in trouble man

All League
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 3 2004, 12:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Aug 3 2004, 12:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jetman67@Aug 3 2004, 12:27 PM

He probably walked off.

The only thing real bad for a sprained ankle is if you put weight on it.[/b][/quote]
    And from the sound of it, it seems it&#39;s more like a "Twisted" ankle than a sprain. They have no choice but to let him take weight off of it for the rest of the day so he can be back to full faculties by tomorrow...

RELAX

Veteran
    Cat needs to gain some weight.....he&#39;s not playing Rutgers anymore.

These big boys will wreak havok on undersized LB&#39;s.

Injury sounds minor AND Cowart wasnt going to be unseated @ the ILB spot.

Veteran
    Sounds like everyone&#39;s rolling their ankles.

What kind of lumpy moonscape surface are they practicing on at Hofstra?

...and why do teams go to these weird places for training camp rather than their nice practice facilities?

All Pro
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Aug 3 2004, 12:53 PM
    AND Cowart wasnt going to be unseated @ the ILB spot.
    Every report out of camp from people who have actually attended the practices say otherwiise.

Rookie
    cowart might surprise us this year, and I don&#39;t remember Glen playing that poorly. I think he overplayed at times, but I could be wrong.

As far as Vilmas injury, unless there is a lot more to it, I wouldn&#39;t worry. However I would be worried about Barton.