Thread: Lamont Jordan....article from front page

Banned
    "Jordan struggled during the first 11 on 11 drill. Jordan took handoffs from Pennington five straight times and got stuffed at the line of scrimmage on three of the five carries."

Just like he did on all of those 3rd and 1 plays where he got stuffed during the past couple of seasons. I remember this, and he still hasent changed. With the exception of that big run he had againsed the Raiders, what has he done?

Now you know why he's not getting alot of carries during the season. Curtis Martin is our guy, nuff said.

Because you know Cumart was gonna bust thru the D on 3rd and 1 when everyone knows we&#39;re running&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33; <_<

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Aug 3 2004, 01:59 PM
    "Jordan struggled during the first 11 on 11 drill. Jordan took handoffs from Pennington five straight times and got stuffed at the line of scrimmage on three of the five carries."

Look at the bright side.

He didn&#39;t put the rock on the ground. :lol:

Banned
    Yeah cause Jordan is so big and explosive that he sure busted through that line, or did he fumble?...I forget which one he did that week. He must be a Ricky Williams clone, he has done so much.

I really have a problem with people criticizing Jordan&#39;s fumbling problem. Jordan fumbles when he has a broken wrist and a cast on, or in a blizzard&#33; A healthy Jordan does not fumble nearly enough to be named a fumbler. Jordan is big and explosive, Punished tacklers and has taken carries farther than Curtis could ever. Give the guy a legit chance to play. Remember PENNINGTON SUCKED in spot duty&#33;

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

On moday morning he just waved at catchable pass in the flat. He seems to be moping around and his attitude can&#39;t be good for the team. We can&#39;t trade him now with no viable backup, but after next year&#39;s draft, don&#39;t let the door...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Curtis Martin =starter
    Lamont Jordan =Backup

No debates no bickering no distractions

Nuff Said

Veteran
    Jets shouldnt&#39; trade Lamont unless they get a Herschel Walker from the Vikings type offer....he&#39;s that special, right GJ&H?

I agree, Im afraid Jordan is probally dead set on leaving and wont perform well in certain situations. I truly think Herm didnt do a good job with this situation. Curtis had the 2nd most attempts by % of teams attempts of any RB last year (Leader was Ricky). We have a 2nd rd talented back, the least he could of gotten was some more touches. I agree I can&#39;t see the Jets doing anything else but letting him walk

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: whats herm supposed to do????

If Jordan walks after 2004 then so be it.

why is this even an issue........they are tearing up practice...it&#39;s up beat and rookies are making noise.....if Jordan is not here in 2004 then so be it.

It&#39;s funny how Jordan is all of a sudden such a huge commodity - People were not saying that last year....it&#39;s like he&#39;s the second coming all of a sudden.

I know plenty of people were screaming for Jordan last year&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Plenty of people, I have been screaming for Jordan to get atleast a share of touches since his rookie year. Remember Lamont was a very productive rookie with a carry avg over 7 yards a carry. Lamont has always been looked highly on this board for quite sometime. I mean the guy was a Round 2 selection&#33;

ph34r.gif whats herm supposed to do????
    I don&#39;t know, how about not making him the 2nd most seldomly used Back up RB in the NFL.