Thread: david boston out for season

Banned
    espnews in bottom right hand corner!!!

OUCH!!

pasquarelli reported he tore a tendon

Veteran
    Ouch...Phins are in a nightmare

Veteran
    this is the end!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!

All League

Hall Of Fame
    I never thought I'd actually feel bad for the 'phins, but I do right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Boston has torn left patella tendon

By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

HOUSTON -- In the latest catastrophe for the star-crossed Miami Dolphins, wide receiver David Boston suffered a serious knee injury during a Friday afternoon practice with the Houston Texans, and likely will miss the 2004 season.

An MRI exam of his left knee on Friday night determined he suffered a torn left patella tendon and he is expected to miss the entire 2004 season.

Boston, who was acquired this offseason in a trade with the San Diego Chargers, was running a fade route during the "team" portion of the practice, when his left knee seemed to buckle under him. There was no contact on the play, as Boston was covered by rookie cornerback Dunta Robinson, the Texans' first-round draft choice.

Robinson said Boston planted to make a cut and then went down, screaming. Boston, 25, was taken from the field on a cart. He was lying on a trainer's table in the Texans' complex, with a soft cast from his hip to his ankle, but declined to discuss the injury when approached by a reporter.

The Dolphins acquired the enigmatic Boston to pair with young standout receiver Chris Chambers, who on Thursday signed a five-year, $30 million contract extension. The loss of Boston, preceded by the sudden retirement of tailback Ricky Williams, would further weaken an already suspect Dolphins offense.

The first-round pick of Arizona in 1999, Boston played four seasons for the Cardinals before signing with the Chargers as a free agent in 2003. He had an uneven season on and off the field in San Diego and the Chargers gave up on him after just one season.

The Dolphins season is done.

Veteran
    Tough, tough offseason for Miami. Even though they are our divisional rivals, I hate to see a player with such a bad injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I'd be telling a lie if I said I was not feeling sorry for them but at the same time I hope the Jets bury them in october and I'll be there.

Friggin unreal....this has got to be the overall worst offseason for an NFL team in history.

wow

All League
    thats an F offseason for them

All League
    Damn. You know, they really have to give Wanny another year or two, it's not his fault the Fish go 4-12.....

Banned
    lets hope that is what the front office feels too...wannstadt is a horrible coach...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: at this point it ain't coaching......I mean Wanny has nothing to do wiith any of this...sheet they won 10 friggin games last year (no playoffs)

Wanny has nothing to do with this....the 2004 Dolphins are just snakebitten in the worst way.

I live in Florida and you should see the local news.

Fish is done.

Veteran
    Hey Miami look on the bright side, at least you'll have the NBA season to look forward to with Shaq...

Damn, what a tragic off season. I almost feel sorry for them.

Banned
    Originally posted by jesper stromblad rules@Aug 6 2004, 10:45 PM
    Damn. You know, they really have to give Wanny another year or two, it's not his fault the Fish go 4-12.....
    Totally Agree

Sorry people, I've lived in SFL for almost 34 years and these yahoo's down here love it when a rival goes down (especially our Jets)...so, I'll join their lower than crap mentality and say...SCREW 'EM!

Veteran
    Originally posted by DTrainBringinDaPain@Aug 6 2004, 11:03 PM
    Hey Miami look on the bright side, at least you'll have the NBA season to look forward to with Shaq...

Damn, what a tragic off season. I almost feel sorry for them.
    [QUOTE]

If Shaq gets hurt that city will burn.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I feel as bad now as the Dolphin fans felt for us in '99 when Testeverde went down or in '86 when we lost four of our front seven players on defense in a two week span.

All League
    We went through it last year. They are going through it this year. Suck it up guys !

All League
    All those consecutive years of winning must finally be catching up right now.

everything is going wrong.

and ogun is still holding out

Originally posted by Come Back to NY@Aug 6 2004, 11:06 PM
    I feel as bad now as the Dolphin fans felt for us in '99 when Testeverde went down or in '86 when we lost four of our front seven players on defense in a two week span.
    Exactly, they didn't give two ****s and why should we...they loved it when Penny went down last year also...TOUGH!