Thread: Troy Brown working out in Secondary?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who Cares? Really, Who Cares? DAMN CHOWDS

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I really don't care if Troy Brown ran for president....right now I'm kinda taking a look at the New Orleans Saints.....I'll worry about the Chowds when we play em.

All League
    It sounds crazy, but it's probably smart. Belichick always seems to be one step ahead of the league, and stuff like this is often why.

Belichick is an absolute FIEND for depth and redundancy. He wants every player not named "Brady" to be able to play multiple positions or roles. For cap felxibility? In case of injuries? Just as a matter of principle? I dunno, probably a bit of each.

If any other coach did this I'd say it was an intriguing idea but probably a bd one.

In this case however..... in BB we trust.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: True

All League
    who cares , screw the PATS

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: Richardseymour

Great stats on Watson but D-Rob and J-Mac has actually played in NFL games and this is D-Robs second year and I think J-Mac is going to be aiiiight for the Jets.

I'm also a Univ of Florida Alum and in the last two game where my Gators beat the Dawgs (again) Watson was pretty much invisible.

He needs to get his ass in camp.

Speed and bench press means stats squat if you are not on the field.

All League
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Aug 12 2004, 11:38 AM
    :ph34r: Richardseymour

Great stats on Watson but D-Rob and J-Mac has actually played in NFL games and this is D-Robs second year and I think J-Mac is going to be aiiiight for the Jets.

I'm also a Univ of Florida Alum and in the last two game where my Gators beat the Dawgs (again) Watson was pretty much invisible.

He needs to get his ass in camp.

Speed and bench press means stats squat if you are not on the field.
    Yeah but McMichael was also invisible in college for the Dawgs.

And D-Rob wasn't exactly blowing the NCAA's doors off.

This currant (bitter) holdout aside, I think Watsons numbers are an indication of his potential. He has a very high chance to not pan out, imo, but he also has a better than normal chance to be a stud TE of the first order.

He's a gamble on greatness. At this point I wouldn't expect much from him this year.

In my sig, I just wanted to point out the jawdropping potential of a TE who can run a 40 faster than MacCareins, lift more reps of 225 than D-Rob, score higher on the league IQ test than Pennington, and has a 40 inch vertical.

All League
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Aug 12 2004, 11:13 AM
    :ph34r: I really don't care if Troy Brown ran for president....right now I'm kinda taking a look at the New Orleans Saints.....I'll worry about the Chowds when we play em.
    Freak,

I know you are concentrating on the Saint's, so what can you tell us about the 2004 Saints going into Fridays contest?

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: well for one Aaron Brooks might not play in tommorrow game.

secondly the Saints enhanced their turf and are looking forward to trying it out tommorrow. They also feel the Jets will be a good strong test for the first pre season game. I kinda got this info frrom the Saints website on NFL.com

Feel free to check it out if you want. I don't attend other team mesasage boards but I go to the team sites the week the Jets are playing them.

Richardseymour: I go to quite a few Gator games each year and I saw D-Rob play and he was all over the field against my gators in 2002...D Rob played for Kentucky and Watson played for Georgia......kind of a major difference in exposure!! And Randy Mcmichael made a ton of noise when he was with the Dawgs......I'm in SEC country and did well for Georgia.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: and I too feel Watson has a great upside.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Tailgater@Aug 12 2004, 11:48 AM

I know you are concentrating on the Saint's, so what can you tell us about the 2004 Saints going into Fridays contest?
    That's funny as hell. :lol:

What difference does it make who you play in a preseaon game? :blink:

I'll be back later, I need to go study the film on the Eagles offense and defense so I'm ready for the pre-season opener.

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: whoa

is it a crime if I concentrate on my teams opponents????

Is it a crime that I go on the opponents teams website to check on the injuries etc before the Jets play them?

It is also a crime that I don't live on another teams website's message board?

Whats wrong with my response? Shhheeeesh

This is a Jets site and the fact that I could care less about any team right except the team my Jets....if u can get that then.......sheesh.

I was just making an initial response to richardseymour and someone asked me a question regarding the saints and as usual I get more assanine feedback.

Get real and focus on the Eagles!!!!