Thread: My Predictions for this season

The Jets offense will have a spectacular season and Pete Kendall will be part of a CBS pre-game show talk at some point during the season, when CuMart is having one heckuva season to lock up for good his Hall of Fame status.

The Jets defense is going to be burned badly in many games, particularly by the passing game. The defense will have a lot of sacks and my personal hope is an unusually high number of sacks cause turnovers, because that will have to most likely be this defense's bread and butter if the offense is going to do most of the work. If the Jets defense is on the field for 35 minutes again for like the fourth straight year, we wont make the POs

Banned
    Originally posted by Brain Hemorrhage@Aug 18 2004, 02:50 AM
    If the Jets defense is on the field for 35 minutes again for like the fourth straight year, we wont make the POs
    Great Point

Two things needs to happen .....

The offesne needs to cut down, SUBSTANTIALLY, on the 3 & Outs

And the defense needs to pick it up, SUBSTANTIALLY, on the 3 & Outs

Hall Of Fame
    I worry about our vulnerability in the passing game, particularly the Big Play. I am hoping against hope that our pass rush will be consistent enough to help our CBs and safeties, but if we really are going to be playing more man coverage this year, it could get ugly quick. I am happy that we have speed at the LB position and may be able to finally defend outside rushes, but our DL needs to improve on run stopping up the gut, because we literally got shredded like a hot knife through butter last season. Teams didn't even try to hide the fact that they were running up the gut and it still worked.

I think the offense can be very good as well. We need to all say some prayers that Santana, Justin, Chad and Kevin stay healthy though.

I think the Jets are about an 8-8 team. If things go well, 10-6 or even 11-5. If not, and injuries and stupid mistakes in close games bites us again, well, we're looking at 6-10 or 7-9 again, unfortunately.

I'd put the playoff probability at about 35% to 40% for us this season, realistically. I think Miami will not collapse like most think, and I think Buffalo, while improved, will not be that much better than the Green. I worry about the Pats, Colts, Titans, Ravens, Bengals and Chiefs...with the Jets, Bills, Jags, Steelers, Phins and maybe the Raiders as the teams that are right on the bubble of being playoff contenders...with the Jags as a team that could very well end up being VERY good.

Maxman
    The Jets are going to win the AFC East. They will have a first round bye.

I would tell you guys more but you are all on a need to know basis.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Maxman@Aug 18 2004, 11:52 AM

I NEED TO KNOW

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Maxman@Aug 18 2004, 10:52 AM

How the hell is that going to happen?

All the "experts" at ESPN have the Jets ranked as the 2nd worst team in the NFL.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 18 2004, 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Aug 18 2004, 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Aug 18 2004, 10:52 AM

All the "experts" at ESPN have the Jets ranked as the 2nd worst team in the NFL. [/b][/quote]
    Good point. If the experts say it, it can&#39;t be true.

99.8% of them pick the Pats and Panthers to make the SuperBowl this year. Because that is who made it last year. Nothing like going out on a limb.

Maxman
    Originally posted by LockeJET+Aug 18 2004, 10:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LockeJET @ Aug 18 2004, 10:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Aug 18 2004, 11:52 AM

I NEED TO KNOW [/b][/quote]
    Okay.

The Jets win the SuperBowl this year. But keep it on the down low for the time being.

All League
    Originally posted by jets5ever@Aug 18 2004, 08:23 AM
    I worry about our vulnerability in the passing game, particularly the Big Play. I am hoping against hope that our pass rush will be consistent enough to help our CBs and safeties, but if we really are going to be playing more man coverage this year, it could get ugly quick. I am happy that we have speed at the LB position and may be able to finally defend outside rushes, but our DL needs to improve on run stopping up the gut, because we literally got shredded like a hot knife through butter last season. Teams didn&#39;t even try to hide the fact that they were running up the gut and it still worked.

I think the offense can be very good as well. We need to all say some prayers that Santana, Justin, Chad and Kevin stay healthy though.

I think the Jets are about an 8-8 team. If things go well, 10-6 or even 11-5. If not, and injuries and stupid mistakes in close games bites us again, well, we&#39;re looking at 6-10 or 7-9 again, unfortunately.

I&#39;d put the playoff probability at about 35% to 40% for us this season, realistically. I think Miami will not collapse like most think, and I think Buffalo, while improved, will not be that much better than the Green. I worry about the Pats, Colts, Titans, Ravens, Bengals and Chiefs...with the Jets, Bills, Jags, Steelers, Phins and maybe the Raiders as the teams that are right on the bubble of being playoff contenders...with the Jags as a team that could very well end up being VERY good.
    oh now you did it....JETSFREAK is gonna lash out on ya now&#33; :lol:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Aug 18 2004, 09:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Aug 18 2004, 09:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Brain Hemorrhage@Aug 18 2004, 02:50 AM
    If the Jets defense is on the field for 35 minutes again for like the fourth straight year, we wont make the POs
    Great Point

[/b][/quote]
    back to basics, good points

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 18 2004, 11:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Aug 18 2004, 11:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Aug 18 2004, 10:52 AM

All the "experts" at ESPN have the Jets ranked as the 2nd worst team in the NFL. [/b][/quote]
    yes, the same experts that have the Patsies* ranked the best and we all know thats a crock of s**t also

All Pro
    Originally posted by jetfan13+Aug 18 2004, 11:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetfan13 @ Aug 18 2004, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Aug 18 2004, 11:57 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman
    @Aug 18 2004, 10:52 AM

All the "experts" at ESPN have the Jets ranked as the 2nd worst team in the NFL.
    yes, the same experts that have the Patsies* ranked the best and we all know thats a crock of s**t also [/b][/quote]
    Yeah its hard to see why the experts would pick a team that won 15 in a row to win the Super Bowl as the best team in the league. :blink: :unsure: They should be looking at a 6-10 team from last year that looked real good losing to the Pats twice last year. :lol: :lol: :lol: Let the games begin and Jet fans cries be heard across the land.

All Pro
    The jets can be 11-5 if these two things happen:
    1) The defense MUST get off the field..
    2) Hackett HAS to utilize the teams strengths,,Chad and wr&#39;s..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by bman@Aug 18 2004, 11:34 AM
    3). The other team doesn&#39;t show up.

Hermy alone will figure out a way to lose 5 games under that scenario.

All Pro
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 18 2004, 11:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Aug 18 2004, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman@Aug 18 2004, 11:34 AM
    3). The other team doesn&#39;t show up.

Hermy alone will figure out a way to lose 5 games under that scenario. [/b][/quote]
    I have to concede one thing, and that is that the defense will get off the field, every tome the othe team scores. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate to beat a dead horse but the schedule is very easy this season. They have a legitimate chance at 10-6 or 11-5 if they play to their potential.

I think it all depends on how the defense gells. If teams average 120+ rushing yards against us per game we&#39;re screwed.

All Pro
    That&#39;s it the one puzzling thing about this team (no one knows what to expect).

On paper they seemed like a solid unit but they are many question marks also.

This team can win anywhere from 6-11 games (that is a huge margin in football).

I guess we will all have to wait and see

Veteran
    Originally posted by chiefst2000@Aug 18 2004, 11:47 AM
    I think it all depends on how the defense gells.
    Evans will be Gellin&#39; like a Felon&#33;

Actually, I think pot&#39;s a misdemeanor, but that doesn&#39;t rhyme.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Aug 18 2004, 07:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Aug 18 2004, 07:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Brain Hemorrhage@Aug 18 2004, 02:50 AM
    Great Point

[/b][/quote]
    Short and sweet. This is exactly what needs to change from last year. Especially the defensive part.

It&#39;s such a downer when your offense moves the ball, puts up some points, and the defense gives it right back.