Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wake up Terry

Rookie
    Why haven't the Jets contacted Steve Beuerlein? He would be the perfect back up for Chad. Offer him a nice year one deal. I'm sure he would take it. Money talks!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: are you kidding? Steve B retired because he played like 19 seasons and he was not fully healthy.

The Jets will get a backup in here soon enough...look around the league....am I the only one that realizes that there have not been any QB moves as yet???

It's like a week after the first pre season games...the moves will statr happening about the end of next week or after the 3rd pre season game when bodies begin to move.

It's UNREAL how many on this board are panicking because they saw Ray (in the 1st preseason game) with the 3rd stringers!!! Amazing the panic I'm seeing.

Vinny looked like crap with the dallas first team
    Jon Kitna and Tim Couch looked like doo doo with their backups.

Before anymore of you leap of buildings how about watching what Ray does with the 2nd team iof saturday.

I want a competent back QB but there is no way I am going to make judgement with a player that played in the 1st pre season game with players that probably won't be here in three weeks.

Some of you need to loo around the league...it may surprise you that we are not the only team looking for a QB and Ricky Ray might just work out for us.
    With that being said the Jets will STILL bring in a vet before the season starts.

So you guys can keep leaping off the bridge and have heart attacks...I'm just gonna see what Ray does on saturday and also see who the Jets bring in the next coming weeks.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by #90@Aug 18 2004, 04:49 PM
    Why haven't the Jets contacted Steve Beuerlein? He would be the perfect back up for Chad. Offer him a nice year one deal. I'm sure he would take it. Money talks!
    Your username #90 must be as in #90 Dan Klecko of the patsie's?

I'm not sure I've seen such a negative Jet fan poster since Jetman67 lost his mind after the dismal 6-10 season last year and picketed the Jets F.O. to fire Herm.

What's up with you?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Umm, Limo, have you heard of Dennis Byrd?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

the bottom line has already been stated on numerous threads - no one we bring in is going to help us out more than anyone we already have on the roster. if chad goes down for an extended period of time, we're done- whether it's ricky ray or steve beurlein taking the snaps.

people are pretty quick to forget that ray was coveted by a dozen teams this off season. now that doesnt mean he's a solid nfl back up qb right now, but he defintely has the upside to develop into one.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Aug 18 2004, 05:08 PM

Why Bob, was he a hater too? :lol:

To tell you the truth, I don't think we even need to bring in a veteran backup. I think one of Bollinger or Ray will be able to handle a starting role if Chad were to go down. Bollinger had two turnovers in his preseason debut, but it's not like he threw an INT. He fumbled a QB-Center exchange and I forget how he fumbled the second time. On his final drive before he got hurt, he led the team to a TD scoring drive. Bottom line is that the fumbling problem can most likely be fixed and he could step in as Chad's backup, or Ray could shine on Saturday against the Colts and he could step in as the backup. I don't think we need any washed up veterans again (Vinny T), playing the backup role.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I almost fell out of my chair laughing at how many people are panicking about our backup QB after one game with the third stringers.

I watched a lot of games on NFL Network many backups who played with the 3rd stringers did not exactly look great.....and the fact is ...iit was the first pre season game!!!!

Unreal!!!!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Limolady+Aug 18 2004, 04:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Limolady @ Aug 18 2004, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bob the Jets Fan™@Aug 18 2004, 05:08 PM

Why Bob, was he a hater too? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Well, no. He wasn&#39;t and isn&#39;t. He was #90, though.

Do some research. Find out who he is.

Hall Of Fame
    i just did a google sarch on this guy they called byrd.

he was a football player. he hit his head in a play and got paralyzed. oh yea he was a jet too, thats why his uniform was green

All League
    forget it...

Rookie
    That&#39;s not a picture of Dennis Byrd BTW.

All Pro
    Originally posted by #90@Aug 18 2004, 03:49 PM
    Why haven&#39;t the Jets contacted Steve Beuerlein? He would be the perfect back up for Chad. Offer him a nice year one deal. I&#39;m sure he would take it. Money talks&#33;
    :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Nails@Aug 18 2004, 06:07 PM
    That&#39;s not a picture of Dennis Byrd BTW.
    yes it is

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by JetMedic@Aug 18 2004, 04:46 PM
    forget it...
    medic im dyingto know what u posted man DYING&#33;

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by dickkotite+Aug 18 2004, 06:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dickkotite @ Aug 18 2004, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetMedic@Aug 18 2004, 04:46 PM
    forget it...
    medic im dyingto know what u posted man DYING&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I saw it. It was absolutely on the money. I wish he hadn&#39;t deleted it.

Hall Of Fame
    UGH now im doubly curious

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Aug 18 2004, 08:08 PM

I&#39;ve heard of Peter Berg. Kind of a smallish defensive lineman if you ask me.

Hall Of Fame
    yjf, you dont know who d byrd was for real?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Nails is right. When I did the Google search, it gave me a pic of the actor who played DB in the movie. Sorry, everybody.

Here&#39;s the real guy.