Thread: Colvin to see significant PT

Banned
    August 20, 2004 3:55 PM ET
    Patriots: Colvin to see significant action

The News
    Rosevelt Colvin is slated to see extended action in the Patriots' preseason game with the Bengals on Saturday. The linebacker has been out almost a full year after suffering a career-threatening hip injury early last season. He played only one down against the Eagles last week, but had a good week of practice and is ready to play this weekend.
    Our View
    Colvin has reportedly looked good physically in practice, but has played tentatively. He is still trying to get his "football sense" back, and until he does and proves that he can play through the pain of his sore hip, fantasy owners who can draft individual defensive players would be wise not to expect too much out of Colvin

Veteran
    Not expecting much but even as some of you aren't Pats fans you have to say this is good story. No one should want to see someone else in pain or injuried.. Hopefully he'll get back to his old routines for the season opener!

Practice Squad
    it all depends on his recovery. I dont know much about his injury, but if he is abck he is an absolute animal and adds a lot of speed the the pass rush.

Bitter
    I predict that Colvin will have 4 1/2 sacks in the first series alone. I realize that there are only 4 downs but still....At the end of the game they will immediately select him to the Pro Bowl and shortly after they will begin making his bust for the Hall of Fame.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Aug 20 2004, 06:23 PM
    I predict that Colvin will have 4 1/2 sacks in the first series alone. I realize that there are only 4 downs but still....At the end of the game they will immediately select him to the Pro Bowl and shortly after they will begin making his bust for the Hall of Fame.
    Words are funny.
    If you are a draft pick and you suck-you're a BUST
    If you are among the best of all times,They enshrine a BUST of you.
    In the strippers hall of fame do they have a bust of their busts?

Banned
    right along with Erik Coleman and D-rob :unsure:

Banned
    :lol:

I was talking about season predictions not for saturdays game :lol:

All Pro
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Aug 20 2004, 10:23 PM
    You know the way the Patriot corners mug wideouts, the first series is likely to be 7-9 plays with all the PI penalties.

Bitter
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Aug 20 2004, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Aug 20 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-huskeralk@Aug 20 2004, 06:23 PM
    :lol:

I was talking about season predictions not for saturdays game :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Oh, you wanted a season prediction. Well by my game prediction, you can only imagine the season he is going to have. Lawrence who? Derrick who? Lights out baby&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Originally posted by huskeralk@Aug 20 2004, 05:23 PM
    You are right with the 4 1/2 sacks. On that second play he will be awarded the full sack, + a half sack for assisting in his own sack.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Uh Husk, Colvin does not wear a Jet uniform.

Veteran
    who cares

Practice Squad
    I think he&#39;ll be fine, I am finished healing from my second broken hip, same one twice, motocycle the first time and kissed a culvert at 55 mph in a car the second. The accidents were 12 years apart and it took much longer to heal the second time but I&#39;m doing fine, he&#39;s also much younger than me at 37.

Bitter
    Originally posted by NYRAGE@Aug 21 2004, 08:00 AM
    who cares
    totally agree. I wish he were dead don&#39;t you? At the very least I wish he had to have his leg amputated.

Veteran
    He won&#39;t be the same for a long time. Watching him during practice you can see how hesitant he is in pursuit. It will be a while before he regains that killer instinct.

Banned
    Originally posted by huskeralk+Aug 21 2004, 09:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huskeralk @ Aug 21 2004, 09:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NYRAGE@Aug 21 2004, 08:00 AM
    who cares
    totally agree. I wish he were dead don&#39;t you? At the very least I wish he had to have his leg amputated. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: Good one

Bitter
    Originally posted by Wiggy@Aug 21 2004, 12:11 PM
    He won&#39;t be the same for a long time. Watching him during practice you can see how hesitant he is in pursuit. It will be a while before he regains that killer instinct.
    Dude shut up already. It&#39;s pessimistic fans like you that really piss me off. There is no question, Colvin will be in the pro bowl this year following his record breaking sack performance. I&#39;m thinking somewhere in the 40-50 range sounds about right.

I predict that he will have the best parking spot at Gillette stadium, they have great handicap access. :lol:

Bitter
    Originally posted by GreenSpleen@Aug 21 2004, 03:39 PM
    I predict that he will have the best parking spot at Gillette stadium, they have great handicap access. :lol:
    Now see...that was just uncalled for. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxman
    I predict his return will spark the Patriots to lose by 28.

Without him they will lose by 35.