Thread: Bold statement of the evening

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the grass trays of the 2002 Colts @ Jets playoff game (in which Tom condon's client Chad Pennington defeated Tom Condon's other client Payton Manning) was the worst surface in NY Playoff game history, since the Shula Orange Bowl tarp game in the 80's.

discuss :lol:

ps- no injuries tonight! everyone think happy thoughts

All Pro
    that field was bad all year round - rememebr the Brown's game earlier that year they area outseide the numbvers needed new sod - not to mention the Giants - Eagles played the day before on the field

All Pro
    Originally posted by bitonti@Aug 21 2004, 07:09 PM
    the grass trays of the 2002 Colts @ Jets playoff game (in which Tom condon's client Chad Pennington defeated Tom Condon's other client Payton Manning) was the worst surface in NY Playoff game history, since the Shula Orange Bowl tarp game in the 80's.

discuss :lol:

I'll take it a step further.

They were in the top 5 in Worst Field Conditions in League History

All League
    Charter JI Member

I know the guy whose company did that work. He was frustrated as hell. I made it worse for him at every opportunity.

He's a Giants fan though, so tough.

by the time that game was played, it was nothing but dirt spray painted green.

Banned
    Originally posted by bitonti@Aug 21 2004, 08:09 PM
    NOT SO FAST

I saw Bryan Thomas limp off the field in the 4th Qtr ... did not return

Gotta findout what that was all about? :unsure:

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Aug 21 2004, 10:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Aug 21 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti@Aug 21 2004, 08:09 PM
    ps- no injuries tonight&#33; everyone think happy thoughts
    NOT SO FAST

Gotta findout what that was all about? :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Bruised Vagina - Day to Day

Maxman
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Aug 21 2004, 10:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Aug 21 2004, 10:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Aug 21 2004, 10:17 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti
    @Aug 21 2004, 08:09 PM
    ps- no injuries tonight&#33; everyone think happy thoughts

NOT SO FAST

Gotta findout what that was all about? :unsure:
    Bruised Vagina - Day to Day [/b][/quote]
    A little vagisil should clear that right up.

(Or so I am told).

Waterboy
    Has anybody seen the condition of the field lately? A friend of my was at a soccer game about two weeks ago, he reported that the field was in bad shape.

All League
    Originally posted by Destanee@Aug 21 2004, 10:37 PM
    Has anybody seen the condition of the field lately? A friend of my was at a soccer game about two weeks ago, he reported that the field was in bad shape.
    it&#39;s artificial. go back to bed before your parents catch you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets sod field from 2002 was an advantage for us. Remember Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison scoring ZERO points in the playoffs against us.

It&#39;s like New England&#39;s field. What a joke that is. The Pats used that crap to their advantage. The league got on them to improve the conditions but BB and Kraft did nothing. I don&#39;t blame them,.That surface helped their defense. Notice that when The Pats D played on the artificial surface in The Superbowl. Their defense got carved up.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by gaffneycatch+Aug 21 2004, 11:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gaffneycatch @ Aug 21 2004, 11:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Destanee@Aug 21 2004, 10:37 PM
    it&#39;s artificial. go back to bed before your parents catch you. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t be so quick to slam the guy. Yes, the surface is artificial, but they put grass over top of it for the soccer match.

It&#39;s screwy, but they do it. Did it last year, too.

Gaffney&#39;s right, though, Destanee. The Jets will be playing on the artificial surface, which is fine.