Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Critique the '04 Patriots

Veteran
    I still think they suck.

The acquistion of Dillon could hurt as much as help. If he was all that, Cincy wouldn't have let him go for a second rd. pick.

QB depth is a concern at the present time.

Aside form Seymour, the D-line looks like a bunch of fat slobs.

Ty Law just got screwed from BB, again.

The losses of Compton & Woody will have an effect along the line. Bob Hallen isn't the answer.

Wilfork aint no Ted Washington.

The best player on this team is the kicker.

Brady better stay healthy. Law better get his money.

Ben Watson will suck a bad as the last TE they drafted in the first round.

Of course, this is just one Jet Fan's opinion.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by JETSET47@Aug 30 2004, 01:10 PM
    I still think they suck.

The acquistion of Dillon could hurt as much as help. If he was all that, Cincy wouldn't have let him go for a second rd. pick.

The losses of Compton & Woody will have an effect along the line. Bob Hallen isn't the answer.

Finally a Jets fan who gets it. Thank God for this guy!!!

Veteran
    Originally posted by JETSET47@Aug 30 2004, 01:10 PM
    I still think they suck.

This should be interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Gee I wonder why Patsie fans come here in droves and hammer away at so many of the posts.

Your point is that the Super Bowl Champions 'still' suck?

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Originally posted by JETSET47@Aug 30 2004, 02:10 PM

That's what I've been saying for the past three years. Without Viniteri, both those Lombardi's would NOT be sitting on Krafty's desk right now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by D-BYRD@Aug 30 2004, 01:35 PM

Hey mods, the Pats contingent would like to request that you practice equal representation with your job responsibilities.

As numerous Pats posts have been deleted this week (because the mods thought they were just "flamer" posts) this one should also be deleted because of the flaming nature of the original post.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 30 2004, 01:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Aug 30 2004, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-D-BYRD@Aug 30 2004, 01:35 PM

Hey mods, the Pats contingent would like to request that you practice equal representation with your job responsibilities.

As numerous Pats posts have been deleted this week (because the mods thought they were just "flamer" posts) this one should also be deleted because of the flaming nature of the original post. [/b][/quote]
    You do realize that the name of this site is JetsInsider .com, right?

Who promised you equality?

All Pro
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Aug 30 2004, 01:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Aug 30 2004, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-D-BYRD@Aug 30 2004, 01:35 PM

As numerous Pats posts have been deleted this week (because the mods thought they were just "flamer" posts) this one should also be deleted because of the flaming nature of the original post. [/b][/quote]
    I think you misunderstand. They were deleted because Pat fans are flamers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Aug 30 2004, 02:41 PM

As numerous Pats posts have been deleted this week (because the mods thought they were just "flamer" posts) this one should also be deleted because of the flaming nature of the original post.
    Tex don&#39;t look now but it is a Jet Board&#33;&#33; I just wish the Jets
    sucked Bad so they would have 2 out of 3 Bowls in the last 3
    years&#33;&#33;

Veteran

:lol: :lol: Go gitt&#39;em TX.
    I&#39;m waiting for GRABANZA to come riding in on FLYING ELVIS&#39;S BIG CAT bull dozer like the 7th CALV.

Rookie
    HASN"T THIS THREAD GOTTEN OLD YET?

Does it matter how they won? They won 2 in three years. They don&#39;t seem to be the team they were last year so far. But they have 2 SB trophies. That is a FACT. Until Game time. Let this thread die.

Veteran
    Let&#39;s face it, the only stat that the Patriots led the league in was INTs. That&#39;s great, especially when they&#39;re MUGGING WR&#39;s. You take that away and this team is average. Check YOUR rankings Pat fans. You&#39;re so quick to throw around these numbers when it&#39;s convenient for you. You guys won the SB because of great coaching and teamwork. You guys squeaked out of several games last season. The Pats don&#39;t dominate teams, they escape with a win. Like the SB. You didn&#39;t pound the Panthers, you just got in field goal range. Your team IS vulnerable, and it will show. As far as your team goes this year, you had an OK draft and a half ass preseason. That&#39;s just what I&#39;ve seen since last season. Two weeks b*tches&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    To me, The pats are great. They are obviously the team to beat. The coach makes our coach look like a Special Olympian, Their QB is different than ours and probably better because of it, Our defense compared to theirs is a point that I cannot make watertight, because our defense has yet to be tested. Yet theirs is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But, I will hold them to this.

It is more fun to watch Goliath fall to david, than it is to watch Goliath to smash david to pieces. That said, the Pats BETTER NOT fall to the Jets, or there will be poo-poo hitting the fan. And, there will be the double-take of Jets and Pats fans everywhere, a weary wipe of the eyes, and the open jaw of the chowds, tongue tied and smitten.

heh. you dont want that, do you?

"It won&#39;t happen. The Pats will crush the Jets both times."

I will hold you to that, pats fans and patriot players. I will hold you to that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by D-BYRD@Aug 30 2004, 01:55 PM
    Go gitt&#39;em TX.

I&#39;m waiting for GRABANZA to come riding in on FLYING ELVIS&#39;S BIG CAT bull dozer like the 7th CALV.
    D-Byrd, that was pretty damn funny. :lol:

Veteran
    Hey, Mickey Schuler, you gettin&#39; this?&#33; Pay attention now. Watch how the Patsie fans come out in droves with their 2 bowls in 3 years bullsh*t. It&#39;s priceless. By the way, I STILL think they suck. The Pats will go 9-7 AT BEST&#33; Bastids. <_<

Rookie
    Isn&#39;t "critique" french for "they suck yambags"??

All League
    ...ooops, sorry it took so long to get here, fella&#39;s. The telphone lines in my double wide were shut-off. :lol:

Hmmm...so what am I supposed to do here? Oh yah.....ANNOY&#33;

Limo - for the hundreth time - and since your a "professional" now, take head: It takes an entire team effort to put a kicker in position to win a game- capice?

Tx - I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever had a post deleted. Hmmmm.... God hlep me&#33; Some people may actually "like" me. This can&#39;t be - I&#39;ll never win most annoying honors&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I think Watson has shown more promise on one game than Becht has shown in his entire career - but, heck what do I know.....

Tom Brady owns two SB rings and Chad does not. The argument stops there. Plus (here comes annoying&#33 he is is soooooo much cuter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by JETSET47@Aug 30 2004, 02:07 PM

Watch how the Patsie fans come out in droves with their 2 bowls in 3 years bullsh*t. It&#39;s priceless.
    Yea 47, you are right.

I rather have my last Super Bowl victory before a man walked on the moon rather than 2 in the last 3 years.

How does it feel to keep company with Cards, Lions and Saints fans? :lol:

Now that&#39;s priceless.

Veteran
    Let&#39;s focus on the present, shall we. The topic states &#39;04 Patriots. With that in mind, your team has a lot to prove. The last time you were &#39;defending champs&#39; your team didn&#39;t even make the post season. So once again the &#39;defending champs&#39; must try to repeat. I believe they won&#39;t. I&#39;ll start with the F/A. Gone from the offensive line are Damien Woody & Mike Compton. F/A Bob Hallen (who? ) was brought in to shore up the offensive line. Ted Washington departed for Oakland. Replacing him are Trevor Pryce & Dana Stubblefield. That&#39;s showing a lot of faith that the CS has in it&#39;s current players. Neither one is as good as Washington. Now the draft. Wilfork & Watson. Wilfork obviously needs time ( as does Warren ) which is why the team signed Stubblefield after the draft. Watson reminds me of DRob. Phenominal combine numbers. Let&#39;s see if he&#39;s named the starter opening day. I think he&#39;ll see spot duty blocking. By the way, how was that other TE you drafted in the first round? Anyhow, we enter the preseason. 0-2. I know it&#39;s preseason, but 0-2 is what it is, and that can&#39;t be good. Your DB&#39;s have gotten flagged on several occassions and you Pats fans are trying to tell us that it won&#39;t effect them. Sh*t, they&#39;re the reason why the rule was made&#33; So now all those three point victories are going to be alot harder. You Patsies better pray nothing happens to Brady. I thought our back up situation was bad, yours is real bad. Jim Miller? Rohan Davey? Whatever. You&#39;ll be lucky if Ty Law plays one snap. BB just screwed him yet again for bonus money ( that&#39;s written in his contract.) What would BB know about contracts? He screwed Mr. Hess and now he&#39;s screwing his star defensive player. That&#39;s really gonna help the team. Anyway, that&#39;s a few of the reasons why I THINK THE PATS SUCK.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

My assesment of the 2004 Pats

I don&#39;t give a crap about them until we play them.

Next up: Meaningless game vs the Eagles then the Bengals. The Chowds are not even on my radar right now.

If I have to say something about them....they are beateble and will be beat. These Chowds that live here make it seem like they are invincible but Jake Delhomme looked nice passing the ball vs the Chowds on saturday night

Nuff Said