Thread: Computer Help

All League
    Somehow this thin got on My frickin computer...No Idea how :unsure: But anyone with some tips on how to get rid of it would be GREATLY appreciated...Thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by FlaJet023@Sep 3 2004, 10:37 AM
    Somehow this thin got on My frickin computer...No Idea how :unsure: But anyone with some tips on how to get rid of it would be GREATLY appreciated...Thanks
    I got rid of mine with my AVG ...

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

All Pro
    Originally posted by FlaJet023@Sep 3 2004, 08:37 AM
    First things first.

Are you OK with the hurricane bearing down on you guys? Everyone safe?

After that, AVG is the answer. There are better experts here though, who may have other solutions.

Veteran
    Originally posted by savage69+Sep 3 2004, 09:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (savage69 @ Sep 3 2004, 09:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FlaJet023@Sep 3 2004, 10:37 AM
    I got rid of mine with my AVG ...

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/ [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;ve got AVG too...worked like a charm removing the virus out of my comp....i also downloaded "adaware" which seemed to of sped up my computer...it gets rid of all the "spyware" on your comp.

All League
    I keep getting a ton of pop ups....I never got ANY before..Pissing me off Angry

Rookie
    Here is what I would get:

-addaware:
    -Spybot:

-ZoneAlarm:

You can get the top 2 free from www.freedownloads.com

The second, you should be able to down load off either Kazza or limewire. or maybe even by.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I used this last time...........I don&#39;t know if it will help you or not but it helped me.....

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyc...ETSKY.Y&VSect=T

All League
    Thanks Guys Im running AVG as we speak and its already found 8 viruses..Dont know if thats good or bad...I know s**t about computers

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JOSH_EVANS_FAN@Sep 3 2004, 10:21 AM
    Here is what I would get:

-addaware:
    -Spybot:

-ZoneAlarm:

You can get the top 2 free from www.freedownloads.com

The second, you should be able to down load off either Kazza or limewire. or maybe even by.
    You can (and should) get the free version of ZoneAlarm at www.zonelabs.com. Don&#39;t screw with Kazaa or Limewire. You&#39;ll get MORE problems.

Banned
    Originally posted by Maxman@Sep 3 2004, 09:58 AM
    Click on start
    Click on run
    type in CMD
    at the C:&#092; prompt type in deltree *.*

That should speed things right up.

KIDS...Do not try this at home.
    what does this do? btw, i don&#39;t know what happened top my other post but.....i use norton anti-virus. had a virus last week that was smart enought o recognize the anti-virus program was running and would shut it down. had to go into safe mode and run the anti-virus program.

Rookie
    AVG is a great free antivirus. Go to www.zdnet.com and go to downloads.

Search for:

Spybot Search and Destroy
    Lavasoft Adware 6.0
    Spyware blaster

Download them all, get the updates and run them.

The spyware blaster is very good - it prevents spyware from being downloaded onto your computer.

Spybot S&D and Adware remove spyware already on your computer. I reccomend both, since they each "catch" different things.

Hope this helps

PS. They are all Free programs

Maxman
    Originally posted by neckdemon+Sep 3 2004, 11:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neckdemon @ Sep 3 2004, 11:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Sep 3 2004, 09:58 AM
    Click on start
    Click on run
    type in CMD

what does this do? btw, i don&#39;t know what happened top my other post but.....i use norton anti-virus. had a virus last week that was smart enought o recognize the anti-virus program was running and would shut it down. had to go into safe mode and run the anti-virus program. [/b][/quote]
    Well in case it wasn&#39;t obvious that was a joke. It would delete everything. Please do not do this.

TomShane
    Originally posted by Maxman+Sep 3 2004, 11:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Sep 3 2004, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by neckdemon@Sep 3 2004, 11:04 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman
    @Sep 3 2004, 09:58 AM
    Click on start
    Click on run
    type in CMD

what does this do? btw, i don&#39;t know what happened top my other post but.....i use norton anti-virus. had a virus last week that was smart enought o recognize the anti-virus program was running and would shut it down. had to go into safe mode and run the anti-virus program.
    Well in case it wasn&#39;t obvious that was a joke. It would delete everything. Please do not do this. [/b][/quote]
    MAX YOU BASTARD&#33;&#33;&#33; You owe me an "Olsen Twins Through the Years, Naked" Collage you jackass&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by TomShane@Sep 3 2004, 12:11 PM

MAX YOU BASTARD&#33;&#33;&#33; You owe me an "Olsen Twins Through the Years, Naked" you jackass&#33;
    Max would never give those up TS&#33;&#33; :lol:

All League
    Charter JI Member

Max - what the hell&#39;s wrong with you?

Neckdemon - F-bombs will get you deleted every time.

All League
    Originally posted by TomShane+Sep 3 2004, 11:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane &#064; Sep 3 2004, 11:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Maxman@Sep 3 2004, 11:07 AM
    Originally posted by neckdemon@Sep 3 2004, 11:04 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman
    @Sep 3 2004, 09:58 AM
    Click on start
    Click on run
    type in CMD

Well in case it wasn&#39;t obvious that was a joke. It would delete everything. Please do not do this.
    MAX YOU BASTARD&#33;&#33;&#33; You owe me an "Olsen Twins Through the Years, Naked" Collage you jackass&#33;[/b][/quote]
    Here you go:

All League
    Charter JI Member

Nice, Orangeman, but what about the fat one? :lol:

Banned
    You can get Internet Suite by Norton....Its awesome...

LL