Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Carlito's Way

Banned
    If you have AMC and you never saw this flick, starts in 2 minutes {12:00 Midnite, EST}

GREAT MOVIE!!

I highly tout this film

Banned
    It's a week before the season starts, and we're talkin about Carlito's Way.

Come on, Hammer, get crunK!

Banned
    Originally posted by The Troll@Sep 5 2004, 12:04 AM
    It's a week before the season starts, and we're talkin about Carlito's Way.

Come on, Hammer, get crunK!
    Troll, you gotta watch this movie ... didn't start yet ... starts at 12:15

Do yourself a favor, my friend ... AMC ... American Movie Classics

PS. GO JETS!!!!!!!!!& #33;!!!!!!!!!& #33;!!!!!!!!!& #33;!!!!!!

Banned
    BTW, this is one of Al Pacino's best flicks ... AP kicks @$$ in this role

Banned
    I would watch it, but I'm about to go to the club. My post was in jest, I love Al Pacino. Not much Jets news going on at midnight Eastern anyways!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Glenn: One of my all time favorites!! Got the video and I've probably seen it 25 times.

One of Pacino's best movies that never got a lot of promo.

Bennie Blanco from the Bronx!! (Sounds like a WFAN caller :lol: )

BTW: THe movie that just preceeded it, The Professional is a classic as well.

Banned
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Sep 4 2004, 11:02 PM
    If you have AMC and you never saw this flick, starts in 2 minutes {12:00 Midnite, EST}

GREAT MOVIE!!

I highly tout this film
    I own this DvD

Banned
    Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER@Sep 4 2004, 11:19 PM
    Glenn: One of my all time favorites!! Got the video and I've probably seen it 25 times.

BTW: THe movie that just preceeded it, The Professional is a classic as well.
    Both great movies.....i own both dvds.

Whenever i tell anyone that the little girl was Natalie Portman ,they say "no way".....great,great movie.

Gary Oldman is one of my all time favorites.

All League
    Its a classic

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Gotta also love Sean Penn as the shyster jewish lawyer. One of his best acting jobs.

All League
    What's the quote from this movie about that crazy drunk look? Goddamn I'm blanking right now. It's Carlito (Pacino) talking about Sean Penn's character.

Another favourite is Carlito playing pool and going "it's magic time" before running off a few shots.

Apologies if I have it wrong as it has been years since i saw this movie. But it is a classic. Sean Penn's finest piece of work, IMO.

Banned
    I absolutely love this movie!!! Its one of my fav's as well. You guys might think i'm wierd, but I actually was kinda sad an upset when I first watched the ending. It kinda touches me in a personel way.

Banned
    I bet if Tom Shane were here, he would also touch you in a personal way.

Banned
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Sep 4 2004, 11:49 PM
    I absolutely love this movie!!! Its one of my fav's as well. You guys might think i'm wierd, but I actually was kinda sad an upset when I first watched the ending. It kinda touches me in a personel way.
    There are a few movies that touch me like that,but they are all XXX features

Now that i think about it....it's me touching me :lol:

Banned
    Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER@Sep 5 2004, 12:19 AM

Bennie Blanco from the Bronx :lol:

Sean, we have the same sense of humor ... that part cracks me up too

And I agree ... it's a crime how little pub this movie got ... absolutely RIGHT THERE with Pacino's best films

Okay Sasso ... I mean, Ron

They gonna find you in the trunk of a car and say that's Ron ... used to be Sasso

PS. It's one of my all-time favorites too

Banned
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Sep 4 2004, 09:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Sep 4 2004, 09:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025@Sep 4 2004, 11:49 PM
    I absolutely love this movie&#33;&#33;&#33; Its one of my fav&#39;s as well. You guys might think i&#39;m wierd, but I actually was kinda sad an upset when I first watched the ending. It kinda touches me in a personel way.
    There are a few movies that touch me like that,but they are all XXX features

Now that i think about it....it&#39;s me touching me :lol: [/b][/quote]
    LOL.....that reminds me, I need to get over to limewire and DL some flicks..hehehe

Banned
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Sep 4 2004, 11:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Sep 4 2004, 11:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-THE_SOOTHSAYER@Sep 5 2004, 12:19 AM
    Glenn: One of my all time favorites&#33;&#33; Got the video and I&#39;ve probably seen it 25 times.

One of Pacino&#39;s best movies that never got a lot of promo.

Bennie Blanco from the Bronx&#33;&#33; (Sounds like a WFAN caller :lol: )
    Bennie Blanco from the Bronx :lol:

Sean, we have the same sense of humor ... that part cracks me up too

And I agree ... it&#39;s a crime how little pub this movie got ... absolutely RIGHT THERE with Pacino&#39;s best films

Okay Sasso ... I mean, Ron

They gonna find you in the trunk of a car and say that&#39;s Ron ... used to be Sasso

PS. It&#39;s one of my all-time favorites too [/b][/quote]
    "If you can&#39;t see the angles no more, you&#39;re in trouble"

"You think you&#39;re big time? You gonna die big time&#33;"

"I swore I&#39;d never break her heart, but you know, things happen."

Great movie.

Banned
    "addios counsler"

Banned
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Sep 5 2004, 12:03 AM
    "addios counsler"
    "OK. Yoa&#39; hona&#39;, wit all due respect, past and present and without further.. to do. Let me assure this coa&#39;t, dat I am through walkin&#39; on the wild side. Dat&#39;s all I&#39;ve been trying to tell you, have been sick, with the social ills known in the ghetto, but my time, in the sterling correctional facilities of Greenhaven an&#39; Sing-sing has not been in vain. I&#39;ve been cured. Born again, like the Wata&#39;gate-a&#39;s. I know you heard this rap befoa&#39;. Yoa&#39; hona&#39;, I mean it; this is the truth; I change. I change, and it didn&#39;t take no 30 yeea&#39;s like yoa&#39; hona&#39; thought, but only 5. That&#39;s right sir. Five years and look at me, completely rehabilitated, re-..invigorated, reassimilated, and finally gona&#39; be relocated and I wana&#39; thank a lotta people for that; I look over there and I see that man there Mr Norwall. I wana&#39; thank you sir, for making the tapes in an illegal fashion. I would like to thank, the coa&#39;t of appeals for reversing you, yoa&#39; hona&#39;, and I wana&#39; thank, almighty God without whom no case gets tossed."

Awesome movie. I don&#39;t know how this always falls under the radar when going over the Pacino movies, because it ranks right up there in terms of his performance. Great story about how the life just keeps dragging you back in no matter how you want to get away. This may also be Sean Penns best work as well as he is great in his role.