Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2004 NYJ

Banned
    Just curious to see what the peanut gallery thinks the weak link on the team is.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tom Shane..........

Banned
    D-rob, or Barret (if he starts a CB). Barret is good againsed the run, but after watching the pre season, he is not good at defending the pass. D-rob, welllllll......I will just let you read the other post on D-rob, rather than get into another debate on this thread.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

oooooooooops sorry smiz, you said team, I thought you said JI......... :lol:

Banned
    im gonna take some flack for this but......

Curtis Martin

I think because of his status and his accomplishments in the past he's going to get take away touches that Lamont should get

past performance is no indication of future results especially at this stage of his career

I hope im wrong though

All League
    Sam Cowart- way too slow, misses way too many tackles

All League
    Not one person...but punt return team...now that we have axed Smart and if Moss is not healthy, who do we have McClareins...i just feel we are a bit thin here.

A Becht...just an ok TE

Banned
    Originally posted by thechadzone10@Sep 5 2004, 12:09 AM
    Sam Cowart- way too slow, misses way too many tackles
    How does a man with 140 tackles miss too many?

How many should he have?

Im expecting to see the Old Sam Cowart on the field this yr.

Banned
    Paul Hackett.

I am confident with every single player we put on the field. The man in the booth, not so much.

Veteran
    Originally posted by The Troll@Sep 5 2004, 01:27 AM
    Paul Hackett.

I am confident with every single player we put on the field. The man in the booth, not so much.
    Harry Caray over here is right. Hackett really does scare me.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

...weakest link 1 ... paul hackett...

...weakest link 2 ... depth at ol & cb...

...gotta say i'm feeling real good about this team right now... come on sept 12...

l_j_r

TomShane

All League
    Dewayne Robertson

All Pro
    Toby Gowin, Wayne Chrebet (we need the Mr. 3rd down of old), Paul Hackett (one more friggin' draw play and I...), our secondary is still a little shaky :o

All Pro
    Paul Hackette.

I GUARANTEE if and when we finally get rid of this nitwit, he will not find another job in the NFL. He is the joke of the league. And this is a league of nitwits who scoop up something like Ted Cottrell when he becomes available.

Need proof? Watch the season an even older Vinny has this year with Dallas with much less talent around him than he had with the Jets.

Originally posted by dmaynard@Sep 5 2004, 07:59 AM
    Paul Hackette.

I GUARANTEE if and when we finally get rid of this nitwit, he will not find another job in the NFL. He is the joke of the league. And this is a league of nitwits who scoop up something like Ted Cottrell when he becomes available.

Need proof? Watch the season an even older Vinny has this year with Dallas with much less talent around him than he had with the Jets.
    I think Paul Hackette will find another job in the NFL. He is the best QB coach the NFL has right now....The problem is he is not a good Offensive Coordinator.

Hackette has no clue how to call a game based on the players on the field. He does know how to teach young QB's.

As for players I think the weekest link for the Jets is still the secondary. We must put enough pressure on the QB so that they can't stand back there and pick us apart.

Hall Of Fame
    HERMAN EDWARDS! Aka The Teflon HC! Come on everyone! If Hackett sucks, HERM is obligated to step in and correct the situation! He said he was going to be more involved in the OFFENSE so darn it, hold HERM responsible for a change!

Banned
    Originally posted by Kentucky Jet@Sep 5 2004, 07:17 AM
    HERMAN EDWARDS! Aka The Teflon HC! Come on everyone! If Hackett sucks, HERM is obligated to step in and correct the situation! He said he was going to be more involved in the OFFENSE so darn it, hold HERM responsible for a change!
    jeez. you haven't even let them play one regular season game yet before you accuse herm of NOT being invloved in opening up the offense. how can you convict a man of a crime he hasn't even commited yet?

Veteran
    Anthony Becht and Sam Cowart.