Thread: Eligibility for Practice Squad

Practice Squad
    Does anyone know the offical eligibility requirements for making the practse squad? I'm wondering if guys like Walters, Knish Harper would be eligible because they have NFL experience?

All League
    if you've been active (on a team's active 53 man roster) for 9 or more NFL games you're not eligible.

if you've been on a practice squad for 2 seasons your not eligible. it counts as a season if during any NFL season, you spend more than 2 weeks on a team's practice squad. i.e., if were on the practice squad for 3 weeks last year, and 3 weeks in 02, you're not eligible any more. however, if were on the practice squad for all 16 weeks last year, but none in 02, you are still eligible.

those are the requirements as i understand them.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by gaffneycatch@Sep 5 2004, 03:57 PM
    if you've been active (on a team's active 53 man roster) for 9 or more NFL games you're not eligible.

if you've been on a practice squad for 2 seasons your not eligible. it counts as a season if during any NFL season, you spend more than 2 weeks on a team's practice squad. i.e., if were on the practice squad for 3 weeks last year, and 3 weeks in 02, you're not eligible any more. however, if were on the practice squad for all 16 weeks last year, but none in 02, you are still eligible.

those are the requirements as i understand them.
    I think it's 45 man roster for the nine game requirement.