Thread: Charlie Weis

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don't know which is in higher priority for CW right now, trying to look like a genius or trying to win games.

This is the same "cuteness" that he acquired after the last Pats SB win. His play calling at times, leaves something to be desired, I will leave it at that.

Great effort by the. If I were a Pat fan, the main worry that I would have is Charlie trying to pad a resume and look good in doing it, while getting his quarterback killed by being over-cute. There were defensive lineman rolling up on his legs all night. Charlie needs to run Corey a little more, and stop allowing D-lineman to pin their ears.

What a fun game. Two heavyweights exchanging blows. The NE run defense even gives us a little glimmer of light .

One game though, and you cant take everything from it

Veteran
    I agree they somewhat neutralized Freeney but there were a lot of shots to be had at Brady. He needs to work on utilizing the talent he has which is now Dillon. The spread offense is nice and so is the no huddle but not the entire game. To me he is going to be a HC of a major college program. Just a hunch.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by 4HCrew@Sep 10 2004, 07:21 AM
    I agree they somewhat neutralized Freeney but there were a lot of shots to be had at Brady. He needs to work on utilizing the talent he has which is now Dillon. The spread offense is nice and so is the no huddle but not the entire game. To me he is going to be a HC of a major college program. Just a hunch.
    That spread offens, and I realize that they are not going to use it regularly, will get Brady killed at some point.

A well coordinated blitz, with some Jams at the line to slow up the WR's and Brady will get punched in the mouth.

Give him credit, he is as strong in the pocket as they come.

But why in God's name were the Colt CB's playing off and not disrupting those short timing routes at the line. You can jostle Branch and Givens, It is not like those guys are physical presences that will run you over

Originally posted by Scott Dierking@Sep 10 2004, 07:15 AM
    I don't know which is in higher priority for CW right now, trying to look like a genius or trying to win games.

This is the same "cuteness" that he acquired after the last Pats SB win. His play calling at times, leaves something to be desired, I will leave it at that.

Great effort by the. If I were a Pat fan, the main worry that I would have is Charlie trying to pad a resume and look good in doing it, while getting his quarterback killed by being over-cute. There were defensive lineman rolling up on his legs all night. Charlie needs to run Corey a little more, and stop allowing D-lineman to pin their ears.

What a fun game. Two heavyweights exchanging blows. The NE run defense even gives us a little glimmer of light .

Well you guys had Charlie as OC, as great an innovative as he is, sometimes he just tries to get to cute and just calls a good play at the wrong time. He did this type of stuff since he came on board, he just has a few plays every game were you scratch your head. Sometimes a decent play just called at the right time, sometimes its WTF is he thinking.

I agree we finally have a running game, use some play action, start with a tight formation, and spread out the TEs and go from a power run formation to a 4WR single back, but its only one game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFan1+Sep 10 2004, 07:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFan1 @ Sep 10 2004, 07:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott Dierking@Sep 10 2004, 07:15 AM
    I don&#39;t know which is in higher priority for CW right now, trying to look like a genius or trying to win games.

Well you guys had Charlie as OC, as great an innovative as he is, sometimes he just tries to get to cute and just calls a good play at the wrong time. He did this type of stuff since he came on board, he just has a few plays every game were you scratch your head. Sometimes a decent play just called at the right time, sometimes its WTF is he thinking. [/b][/quote]
    Hey, every OC will do that a few times a game, heck we have our own problems with that

I just remeber 2 years ago when the Pats were PASS< PASS< PASS and totally ignored Smith, who carried them to teh first SB.

In the Northeast, you have to ride that running game and develop that rhythm. It is not something you bottle and call up at a whim.

Again, it is only one game, and maybe I am making too much of it. But it just appears that CW is sayin-Look how brilliant I can be. That, when I think he has the horses to just punch someone in the mouth and end it

Originally posted by Scott Dierking@Sep 10 2004, 07:29 AM

Again, it is only one game, and maybe I am making too much of it. But it just appears that CW is sayin-Look how brilliant I can be. That, when I think he has the horses to just punch someone in the mouth and end it
    I agree, but again its not new or else I would be worried about him showboating.

Originally posted by PatsFan1+Sep 10 2004, 07:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFan1 @ Sep 10 2004, 07:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott Dierking@Sep 10 2004, 07:29 AM

I agree, but again its not new or else I would be worried about him showboating. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll take CW&#39;s showboating ANY day over "draw play on third and long" Hacket Angry

All Pro
    Originally posted by verdegirl+Sep 10 2004, 06:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (verdegirl @ Sep 10 2004, 06:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PatsFan1@Sep 10 2004, 07:31 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Scott Dierking
    @Sep 10 2004, 07:29 AM

I agree, but again its not new or else I would be worried about him showboating.
    I&#39;ll take CW&#39;s showboating ANY day over "draw play on third and long" Hacket Angry [/b][/quote]
    True enough.