Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yom Kippur apologies for Pats posters

Veteran
    I personally wish to atone for all of the horrible things I've thought in the last year about the Patriots, their coaching staff, their front office, their training staff, their entire fan base, and most especially every motherf----ing Pat fan who posts on this board solely for the purpose of busting our chops. I truly offer my apologies.

And to all my Jewish bretheren out there, Happy New Year and GO JETS!!!!

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Well I meant it all and I'm not sorry. Happy New Year to our Jewish Jets fans.

All League
    Originally posted by regen@Sep 24 2004, 04:57 PM
    I personally wish to atone for all of the horrible things I've thought in the last year about the Patriots, their coaching staff, their front office, their training staff, their entire fan base, and most especially every motherf----ing Pat fan who posts on this board solely for the purpose of busting our chops. I truly offer my apologies.

And to all my Jewish bretheren out there, Happy New Year and GO JETS!!!!
    L'Shana Tova regen....have an easy fast...

Veteran
    wow

i am jewish, im fasting, im going to shul . . . . but i am NOT apologizing for the pats

L'Shana Tova to all observing, have a safe, happy, and healthy new year with tons of jet wins

and thank you to shawn green for staying strong to the religion in the time when everyone was giving him sh*t

Veteran
    Chad- I think Green shouldn't play tonight either. He isn't supposed to be observant, but it's nice to set a good example. I'll be in synagogue digesting my very large meal.

All League
    Originally posted by regen@Sep 24 2004, 05:04 PM
    Chad- I think Green shouldn't play tonight either. He isn't supposed to be observant, but it's nice to set a good example. I'll be in synagogue digesting my very large meal.
    i agree with both of you. I am serving brisket, potato kugel, matzo ball soup...etc... what are you all eating?

Veteran
    Originally posted by regen@Sep 24 2004, 04:04 PM
    agreed regen

BUT a lot of people were giving his crap since the team is in the hunt for the wild card and he publicly said that he will not play saturday and he is sorry to all those who disagree wit him . . . very nice. BTW, i was going to be securtiy in shul tonight (super trooopers style) but i believe my family is having a late dinner and i might be out . . . very upset.

I'll break my fast tomorrow nite with a dinner of PORK RIBS, A HAM SANDWICH & MILK!!

Veteran
    Originally posted by Baddniss@Sep 24 2004, 04:10 PM
    I'll break my fast tomorrow nite with a dinner of PORK RIBS, A HAM SANDWICH & MILK!!
    thanks for the inspiration

Veteran
    Green Girl- We just eat casual on the meal before the fast. I think my kids want Mexican food. Tomorrow we'll have a full spread at my house from Russ & Daughters- bagels, bialys, four kinds of smoked fish, a whole whitefish, rugelah, chocolate babka, the works. We have about thirty people over, a lot of kids. Nice way to break the fast, and it's relaxed this year since it isn't a school night.

Chad- You're a good man for doing what you're doing. And my agent is a huge Dodgers fan, has season tix, and he said everyone he's talked to in LA is happy Green is sitting it out. It was the right thing to do for Sandy Koufax and Hank Greenberg, right?

I'm not orthodox. Go ask Baumer or JonE, maybe they are.

REGEN...You're right, Sandy did the same thing & sat out a PLAYOFF game I think.

Veteran
    Badniss- It was actually Game 1 of the World Series. They started Don Drysdale and he got shelled. When Walter Alston came to the mound to get him out of the game, Drysdale supposedly said "I bet you wish I was the Jew now."

All League
    Originally posted by regen@Sep 24 2004, 05:14 PM
    Green Girl- We just eat casual on the meal before the fast. I think my kids want Mexican food. Tomorrow we'll have a full spread at my house from Russ & Daughters- bagels, bialys, four kinds of smoked fish, a whole whitefish, rugelah, chocolate babka, the works. We have about thirty people over, a lot of kids. Nice way to break the fast, and it's relaxed this year since it isn't a school night.

tomorrow we do a dairy break fast also with good friends. i actually would rather it be school...we 'd be in shul anyway. my daughter is bummed that this is taking one day of her weekend up. i raised such an observant girl.... :lol: have a sweet new year.

Practice Squad
    Yea....I can't go to the Gators game tomorrow. I'm pissed at this stupid hurricane since they moved the game to 11:30 am. It was supposed to be at 6, and I was going to go after sundown.....but now.....nothing. Damn hurricane

Banned
    pats fans do not deserve an apology, but whatever, if you want to, go ahead..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Baddniss@Sep 24 2004, 05:10 PM
    LMAO...Fried Shrimp tonight

Banned
    I'm Having brisket and a Knish. MMM, I love Knishes...they used to sell them from hot dog carts...now you can buy them at the supermarket...

LL

All League
    Originally posted by latinlawyer@Sep 24 2004, 05:35 PM
    I'm Having brisket and a Knish. MMM, I love Knishes...they used to sell them from hot dog carts...now you can buy them at the supermarket...

LL
    in brooklyn it was Ruby the knish man..sold them from a beaten up metal cart..

http://www.angelfire.com/co/cascole/ruby.html

Veteran
    Originally posted by regen@Sep 24 2004, 04:18 PM
    Badniss- It was actually Game 1 of the World Series. They started Don Drysdale and he got shelled. When Walter Alston came to the mound to get him out of the game, Drysdale supposedly said "I bet you wish I was the Jew now."
    yes, world series a true jewish role model to me . . .along with ron jeremy