Hall Of Fame
    per espn 1640 : chiefs will trade;
    larry johnson to the dolphins for arturo freeman & a 2006 3rd rd draft pick

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by kelly@Sep 27 2004, 08:00 PM
    Interesting....Trade makes sense....KC needs dbs.... If this is true and being the Fish are desperate and 0-3 Larry Johnson i would think could see some time on sunday...Especially with Gordon being hurt..

Hall Of Fame
    another pick for another player???

des-per-rate

lmao

this guy wont see the field sunday if they pull it off and he will be another bust

Banned
    Originally posted by kelly@Sep 27 2004, 08:00 PM
    :lol:

Freeman is a good safety ... I'm ecstatic he's gone

Johnson is a bust ... AND YOU CAN SAY THAT ABOUT A RB EARLY ON

Granted, he's been behind Preist Holmes ... but unlike Jordan, he's stunk even when he has been given an opportunity to spell Holmes on occasion

And lastly, at this rate the Dolphins will be sitting on their hands during the draft for the next two or three years ... they are hemmoraging draft picks like the world is coming to an end ... they are absolutely assuring themselves of an EXTENDED STAY in the cellar ... at this rate of trading draft picks, this team will not escape ROCK BOTTOM for years

PS. When Chuck Noll first became HC for the Steelers {who stunk prior to his arrival} he said the organization was a joke for a darn good reason ... cause they didn't have the first clue about building a winner

He's chief complaint?

Noll said the organization became addicted to trading draft picks for players other teams were all to eager to unload

Noll said he even bought into that philosphy the first year, but quickly learned that other teams know their players far better than we did ... no matter how many scouts tell you different, no one knows a players strengths and weaknesses better than his own team ... said he made a few trades {picks for players} and got burnt, then quickly learned ... OKAY, SO THIS IS HOW IT WORKS?????

Said the first step to building a winner was the day the Steelers, as an organization, decided NO MORE PICKS for OTHERS TEAMS UNWANTED PLAYERS

Noll insisted it was THAT DECISION more than anything else that turned the Steelers around, cause prior to that they became addicted to dealing PICKS for PLAYERS {and players other teams seemed all to eager to trade}

This is what Miami is doing right now ... they've been doing it for two years ... they are employing the Steelers failed startegy from their PRE DYNASTY YEARS, when they were the laughing stock of the NFL

I repeat ... I have seen nothing from Larry Johnson to indicate he is anything but a colossal bust ... AND YOU CAN MAKE THAT EVALUATION WITH RB's EARLY ON

And for this they surrendered a very good safety and a 3rd RD Pick {on top of the slew of other picks they have already traded}

I LOVE THIS TRADE ... I love all the trades Miami has made in recent years ... AS A JET FAN

Hall Of Fame
    additionally i'm guessing gordan is hurt???

Banned
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Sep 27 2004, 07:22 PM
    additionally i'm guessing gordan is hurt???
    hes doubtful next week for the jets

so they're trading for Johnson when they'll have their other RB back in just two weeks :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

yeah, keep trading those draft picks for under achieving cancers in the locker room... i like the direction this fanchise is heading in (and it aint up&#33

Banned
    Last point ... the one thing Miami could depend on in recent years has been a strong defense

They have since traded Ogunleye and now Freeman ... and both of their DT's are down with injuries

This {Freeman} may seem like no big deal, but I'm predicting right now that this move just made the Dolphins defense a little more vulnerable ... and it will show on the field

Oh yeah, and I also see Johnson bringing nothing special to the table ... JAG AT BEST and BUST AT WORST

All Pro
    If this "bust" gets a 3rd AND Freeman, what do we get for Lamont?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

These trades are being made because The Fish front office and coaching staff is desperate. They don't care about tommorow or the future of the team, They are trying to save their jobs.

While they are at it, Pickup the phone and call Tampa. See if they will take a 3rd round pick in 2108 for Keenan McCardell. Give Denny Green a call, give him your 2209 2nd round pick for L.J. Shelton.

All League
    Originally posted by kelly@Sep 27 2004, 07:00 PM
    ESPN TV reports something entirely different. Larry Johnson to Tampa Bay for Kennan McCardell. Any guess as to what ESPN the Magazine is reporting?

Banned
    the cheifs would be better off with McCardell

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by rajensen088+Sep 27 2004, 11:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rajensen088 @ Sep 27 2004, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kelly@Sep 27 2004, 07:00 PM
    ESPN TV reports something entirely different. Larry Johnson to Tampa Bay for Kennan McCardell. Any guess as to what ESPN the Magazine is reporting? [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s an awesome trade for KC. Their WR&#39;s stink and are banged up. Keenan instantly becomes their #1 guy and helps Gonzalez and Holmes. That would be a nice fit if they can pull it off.

All League
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan+Sep 27 2004, 07:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YoungJetsFan @ Sep 27 2004, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by rajensen088@Sep 27 2004, 11:34 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-kelly
    @Sep 27 2004, 07:00 PM

ESPN TV reports something entirely different. Larry Johnson to Tampa Bay for Kennan McCardell. Any guess as to what ESPN the Magazine is reporting?
    That&#39;s an awesome trade for KC. Their WR&#39;s stink and are banged up. Keenan instantly becomes their #1 guy and helps Gonzalez and Holmes. That would be a nice fit if they can pull it off. [/b][/quote]
    This trade makes more sense.

Hall Of Fame
    i was kind of hoping that k mccardell would rot for 2 years

Veteran
    first of all why is LJ a bust :blink: also for the record its not true its a rumor started by the Miami Herald (or so ive read)

Banned
    Originally posted by dickkotite@Sep 27 2004, 07:39 PM
    i was kind of hoping that k mccardell would rot for 2 years
    I was kind of hoping Wanny would rot for 2 years

turns out, its 3 years B)

Practice Squad
    So...has any of this been confirmed or what. Johnson to Miami Johnson to KC...hell why dont we try Johnson to Arizona

Banned
    Originally posted by Riggins44+Sep 27 2004, 08:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Riggins44 @ Sep 27 2004, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-YoungJetsFan@Sep 27 2004, 07:34 PM
    These trades are being made because The Fish front office and coaching staff is desperate. They don&#39;t care about tommorow or the future of the team, They are trying to save their jobs.

Excellent point YJF. Why are the Dolphins doing this in a seemingly lost season? You&#39;d think they&#39;d step back a little and try to regroup in order to move foward in the future (holdin their picks).

The only excuse they have, may be L.J youth. He&#39;s still real young, but does it matter with Miami&#39;s sorry ass O-line?

Lets not forget, their strength is defense, but most of their D-stars are over 30 right now. Forget about addressing the offense, that defense could fall apart soon :lol:

Reality check: The Fins should be adding draft picks, not trading them at this point [/b][/quote]
    Guys, I responded to this question in another LJ thread a bit earlier

You fellas hit the nail on the head

I pretty much said the same thing .....

I know it seems like there&#39;s no rhyme or reason to the long-term suicide in which this team is currently engaged, but there&#39;s actually a very simple explanation

Wanny & Speilman could give a rats @&#036;&#036; less about the long-term ramifications

These cats are fighting for their jobs ... why should they care about how this effects the organization down the road when they won&#39;t even be there if they don&#39;t win enough games NOW to save their jobs?

These guys are not thinking about next year or the next few years ... they&#39;re thinking about TODAY ... saving their jobs TODAY ... and tomorrow they&#39;ll be thinking the same thing

That&#39;s why every organization needs a smart owner who knows something about football ... either that, or the owner must have a trusted advisor who can protect him from situations like this by giving him the lowdown ... situations where the GM & HC are hangin on by a thread, thus are more apt to make moves that can devistate the organization long term, in an effort to save their jobs

Practice Squad
    I think the problem in KC between Larry Johnson and Vermeil is just a personality conflict.He is a good runner but he clashes with Vermeil&#39;s style.Just because he is being traded or is in the doghouse(ala LaMont Jordan)doesn&#39;t mean he isn&#39;t talented.

I remember when Parcells traded Hugh Douglas to Philly for a measley 3rd round pick.It wasn&#39;t because Hugh sucked or was a bust,it was because he had a personality conflict with Parcells.I see the same type of situation occurring here.Johnson is a better back than Blalock.This is just Vermeil&#39;s way of punishing Larry Johnson for some perceived transgression&#33;&#33; :o