Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather have had Miami win?

Waterboy
    I am scared silly about this Sundays game. All the ingredients are there for the upset. Desparate 0-3 team. A 2-0 team that has not played all that well. Intense rivalry. Strong Miami defense.

I would much rather have had Miami win this past Sunday. They would not have been as desparate as they will be on Sunday. This will be it for them if they lose, so I see them throwing everything to the wind. If we escape this then 5-0 is very likely.

All League
    Yes. I would have rather Miami win and get that chip off their shoulder.

Guess they will have to wait another two weeks for that to happen.

BZ

Rookie
    i WAS PRAYING FOR THEM TO BEAT THE STEELERS

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JOJOTOWNSELL@Sep 28 2004, 12:20 PM
    i WAS PRAYING FOR THEM TO BEAT THE STEELERS
    Hell No! Root for the fins 3 weeks into the season? WTF?

You want the division crown -- YOU ALWAYS ROOT AGAINST A TEAM IN YOUR DIVISION.

Unless it's the Pats in game 16 two years ago.

Rookie
    I just dont like the idea of my undefeated team playing their winless arch rivals. Sometimes you gotta lose a battle to win the war.

Tell me this game doesnt scare you more that they are winless!?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

HELL NO.....0-16 I SAY

If Bowens doesn''t play and Mawae does, whether at center or guard, CuMart has another big day and the Jets control the ball..I am always nervous about the Dolphin games but this year is our chance to kick them when they are down and I think the vets on the Jets, along with the younger players just learning of the rivalry, will be up to the task and take care of business in a convincing manner...

I HOPE

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

yes.

All League
    Originally posted by isired@Sep 28 2004, 01:42 PM
    yes.
    OMG!!! We agree!!!!

Long live the king!

All hail!

(ok, back to the stadium)

BZ

All League
    Charter JI Member

If Miami stays winless until they play the Patsies, I'll root for them that day.

Otherwise, they can't lose enough to suit me.

All Pro
    Originally posted by bmac@Sep 28 2004, 12:19 PM
    I am scared silly about this Sundays game. All the ingredients are there for the upset. Desparate 0-3 team. A 2-0 team that has not played all that well. Intense rivalry. Strong Miami defense.

I would much rather have had Miami win this past Sunday. They would not have been as desparate as they will be on Sunday. This will be it for them if they lose, so I see them throwing everything to the wind. If we escape this then 5-0 is very likely.
    Has not played all that well? We have played very well!!!

Rookie
    I have to agree with Bob. I will only root for the Phins over the Patsies. They can go 2-14 as far as I am concerned.

Practice Squad
    Never. I would never want to see a divisional rival win a game, unless it provided a positive result for us (see NE, 2 yrs ago).

Stop being so paranoid about Miami. If we lose to them, then we will probably deserve to lose! It wont be because they will be a hungrier team at 0-3 vs 1-2.

If you want the Jets to have a killer instinct, then we, the fans, better adopt a similar attitude!

Hall Of Fame
    these guys are NOT desperat they are defeated

desperate teams are itching to win, this team is depressed and deflated already

Rookie
    I am glad the Phins dint win. Winning this past weekend may have given them some confidence. Let sleeping dogs lie. The Dolphins are a mess. I am sure they will be pumped to play the Jets, its just that their offense is terrible. . I look for a good game because I respect Miami's defense, but I cant see their O doing much of anything.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Sep 28 2004, 01:07 PM
    If Miami stays winless until they play the Patsies, I'll root for them that day.

Otherwise, they can't lose enough to suit me.
    Ditto...They don't stop the season, or playing the games if you aren't playing well. We've had to deal with the same issues they are going through right now. There's no sympathy, or 'Someone please feel sorry for us' nonsense as far as they are concerned in my mind. This is their year to suck, and they have to deal with it. I hope we beat the snot out of them to the tune of 44-3 or better. Wah, the poor Dolphins...NOT !! Angry

Banned
    How can you root for an intra divisional rival? The ONLY time I would root for the Fins would be for them to:

1) Knock out the Pats

2) Knock out a AFC rival competing for a Wildcard that we want

LL

F The Fins. They are a desperate team with NO OFFENSE. We will win.

All League
    I would never root for the Dolphins in any situation except if they were playing the Patriots or Bills and the situations helps us. A true Jets fan would never root for Miami against a team not named the Pats or Bills.

If we aren't good enough to beat an 0-3 team in as bad shape as the Miami Dolphins, then we don't deserve to be a playoff team.

All League
    I didnt care what happened, the Jets will win

Doesn't matter if they are 1-2, 0-3, or even 3-0

Banned
    I want the Dolphins to lose every single game they play, aside from when the play the Patriots, where I can't tell who I hate more until around the third quarter. Some of the crap I've been reading on here is ridiculous. People are "scared" of the Dolphins? The same Dolphins that have scored 23 points in three games? The same Dolphins whose "top" defense just lost in back-to-back weeks to rookie quarterbacks? The same Dolphins who don't 100 yards rushing in three games combined?

No division game can be taken lightly, I don't care if the Dolphins are 0-15 traveling to the 15-0 Jets, but no one should be scared of this team. The Dolphins are the bottom-feeder of the league. Herm is 2-1 in his career coming off the bye week, and we have won the last two. He's going to have this team prepared. We ain't hotsh*t just yet. We've won two games, period. No one is looking past the Dolphins in our third game of the season. Just relax, watch the game, and have faith in this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I want the FINS 2-14 with their 2 wins comming against the PATSY`S to help us win the division