26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abe

17 65.38%
  • Ellis

3 11.54%
  • McKenzie

6 23.08%

Thread: Can we tag one of our FA'S?

I would have to say Abe when pressed. I think his talent would be difficult to replace even though he hasn't done anything thus far.

All Pro
    McKenzie. Hopefully we sign 2 of the 3 and tag whoever doesn't sign.

Banned
    Sign Abe and tag K-Mac ... assuming K-Mac will be scaled according to RT's and not OT's as a whole {i.e. LT's included}?

That's a question for flowtrain

The TOP 5 salries of DE's is far greater than the TOP 5 salaries of RT's

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

How about waiting till the season is over? They are all in uniform in 2004 and thats where the focus is....if Abe stays healthy give him the franchise tag.....AFTER THE SEASON.

All League
    Sign Abe, tag McKenzie

But if all 3 are not signed, tag Abe

Ellis is the lowest priority imo, and we shouldn't overpay for him. He's good against the run, alright. But he doesn't have game changing ability like Abe or protecting our franchise QB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Sep 29 2004, 09:24 PM

How about waiting till the season is over? They are all in uniform in 2004 and thats where the focus is....if Abe stays healthy give him the franchise tag.....AFTER THE SEASON.

I agree, why blow money now on a guy who may blow out his knee this season?

Hall Of Fame

Abe looks like the most likely candidate for the Franchise tag though...as good as Ellis is, Mkenzie would be a more important signing.

Bitter
    Originally posted by Denver Jet Fan@Sep 29 2004, 09:33 PM
    I agree, why blow money now on a guy who may blow out his knee this season?
    That's not real good logic there. What's the difference between doing that or say resigning him in the offseason and having him blow his knee out then? :unsure:

Undrafted Free Agent
    You&#39;re not banking anythng until after his current contract is done. I think they should have waited until after the season to resign Pennington. If he gets hurt this season, while still under contract, a lot of up front money has been wasted. Sure a guy may get hurt in the off season, but the risk is far greater during the season than during the off season. Unless, of course, you play for the Bulls and ride motorcycles. <_<

Hall Of Fame

sorry to disagree but signing Pennington before the season was a no brainer....it would have been done at seasons end regardless but if you can lock in your franchise asap, you HAVE to do it.

Rookie
    has to be Abe, he&#39;s the only one who should get that kind of money of that group and would be the most difficult to resign otherwise, at least we&#39;d receive top compensation if we lost him

Undrafted Free Agent
    I see your point. But in this day of parity, when Dilfer can win a Super Bowl, donít commit your money before you have to.

Rookie
    Waiting to sign Chad till the off season, that is ridiculous not only because you leave yourself open to the possibility of losing him or having to over pay but also because in this particular situation you have 3 other key free agents including a few more impact fa&#39;s all needing to be resigned. The more there are the more we&#39;re at risk of losing. Also not to forget who we have to reup for next year.