Thread: Kellen Winslow loses $10 million?

Banned
    occording to ESPN, rumor has it Winslow will lose 10 million dollars from his 40 million contract due to his week 2 injury

i mean, yeah, as long as he's healthy for one full year, he's set for life

but DAMN, losing your season AND 10 million bucks at the same time, thats gotta hurt

All League
    Karma.....Baby......Karma

All League
    blame the agents

I feel bad for the Browns fans

the one thing they could look forward to, not anymore

Practice Squad
    It stinks for him and browns fans. Hopefully he will have a quick recovery.

Veteran
    Originally posted by FlaJet023@Oct 1 2004, 06:27 PM
    how is that karma??? he was poised to be the best TE since maybe his father. if your reffering to the soldier comment grow up. <_< but however if your reffering to the Postons then maybe.... :unsure:

i hope K2 comes back next year and is 100%

Veteran
    Originally posted by sandz+Oct 1 2004, 06:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sandz @ Oct 1 2004, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FlaJet023@Oct 1 2004, 06:27 PM
    how is that karma??? he was poised to be the best TE since maybe his father. if your reffering to the soldier comment grow up. <_< but however if your reffering to the Postons then maybe.... :unsure:

i hope K2 comes back next year and is 100% [/b][/quote]
    I hope he recovers quickly too. No matter what you think of him personally, the guy has lots of talent and will no doubt be a star in the league if he can overcome the injury. I am dissappointed because I wanted to see him play.

All League
    Originally posted by sandz+Oct 1 2004, 06:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sandz @ Oct 1 2004, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FlaJet023@Oct 1 2004, 06:27 PM

Oh no doubt...he definitley has all the tools to be the best TE in the league but he comes off as a huge a**hole....I just wish he&#39;d shut up and play the game(Shockey too)...he never took a step in the NFL and he was criticizing his teammates...I know alot of people said he was just trying to fire his team up but theres a right way and a wrong way to do that...espically for a rookie ...I wish him a quick recovery, and would like to see him emerge as a star in this league but on the other hand I hope he shuts his mouth

Waterboy
    God sent him a message,"Shut the F&#39; up.

Veteran
    Winslow is a pr*ck... he didnt deserve the injury, but i dont feel bad for him. He signed the contract and should have known what he was getting into.

He plays hard, but he&#39;s no f*cking soldier.

You mean to tell me his Dad was a former Charger TE and he had a agent plus an attorney and no one put a waiver in case of injury to guarantee the bonus money. :lol: That soldier will be throwing grenades after he hears how he got screwed.

Banned
    Originally posted by sandz+Oct 1 2004, 06:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sandz &#064; Oct 1 2004, 06:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FlaJet023@Oct 1 2004, 06:27 PM

him calling out the Redskins and saying he&#39;d make them "pay" for not drafting him and choosing Sean Taylor instead

him turning down that original contract offer, which was also to make him the richest tight end in NFL history (Despite being a rookie)

and ofcourse, the unforgettable soldier remark

Rookie
    10.582 million to be exact, with thte ability to recover a portionof it, but with a definite loss of &#036;5.7 million. His contract is still worth around &#036;30m even if he looses the 10.582

i dont feel bad for him at all...he&#39;s the pass catchign only te thats a soldier and needed to be the highest payed te in the league before playing a down so he got the contract structure based on his hold out and his claims...he just happened to get hurt...im not happy to see him hurt but i really dont feel bad for him...

Hall Of Fame
    The guy is a 100%, certified grade A A**HOLE..........I am so sick and tired of seeing him on TV running his mouth. This has gotten to the point, the second I see him on TV I change the channel. He may think he&#39;s Kellen Winslow because he has his name, but he hasn&#39;t done s**t to earn the name. Personally I think he had it coming to him. He obviously spent a lot of time thinking his s**t didn&#39;t stink to become such an ego-maniac. He will eventually (if he hasn&#39;t already) become a cancer to his team.

He is a great talent. However, he comes with just as great problems, mouth, and chips on his shoulders. I wouldn&#39;t ever want him on my team. I think the Browns will regret having drafted him in the long run.