Thread: 17-9 Jets for all those who had no faith

Rookie
    See paranoia post and tete-a-tete with GREENGAL. Despite a shaky, ugly game, we came out on top. SO maybe next week we can rally behind our boys instead of posting a million "Why we might lose" posts. EAT IT PHINS. FISH FRYIN' SHO IS GOOD!

All League
    our offense was a joke

Hall Of Fame
    I am totally disappointed in the Jets performance. The defense looked good, but what did anyone expect against the Dolphins? The offense was god awful after the first quarter.

I am happy they got the win. However, this does not give the Jets the kind of confidence needed to go into New England and beat the Patsies..........

Rookie
    Originally posted by Matt39@Oct 3 2004, 05:16 PM
    our offense was a joke
    But I will take the win. A win is a win, and allt hat matters in the end. We will be sharper next week. Perhaps Pennington was still on a bye week. Oh well. WE STILL WON. EAT THAT J. TAYLOR. J-E-T-S- JETS JETS JETS!

We played about as bad a offensive second half as you possibly could.

We played our worst game of the year offensively and defensively.

But ya know what?

We are 3-0!

Take it one week at a time, and we are a playoff team.

We have too many holes left to be talking about the division.

Hall Of Fame
    If they play this way next week against the Bills, we will have our first loss of the season................

All League
    Originally posted by No1JetFan@Oct 3 2004, 07:13 PM
    See paranoia post and tete-a-tete with GREENGAL. Despite a shaky, ugly game, we came out on top. SO maybe next week we can rally behind our boys instead of posting a million "Why we might lose" posts. EAT IT PHINS. FISH FRYIN' SHO IS GOOD!
    Hey.. No1...my frenzy was on it was a nail-biter ...yes we won..i never said that we were going to lose.. but i thought it would be hard...and it was.... but you are right a win is a win.....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I chewed a whole can of Skoal during the game.

Practice Squad
    Screw all that. We beat a great defensive team today and are 3 - 0. Nothing more to be said, except, we will kill the Bills next week. They showed me nothing today.

One game at a time. I love being 3-0, where were we at this time last year?

Rookie
    Originally posted by the Vinman@Oct 3 2004, 05:23 PM
    Screw all that. We beat a great defensive team today and are 3 - 0. Nothing more to be said, except, we will kill the Bills next week. They showed me nothing today.
    THAT is the truth!

Veteran
    Originally posted by the Vinman@Oct 3 2004, 06:23 PM
    Here here Vinman....thats what I say. I believe everyone thinks we were supposed to go in there and just smoke the Fins. They were the top in least points allowed. I didnt think we would go out there and put up crazy numbers. It was a claw down, get dirty and win kinda game and thats what we did. The offense was off, but I think they will bounce back. What I appreciate is that we didnt rollover and lose. We fought and that D did what J Abe said they wanted to do. Which was give us a chance to win in those low scoring games. where we could win 17- whatever. 3-0 Baby!!!

Rookie
    Originally posted by jets28+Oct 3 2004, 05:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jets28 @ Oct 3 2004, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the Vinman@Oct 3 2004, 06:23 PM
    Here here Vinman....thats what I say. I believe everyone thinks we were supposed to go in there and just smoke the Fins. They were the top in least points allowed. I didnt think we would go out there and put up crazy numbers. It was a claw down, get dirty and win kinda game and thats what we did. The offense was off, but I think they will bounce back. What I appreciate is that we didnt rollover and lose. We fought and that D did what J Abe said they wanted to do. Which was give us a chance to win in those low scoring games. where we could win 17- whatever. 3-0 Baby&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    BTW, our offese wasn&#39;t great today, but at least we scored a TD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Mainejet@Oct 3 2004, 06:20 PM
    If they play this way next week against the Bills, we will have our first loss of the season................
    Look, there isn&#39;t that much difference between Leonard and Travis Henry.

9 letters.

And Bledsoe? He&#39;s ok, but he&#39;s no Feidler. :lol:

Practice Squad
    The whole piont is that we won and in the end that is all what matters.

Rookie
    If the Fins wer 0-8 I still would not count them out to lose against the biggest rivalry team in the division.When the Jets were with a losing record and was playing the Phins I would not count the Jets out.Thank god that the Jets D is well conditioned to keep coming out after the OFFENSE went 3 and out 5 times. I think the Jets learned a lot from this game and it is over with a big W in the win column.Keep going Jets and Hackett change your Offens plays soon..

Veteran
    A win is a win. Yes, the offense didn&#39;t look good, but hey, curtis ran for over 100 against the dolphins. I think I picked the final score to be 17-9 Jets with 3 Mare FGs. The spread was 5.5, and the Jets even covered that. They are 3-0, and I am very happy&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I wasn&#39;t paranoid last week. I WAS RIGHT 1 MILLION PERCENT.

I said that the game would be low scoring....CHECK

I said that The Jets offense would struggle against The league&#39;s #1 ranked pass defense......CHECK

I said that when you play Miami, You get involved in an ugly game with field position and turnovers as the key........CHECK

Never once, did I state that The Jets would lose. In every post, I wrote that The Jets-Dolphins game was going to be tough and close...... and I was right. I felt that The Jets should win but it wouldn&#39;t be easy.

Rookie
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 3 2004, 09:56 PM
    I wasn&#39;t paranoid last week. I WAS RIGHT 1 MILLION PERCENT.

I said that the game would be low scoring....CHECK

I said that The Jets offense would struggle against The league&#39;s #1 ranked pass defense......CHECK

I said that when you play Miami, You get involved in an ugly game with field position and turnovers as the key........CHECK

Never once, did I state that The Jets would lose. In every post, I wrote that The Jets-Dolphins game was going to be tough and close...... and I was right. I felt that The Jets should win but it wouldn&#39;t be easy.
    I see. But, not that close in the end at 17-9. 8 point spread is decent. It wasn&#39;t a 3-3 or 9-3 or 7-3 game.
    I just want to see more glass half fullisms around here.

All Pro
    yes our offense was not impressive today and our "D" saved us - lets hope that Chad sees what he did wrong and corrects it...

The special teams, KO, KR, Punts, Punt returns & 53 yard Fg was solid - numerouse turnovers and sacks even better - so our offense was able to play a less than par game -