Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COTCHERY?

Undrafted Free Agent
    just read on the miami herald that jerricho cotchery was inactive for yesterday's game..you guys think he is regressing in practices??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by pajetman@Oct 4 2004, 03:49 PM
    just read on the miami herald that jerricho cotchery was inactive for yesterday's game..you guys think he is regressing in practices??
    He got caught talking to Lamont..Now he's in Herms Doghouse too..

Undrafted Free Agent
    cotcherys name has not been called once!

does hackett know there is a middle of the field?

i know we are 3-0 but im PISSED.
    the passing offense looks terrible.

BAD HACKETT! BAD!

I do not see how Hackett has any relation to Cotchery being on the field.

If Cotchery were on the field, and didnt get the ball I could see where your coming from.

But Cotchery not being on the field directly falls on Herm. Not that its a bad decision, Cotchery might not be ready yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

But Wayne had a nice 48 yard day

Cotch will play down the road...for now..I'll take Wayne!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    fine.

MOSS?
    McCareins?
    CARTER?

hacketts play calling is abysmal. our offense is a predicateble mess.

we are a precarious 3-0.

Veteran
    Originally posted by WestSideProject@Oct 4 2004, 04:00 PM
    fine.

MOSS?
    McCareins?
    CARTER?

hacketts play calling is abysmal. our offense is a predicateble mess.

we are a precarious 3-0.
    I'll take precarious 4-0 and precarious 5-0 and precarious 6-0.....etc., thanks

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Most of the rookie offensive players were looking like the equipment managers on the sidelines yesterday. A 53 man roster, only 45 get to dress.

Undrafted Free Agent
    GO JETS!

Veteran
    I was wondering the same. Guess Hackett knew ahead of time he wasn't going to throw the ball to any WRs.

Rookie
    It's sure starting to look like it does not matter who the WR's are. Hackett wants to go with the no wide out offense. Hackett will give the ball to Curtis 90% of the time and Sowell will get it the other 10%.

All League
    Originally posted by WestSideProject@Oct 4 2004, 02:56 PM
    cotcherys name has not been called once!

does hackett know there is a middle of the field?

i know we are 3-0 but im PISSED.
    the passing offense looks terrible.

BAD HACKETT! BAD!
    Geez, the Jets are 3-0

Chad had a weak game today, as good teams do, the "D" stepped up.

Cherbet is playing well and deserves to be on the field.

Cotchery will get his turn in the very near future. Hell people, we are 3-0 for only the 3rd time in franchise history.

ENJOY IT

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Is anyone else disturbed by Sowell being split out as a WR? They even threw to him, too. Where's this McCariens fellow I've been hearing about? Moss was very quiet even in front of his peeps. All I can say is thank God for Chrebet.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by LAJET@Oct 4 2004, 03:13 PM
    I was wondering the same. Guess Hackett knew ahead of time he wasn't going to throw the ball to any WRs.
    The WR's weren't thrown to yesterday because they weren't open. As bad as Miami is they still have two of the best corners in the league and they have consistently shut down the Jets passing attack.

I can't blame Hackett for yesterdays offensive showing, not after putting 65 points on the board in the first two games.

One thing I've noticed in the games Chad has played in is that he does a whole lot better against teams that run more zone then man to man.

As for Cotchery not playing, well you can probably place blame on Hackett for that, I'm sure the offensive players on the active roster is a decision Herm looks to his coordinators on.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by IndianaJet@Oct 4 2004, 06:33 PM
    One thing I've noticed in the games Chad has played in is that he does a whole lot better against teams that run more zone then man to man.
    good observation. chad cant throw against man to man coverage which is where a good QB makes his money.

oh well, hopefully none of our next 13 + opponents pick up on that too.

+ the cotchery comment was independent of my hackett angst. I was wondering where he and all our other WRs were...or is throwing to the WRs 3x not hacketts fault either?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by savage69+Oct 4 2004, 02:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (savage69 @ Oct 4 2004, 02:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pajetman@Oct 4 2004, 03:49 PM
    just read on the miami herald that jerricho cotchery was inactive for yesterday&#39;s game..you guys think he is regressing in practices??
    He got caught talking to Lamont..Now he&#39;s in Herms Doghouse too.. [/b][/quote]
    Lets just hope Jordans fumble-ites and crap-arse attitude don&#39;t begin to rub off on on other players, like young inpressionable Cotchery. Lord knows, one whiny second-string second-rate talent offensive player is enough, right Sav?

That kind of influence will help you get in ANY coaches doghouse.....

Hall Of Fame
    The Hackett bashing is ridiculous.

Get a clue people.

All Pro
    Its kind of funny that folks are complaining about our 5th WR not dressing for the game, when its still early in the season and everyone is healthy. 8 guys on the 53 man roster DON&#39;T dress each Sunday. I posted in preseason that this would probably be like Jerricho&#39;s redshirt year, where he can practice and learn from Chrebet while he&#39;s still around, and then next year he can step in as the slot reciever.

As for not throwing to the WRs, I think its pretty simple. They were all covered. Whether its that the Dolphins DBs being pretty good or our guys not getting open, they were covered. I&#39;d rather Hackett call the game he did than to force passes where they&#39;re going to get picked off.

A win&#39;s a win. They&#39;ve most definately got some things to work on in practice this week, but they&#39;re 3-0.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Warfish+Oct 4 2004, 08:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Warfish @ Oct 4 2004, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by savage69@Oct 4 2004, 02:50 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-pajetman
    @Oct 4 2004, 03:49 PM
    just read on the miami herald that jerricho cotchery was inactive for yesterday&#39;s game..you guys think he is regressing in practices??

He got caught talking to Lamont..Now he&#39;s in Herms Doghouse too..
    Lets just hope Jordans fumble-ites and crap-arse attitude don&#39;t begin to rub off on on other players, like young inpressionable Cotchery. Lord knows, one whiny second-string second-rate talent offensive player is enough, right Sav?

That kind of influence will help you get in ANY coaches doghouse..... [/b][/quote]

...err-hhemmm Angry ...

jordan is not in any doghouse anymore ... curtis is too important to us in a close game that is why lamont hasn&#39;t gotten the touches at rb. he should not be returning kicks, but that is herms way of trying to get him involved. when we finally have a laugher you will see lamont at rb ... curious when and what the last whiny thing you heard was ... is it that wrong to want to do something to help your team ???

l_j_r