Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No excuses...

All Pro
    Can we please admit that Paul Hackett is the worst thing to happen to the NY Jets!!
    I mean please, lets wake the f up here. Come on Herman say something for once.
    Now if the Patriots would have forced all those turnovers would the Offense have collapsed 5 consecutive drives?!! After the Hobson Int and the Barton INT it was three and out for this Hackett west coast s**t that ruins every other game. Yes we won, but lets face it the Dolphins Offense is a joke. Im proud of the Defense for playing with energy and aggressiveness but if im on the defense im excited that Pennington and Co. will score some points ESPECIALLY in favorable field position, instead im sitting on the bench watching inept play calls. The WR screen play must be erased from the playbook. I dont care if we get deep into the playoffs............Hackett must GO!!!! Not to get 3 points.... 3 f***** POINTS!!! We couldnt get more than 2 first downs on each of those turnovers we forced in the second half. ITS DISGUSTING!!!! THE PLAYCALLING after the Defense creates a turnover should be sick. We should turn into serial killers throw 2 bombs downfield.
    I dont want to hear we had to play safe, we had the lead to protect...that applies when the other team PUNTS not when the Defense gets the ball for you!

Im so Angry. Go ahead ask me...would I have rather Chad throw interceptions on those possesions?..... I say YES, HELL YES. WE PUNTED ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!!
    STOP DEFENDING PAUL HACKETT JUST BECAUSE WE SCORE 30+ points vs the Chargers and Bengals... STOP IT!!!! And is it me or is Fabini the only O Lineman who gives up sacks??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Actually, Kareem McKenzie gave up the sack to Jason Taylor yesterday, when Taylor lined up at Left Defensive End.

Fabini has been a solid player for The Jets for a long time. He's very underappreciated.

Veteran
    I agree 100%..Knowing how pathetic the maimi offense is Hacket should of gone for the throat!!!

DJR44

Yea Hackett decides what the Offense is going to do in General! Hackett is the Head Coach!

Guys I think it is quite apparent what the Jets gameplan was yesterday...

HS41
    You KNOW you are not alone with this opinion. You'll get shizzle for it 'cause the Jets are 3-0, but you are DEFINITELY not alone.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hackett just does nothing for me..Im not down on the Jets like many on this board, im very proud to be 3-0 but i agree HACKETT must go..

Banned
    I've always viewed Hackett as our biggest detriment to winning a championship

Ocassionally he calls a good game, and when he does I give him credit for it, but I have always viewed Hackett as the one man who will make it darn near impossible for this team to go the distance when they have the horses to do so

In short, and it pains me to say this, I don't believe you can win a championship with Paul Hackett as your OC

So long as he's around, when the rubber meets the road you'll have to win a championship in spite of Paul Hackett

while hackett definitely sucks, i think it's time to come to terms with the fact that herm is about as conservative of a coach as there is. you could tell from his comments about henderson's aggressive d. the man plays not to lose. right now it's working i just hope it doesn't catch up to him at some point.

Veteran
    When you play not to lose against GOOD teams you will lose..the play calling was horrendous yesterday and gave me flash backs to last year. There is no reason with all of the talent the Jets have that all the Jets can do is dink and dunk. Disgraceful

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

we won the damn game...we are 3-0 and all you see is people complaining about something!!!

The Jets went in the game and played conservative ball against a damn good defense....the Jetys knew that the Defense was going to win this game and they did. I have NO problem with the Jets gameplan yesterday. All you see is hackett this and hackett that.....maybe some of you need to be reminded that we played against a very good Miami defense.

We are 3-0 and preparing for Buffalo who will be without Troy Vincent-Lawyer Milloy and one of their O linemen. The Patriots sacked Bledsoe 7 times yesterday.....7 times!! The Jets will be teeing off vs Bledsoe.

All League
    The jets have the talent to be a 1 or 2 seed in the AFC. But Hackett is good for 2 brainfart games every year. There's a reason he gets sent packing everywhere he's been. And so far this year, what's the point of acquiring Mccareins or paying Moss serious bucks when you don't use them? The Dolphins are a good defense with good corners. But to not even bother to throw deep to keep defenses back
    and guessing is a dangerous joke. And DCs watching the Jets offense at work will pick up their playcalls in a heartbeat. Being this predictable will cost them. There's zero guesswork-run blitz Martin and make a show of playing up the WRS while cheating the safeties up and bring the linebackers closer and clsoer all game. The Jets will be facing 9 guys up until they show they can and will stretch the field.

How frustrated are Moss and Mccareins now?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Do Moss and J Mac look frustrated????? The team is 3-0 and the offense is yet to click.

Maybe it would be better if we were 0-3

we got a huge win vs a hated divisional rival and all you see is complaining :blink:

Waterboy
    We were 2-0 against an offence we knew couldnt touch us, so why bother letting them hurt us with there defence forcing turnovers. Hackett made the right call, play it safe, let our defence win the game, and thats what they did. If Chad had thrown an Interception trying to go deep when the lead was 10-9 at one point, it would have been chad's fault right?

In no way am I prasing Hacketts Mastermind :blink: but he made the righ call on sunday, lets hope when we play the teams where our offence has to show up, it does

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by HitSomeone41@Oct 4 2004, 05:54 PM
    Yes we won, but lets face it the Dolphins Offense is a joke.
    I thought the Miami Defense was on the field when our offense was playing

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by HitSomeone41@Oct 4 2004, 05:54 PM
    Can we please admit that Paul Hackett is the worst thing to happen to the NY Jets!!
    I mean please, lets wake the f up here. Come on Herman say something for once.
    Now if the Patriots would have forced all those turnovers would the Offense have collapsed 5 consecutive drives?!! After the Hobson Int and the Barton INT it was three and out for this Hackett west coast s**t that ruins every other game. Yes we won, but lets face it the Dolphins Offense is a joke. Im proud of the Defense for playing with energy and aggressiveness but if im on the defense im excited that Pennington and Co. will score some points ESPECIALLY in favorable field position, instead im sitting on the bench watching inept play calls. The WR screen play must be erased from the playbook. I dont care if we get deep into the playoffs............Hackett must GO!!!! Not to get 3 points.... 3 f***** POINTS!!! We couldnt get more than 2 first downs on each of those turnovers we forced in the second half. ITS DISGUSTING!!!! THE PLAYCALLING after the Defense creates a turnover should be sick. We should turn into serial killers throw 2 bombs downfield.
    I dont want to hear we had to play safe, we had the lead to protect...that applies when the other team PUNTS not when the Defense gets the ball for you!

Im so Angry. Go ahead ask me...would I have rather Chad throw interceptions on those possesions?..... I say YES, HELL YES. WE PUNTED ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!!
    STOP DEFENDING PAUL HACKETT JUST BECAUSE WE SCORE 30+ points vs the Chargers and Bengals... STOP IT!!!! And is it me or is Fabini the only O Lineman who gives up sacks??
    Ummm, the receivers were not getting open. The Dolphins have a GREAT defense. All due respect, but your post demonstrates a lack of knowledge.

Veteran
    Soon enough Sooth has to implement a hackett bashing forum, because reading through the same garbage is like the 100 consecutive topics about acquiring john lynch.. Hackett isn't the best offensive coordinator.. but he's not the worst, because we're 3-0.. and Curtis Martin has the most yards per game, and 2nd overall , after playing 3 games, to tiki's 4. If our recievers could get open, or not drop passes, then we'd have a passing game. This is the first time in awhile we've opened up strong and all there is , is complaining. At least when we're losing we are optimistic. But now it's like we're 1-15 again.

Get over Hackett. He's a Jet.

All Pro
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Oct 4 2004, 07:21 PM

Do Moss and J Mac look frustrated????? The team is 3-0 and the offense is yet to click.

Maybe it would be better if we were 0-3

we got a huge win vs a hated divisional rival and all you see is complaining :blink:
    IM GONNA SAY IT ONE LAST TIME.............

NO ONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE 3-0 RECORD...........ITS ABOUT HACKETT AND HOW WE WILL NEVER WIN A SUBERBOWL WITH HIM CALLING PLAYS.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THOSE GREAT CHIEF TEAMS OF THE 90's? THEYD GO 11-5 EVERY YEAR AND LOSE..WHY?

PAUL HACKETT!!! WAKE UP JETS FREAK!! THIS ISNT ABOUT OUR RECORD.its about atrocious playcalling. WE CAUSED TURNOVER AFTER TURNOVER AND WE DIDNT EVEN GET 3 POINTS out of it!!!!!!!!!&#3 3;

YES WE WON. IM HAPPY......IM CONCERNED ABOUT HACKETT.

All Pro
    Ummm, the receivers were not getting open. The Dolphins have a GREAT defense. All due respect, but your post demonstrates a lack of knowledge.

You stubborn bastards....
    Lets win the rest of our games with this dink and dunk s**t...If our receivers cant get open , we are in big trouble.........thank god for a soft schedule because our recievers cant get open not one time in the 2nd half. That Miami defense is so "GREAT" AND that entire secondary must run sub 4 in the 40 yard dash because our WRs couldnt get open at all. As far as im concerned an NFL WR gets paid to get open........maybe our WRs arent that good. Its not Hackett, its our WRs. Too bad we cant fire them.

please...... dont ever let me read a post from you stating how HACKETT played not to win.

Veteran
    I don't think Hackett deserves all the s**t he gets here but after watching KC last night I'm starting to reconsider. Baltimore's DB's (their whole D) is on a par with Miami. KC has crappy WR's. Yet their game plan opened up the whole field and allowed them to use all their weapons. It was creative and imaginative. Two words you will never see in the same sentance as the word Hackett.

All League
    Paul Hacket is in a lose / lose situation.

If he opened it up and made Chad throw it deep time and again on Sunday and he had two more interceptions, Jets fans would be calling for his head.

If he played a conservative, close to the chest game against a dangerous Miami defense, he is called too conservative and holding back our team.

Even at 3-0 with a very productive offense that is second only to Indy in pts per game, he is still being called out.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=3

Amazing.

BZ