Thread: Football

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

I watched the Jets/Dolphins game agai last night and yes the offense struggled and the defense carried the team but C Mart still had over 100 yards and the game really was never in doubt. In the first two games the offense kinda lead the way while the defense found itself. I see how critical many people are with the offensive performance....it was one offensive striuggle in three games and yet we still rushed for over 100 yards. People are dissecting and breaking down every single play and now they are saying we won't beat the Pats in week six and we still have two games before we even play them!!!

Look around the league:

The Giants who were supposed to suck are 3-1

The Redskins who many said would win the NFC East are 1-3 (so much for the Great Joe Gibbs-Clinton Portis-Sean Taylor)

The packers are 1-3 and lost to the Giants.

The Cardinals beat the crap out of the Saints.

The Chargers (who we beat) beat the crap out of the Titans.

The Texans (who the Chargers beat) won their second game in a row and are 2-2.

The Panthers are 1-3.

The falcons who have a weak offense are 4-0.

What I'm saying is that the Jets are 3-0 and people need to realize that the offense has yet to jell. We are seeing how the defense have evolved (and will still get better). It's ok to be critical but this was the first offensive struggle in three games.
    The Jets will put up at least 21 points on the Bills defense which is not as strong as the Dolphins.

we have a nice team here.......look around the league.

All Pro
    I think that some of us have forgotten this was a 6-10 team last year. Let's keep our expecttions in line.

We are 3-0.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Oct 5 2004, 08:18 AM

I watched the Jets/Dolphins game agai last night and yes the offense struggled and the defense carried the team but C Mart still had over 100 yards and the game really was never in doubt. In the first two games the offense kinda lead the way while the defense found itself. I see how critical many people are with the offensive performance....it was one offensive striuggle in three games and yet we still rushed for over 100 yards. People are dissecting and breaking down every single play and now they are saying we won't beat the Pats in week six and we still have two games before we even play them!!!

Look around the league:

The Giants who were supposed to suck are 3-1

The Redskins who many said would win the NFC East are 1-3 (so much for the Great Joe Gibbs-Clinton Portis-Sean Taylor)

The packers are 1-3 and lost to the Giants.

The Cardinals beat the crap out of the Saints.

The Chargers (who we beat) beat the crap out of the Titans.

The Texans (who the Chargers beat) won their second game in a row and are 2-2.

The Panthers are 1-3.

The falcons who have a weak offense are 4-0.

What I'm saying is that the Jets are 3-0 and people need to realize that the offense has yet to jell. We are seeing how the defense have evolved (and will still get better). It's ok to be critical but this was the first offensive struggle in three games.
    The Jets will put up at least 21 points on the Bills defense which is not as strong as the Dolphins.

we have a nice team here.......look around the league.
    You really think the Bills defense is worse than the Dolphins? I don't see it that way. I see quite similar defenses. I see a Bills defense that could very easily reproduce the same game plan the Dolphins used against us. However, the Bills defens the rush very well. I don't think Curtis will be much of a factor next Sunday.

honestly though, what makes you confident the Bills defense is worse than the Dolphins? I would love to know. I must be missing something?? I don't see any huge injuries that could affect the Bills ability to defend us the way they are accustomed.

Hall Of Fame

I did not say the Bills defense is WORSE then the Dolphins......both defenses are very good but the Dolphins defenss is still BETTER then the Bills who will be without Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent in the secondary. I watched the Bills game and the secondary was torched by Brady and Corey Dillon ran well against them.

Miami's secondary is much better than the Bills and thats confirmed with the loss of Vincent. CMart always runs well vs the Bills.

Before every game people tend to give constant accolades to out foes and maybe the Jets should get a little more props.

The Jets will defeat the Bills on sunday.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jetdawgg@Oct 5 2004, 09:22 AM
    I think that some of us have forgotten this was a 6-10 team last year. Let's keep our expecttions in line.

We are 3-0.
    excellent point...when u are 6-10 and the next year u start 3-0 nobody better say crap.....3-0 is all that matters and as the season goes along we will get better in all areas and that could be scary....

Hall Of Fame
    Brady had almost 300 yards passing vs the Bills secondary.

everyone is harping on how good the Bills defense is.....what about the Jets defense vs the Bills offense???

The Bills defesne were supposed to be world beaters last year and we put 31 points up inthe frst game and lost a close game in the second game.

Like the Dolphins this is a team we play twice a year and we usually have much success again the Bills...that will continue this week.

All Pro
    the Bills secondary is hurting a bit. Hopefully, Chad gets his touch back and can move the chains, which will loosen up the Bills for Curtis in the 2nd half. The Bills offense is better than the Fish's, but it still is not a strong one. If we get 20+, we should win.

All League
    Unless Chad can start connecting to the WR's more, the Bills may have success at limiting the receptions from the dumpoffs to the RB's, who have close to 50% of the receptions so far this season.

Brady successfully spread the ball around while getting blitzed 42 out of 64 snaps. If the Jets OL can keep Chad upright, the Jets should win going away, but the one thing Bledsoe can do is go deep.

Can the Jets stop the big plays? Again, if they do, it's not even a contest - Jets win.