Thread: Dolphin players react to Ricky's comeback

Banned
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1896530

B)

In the days following Williams' retirement, center Seth McKinney called it selfish and stupid. Williams in turn disparaged McKinney's blocking. Williams said players had no respect for Wannstedt, and even poked fun at the coach's mustache. Defensive tackle Larry Chester said Williams was acting like a bitter girlfriend and owed the team an apology.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

If I were a Miami player, I'd rather take an 0-16 season than have that guy back on the team. He's a disgrace to football.

TomShane
    Seriously, if you're a Dolphin, how the hell could you even consider taking that freak back after he quit on you, knowing that he's coming back strictly for the cash. Even with him they'll win maybe 3-4 games. Why bother?

All Pro
    That man cannot be allowed back in the locker room if you're the Dolphins.

Suspend him indefinitely for the season, then trade his ass.

I'm sure Al Davis or Snyder will pay out their asses for him

All League
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Oct 7 2004, 12:29 AM
    I'm sure Al Davis or Snyder will pay out their asses for him
    Uhh, considering the Redskins just ponied up huge amounts of $$$ for Portis, I dont think so.

Even if he isnt a good fit for the type of running Gibbs likes.

All Pro
    he would be perfect for oakland, running behind that massive line he would repeat 2003 for sure. And he is just what oakland needs. I am starting to think that Davis gets him for a third.

All League
    No no no.

Ricky stated yesterday he & Lenny would be starting the MFL.

Ricky said an each teams designated huddle would consist of a marijuana bong.

Of course, Ricky also stated there was no time limit for each play…Huddle time could be indefinitely.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Buzzsaw@Oct 6 2004, 09:58 PM
    If I were a Miami player, I'd rather take an 0-16 season than have that guy back on the team. He's a disgrace to football.
    I couldn't agree more............He went out of his way to screw the Dolphins. He could have picked a lot of different times to retire, instead he chose just before training camp. Basically, handcuffing the Dolphins from getting any of the decent free agent running backs that would have been available had he retired much earlier.

The guy is so selfish and a damn druggie, that when he knew he was going to get suspended for violating the drug policy, he just retired. Without any regard for his teammates.

I used to think when it was earlier in his career, that he was a hard-working, polite, nice kid that was well worth the amount of money the Dolphins were paying him.

How could I have been so wrong?

All League
    Originally posted by Mainejet@Oct 7 2004, 06:28 AM
    I used to think when it was earlier in his career, that he was a hard-working, polite, nice kid that was well worth the amount of money the Dolphins were paying him.

How could I have been so wrong?
    This guy had so many phobias in college; he & Sybil had their own private pep rallies.

Practice Squad
    Very complicated offensive schemes in the MFL: Shotgun, high formation, or spliff backs

Banned
    Originally posted by Icer+Oct 7 2004, 01:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Icer @ Oct 7 2004, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Gun Of Bavaria@Oct 7 2004, 12:29 AM
    I&#39;m sure Al Davis or Snyder will pay out their asses for him
    Uhh, considering the Redskins just ponied up huge amounts of &#036;&#036;&#036; for Portis, I dont think so.

Even if he isnt a good fit for the type of running Gibbs likes. [/b][/quote]
    this year, Portis is the 2003 Tiki Barber, maybe even worse

and this year, Tiki Barber is the 2003 Portis :blink: