Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: KEN CAMINITI DEAD FROM HEART ATTACK

All Pro
    ESPN Reports that former MLB player Ken Caminiti has died from an apparent heart attack.

Steroids are a wonderful drug

Ex-MVP Caminiti dies of heart attack at 41
    / Associated Press
    Posted: 2 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - Ken Caminiti, the 1996 National League MVP who later admitted using steroids during his major league career, died Sunday. He was 41.

Caminiti died of a heart attack in the Bronx, said his agent-lawyer Rick Licht. The city medical examiner's office said an autopsy would be performed Monday, spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said.

Crap thats terrible.

RIP

All Pro
    Caminiti was 41 years old.

Ya the article showed up now. Thats really sad

All League
    Thats terrible . All week all i was hearing how this guy is a huge coke addict too.

All League
    WHAT A SHAME.........BESIDES ALL THE STERIODS HE DID, HE WAS A BIG COKE HEAD. HE WAS IN A HALFWAY HOUSE THIS SUMMER IN HOUSTON, TX. HE WAS ROOMATES THERE WITH DEXTER MANLEY. (NO KIDDING)

TomShane
    In related news...Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi go on a crash diet, each losing 50 lbs. in the course of a week.

All Pro

Cocaine's a hell of a drug

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

waaaaaaaaaaaay too young to go but you can't put that crap in you!!!

He was a fine ball player.

Banned
    I never understood why guys would do steroids ... I still don't

I mean, I understand the temptation on the part of professional athletes ... bigger numbers means bigger checks ... but I never understood why some weightlifting dopes from the neighborhood would do steroids

To look better?

Who gives a $hit ... just look normal and you can get chicks

To look tougher?

If you're tough you don't need to look tough ... and if you're not, just be a nice guy and stop perpertrating a fraud

Anyway, this is really sad news about Caminitti ... it's always tragic when someone dies so young ... I send my prayers out to his family

RIP Ken

All League
    I met Caminiti in spring training the year after he won the MVP award (the year his steroid use was most prominent). He seemed to be a very nice guy. He deserves to be acknowledged for making everyone more aware of steroids in sports, and for being a guy who made a terrible mistake that cost him his life.

All League
    So what do you think it was - the steroids, the coke, both?

Banned
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Oct 11 2004, 01:09 AM
    I met Caminiti in spring training the year after he won the MVP award (the year his steroid use was most prominent). He seemed to be a very nice guy.

He deserves to be acknowledged for making everyone more aware of steroids in sports, and for being a guy who made a terrible mistake that cost him his life.
    AMEN

Maybe is courage to go public saves some kids from the same fate ... especially in lite of his premature death

RIP Ken

Maxman
    Originally posted by jpoppy7@Oct 11 2004, 01:21 AM
    He hasn't done roids in years.

He has done coke by his own admission as recent as last month.

This guy died because of cocaine.

TomShane
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 11 2004, 12:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 11 2004, 12:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsfan80@Oct 11 2004, 01:09 AM
    I met Caminiti in spring training the year after he won the MVP award (the year his steroid use was most prominent). He seemed to be a very nice guy.

He deserves to be acknowledged for making everyone more aware of steroids in sports, and for being a guy who made a terrible mistake that cost him his life.
    AMEN

Maybe is courage to go public saves some kids from the same fate ... especially in lite of his premature death

RIP Ken [/b][/quote]
    Given the option:

Live until 76 y/o pumping gas and living in poverty

-or-

Live until 41, be NL MVP, make millions, score countless tail,

I might opt for the Caminiti Plan as well.

Banned
    Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 11 2004, 12:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman &#064; Oct 11 2004, 12:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jpoppy7@Oct 11 2004, 01:21 AM
    He hasn&#39;t done roids in years.

He has done coke by his own admission as recent as last month.

This guy died because of cocaine. [/b][/quote]
    steroids take a long term toll on your health, especially your heart

just because someone smoked for 10 years doesnt mean they died from lung cancer 15 years later because of something else

All Pro
    Originally posted by TomShane+Oct 11 2004, 12:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane @ Oct 11 2004, 12:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 11 2004, 12:33 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsfan80
    @Oct 11 2004, 01:09 AM

AMEN

RIP Ken
    Given the option:

Live until 76 y/o pumping gas and living in poverty

-or-

Live until 41, be NL MVP, make millions, score countless tail,

I might opt for the Caminiti Plan as well. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol:

Rookie
    I knew people would blame steroids for this....friggin media <_<

Please mention that the guy abused cocaine for years.

STEROIDS KILL PEOPLE <------------------ The biggest media propaganda of alltime.

All League
    This is another sad example of person living and abusing their body with money gained from athletics and wasting their life away. Sad to hear someone dying so young-

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

What a waste of life, I just saw SUPERMAN CHRISTOPHER REEVES died today also after slipping into a coma..