View Poll Results: No question avaiable to import.

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Running Game

15 35.71%
  • Passing Game

7 16.67%
  • Defense

19 45.24%
  • Special Teams

1 2.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key to beating the Patriots

Please post on the key to beating the Pats this Sunday.I believe in order to win we're going to have to beat them running the ball.I know it sounds lame but I believe(I can't believe I'm agreeing with Hackett :lol: )the key is ball control.Keep Brady off the field and give N.E.'s Defense large doses of Curtis and Lamont carrying the ball.Our defense isn't to the point yet where we can shut Brady down.The Pats can put up 35pts the key is keep them off the field.We need a big day from our RB's

We need to run the ball against them. Look at the Colts/Patriots game in week 1. They ran the ball very well and this kept that game really tight. Furthermore, its a proven fact through 5 game that our Defense is better than the Colts D. THe main problem I fear right now is Chad and the recievers. Recently, chad hasn&#39;t been throwing to recievers enough and teams (especially NE) will pickup on this and stack 8 in the box to take away our run and pass in the flats game. What we need to do is open up a whole new gameplan and come out taking shots downfield. All the while, our run game picks us up our first downs. When its 2 and <3 dont just hand it off hackett, play action deep&#33;

All Pro
    I think the key to this game will be the turnover battle. The team that takes care of the ball should win.

We match up well with the Pats and have played tight games with them throughout the Bellichick/Herm era. I mean, we threw five picks in December and lost by a single score.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

I agree....it will also help if our hurt O linemen are on the field as well as Santana Moss....either Moore or Kendall on the field would be a big help.

Brady will get hisyardage passing the ball......the secondary was burned and it&#39;s almost hard to believe that a receiver has still not had 100 yards receiving vs this secondary.

They showed up in the second half though.

I feel we will be able to run the ball vs the Pats but we need our O Line to give Chad time...the Patriots defense can be passed on...the Seahawks dropped like 100 passes yesterday.......like I said last week, the Seahawks leads the league in dropped passes.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

NO TURNOVERS.

PRODUCE IN THE RED ZONE.(EASIER SAID THAN DONE)

CONTROL THE CLOCK.

That&#39;s how you can have a chance to beat The Pats. I&#39;ll have a full detailed scouting report and keys to that game. Everything, I&#39;ve stated about The Pats has been 100 percent accurate in terms of how to attack them.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 18 2004, 11:44 AM

I&#39;ll have a full detailed scouting report and keys to that game.
    Well hurry up damn it..........

pretty simple to me....score more points than them <_<

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I went with defense.........keep them at 3 and out..........

All Pro
    I went with Special Teams.

While the kicking and punting are in capable hands, the Patriots get virtually nothing in the reutrn game. With Troy out, the have gotten turnovers or minimal gains in punt returns. I think Faulk returned a punt 10 yards on Sunday and that is probably a team high. Bethel is not running as well as he did last year where his quickness was so effective. He has Antowain disease. He runs tentatively.

The coverage teams have been victimized this year, although Sunday they did a pretty decent job as they welcomed back Cherry and another new pick-up Abdullah had some nice tackles.

If the Jets return teaams can victimize the Patriots and win this battle decesively they could win the game easily.

Veteran
    Get passed the first quarter,calm down,play your game and let the good times
    roll.

Veteran
    Originally posted by D-BYRD@Oct 18 2004, 11:51 AM
    Get passed the first quarter,calm down,play your game and let the good times
    roll.
    OOPS...I meant PAST.....not passed :blink:

All Pro
    I think we have to keep our defense playing hard and strong.

The real key, howver, is to play with heart, and to never stop fighting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 18 2004, 10:44 AM

PRODUCE IN THE RED ZONE.(EASIER SAID THAN DONE)

This will be a battle of epic proportions.

PennyBoy is very effcient in the RZ and the Pats D has been nothing short of outstanding in the RZ this year.

Something has to give this week.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Pesonally, I feel the key to the Jesticles beating the Pats this weekend, is to have someone planted on the inside of the Pat&#39;s organization, poison the Pats pregame meal....

Other than that, you guys haven&#39;t got a prayer.... :lol:

All Pro
    Originally posted by New England Hick@Oct 18 2004, 11:56 AM
    Pesonally, I feel the key to the Jesticles beating the Pats this weekend, is to have someone planted on the inside of the Pat&#39;s organization, poison the Pats pregame meal....

Other than that, you guys haven&#39;t got a prayer.... :lol:
    That can be arranged.

You haven&#39;t heard of too many Massachussetts mob killings have you?

Hall Of Fame
    Defensive Line in my opinion. The Pats have a good defense and the Jets are hurting a bit on the O-line so I don&#39;t see the Jets scoring a ton of points.

On defense everything starts up front, they need to get a great effort from all 4 guys. Abraham had a great game against Frisco but we need Ellis to step up his play. If the Jets can limit the running of Dillon and whack Brady a few times they have a chance. If the D-line plays poorly the play action pass will be there and the secondary will be exposed.

All League
    Turnovers

Make sure we dont have them, and force the Patriots to have a couple. That could mean a lot.

Both D&#39;s are succeptible to the other&#39;s opposing Offense, I think Turnovers will be a big fact in deciding who wins.

Veteran
    Jets will win ;

Martin runs for +100 yards

no turnovers

JETS WILL WIN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Rookie
    protect the ball play smart and take whatever they give.Sure take a few shots but make sure we play to our strengths.I actully chose DEFENCE.Stuff the run and but brady under pressure I want his head on a swivle not looking down field but where and who is going to get him.Create turnovers and shorten the field.

DEFENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

All League
    The Key is hiding Cindy&#39;s Gerbils&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;