Thread: Jets Offensive line

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

How good is our offensive line?

We have gone up against some really good defenses and we are one of the least sacked teams...chad has only thrown 2 interceptions in 7 games next to 8 touchdowns.

Where was Jason taylor last night? He was invisisble.

This has tobe one of the best lines in the league.

You rush for 275 yards vs the 4th ranked defense in the league makes it a pretty good argument.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    they are very good - by position, depth-wise - the signing of Kendall changed this unit from a middle of the pack group to one of the league's best. they are mobile, Mawae is a monster... Depth has been excellent and they have gutted through injuries (Fabini especially is having a good year). K Mac in a contract year... yeah this is a great line and fans should enjoy it.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

This OFFENSIVE LINE should be named AFC player of the week...we need to keep this group together

Veteran
    This offensive line has been doing a great job, and pennington should thank God he is protected by them. The next two games will show me alot about how good they realy are.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Nov 2 2004, 10:59 AM

I was waiting for somebody to mention this and I'm surprised it took so long.

All the talk has been about Martin and Jordan and hardly a peep about your OLine.

Their performance last night, and also all during the season so far, has been outstanding.

I hated the day the Jets signed Kendall and Mawae is by far the best pulling center in the NFL.

You guys can look elsewhere, but the reason the Jets are sitting at 6-1 is because of the play of your Oline and Dline.

You are not going to lose many ballgames if you control the game in the trenches.

Banned
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Nov 2 2004, 01:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Nov 2 2004, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfreak@Nov 2 2004, 10:59 AM

I was waiting for somebody to mention this and I&#39;m surprised it took so long.

All the talk has been about Martin and Jordan and hardly a peep about your OLine.

Their performance last night, and also all during the season so far, has been outstanding.

I hated the day the Jets signed Kendall and Mawae is by far the best pulling center in the NFL.

You guys can look elsewhere, but the reason the Jets are sitting at 6-1 is because of the play of your Oline and Dline.

You are not going to lose many ballgames if you control the game in the trenches. [/b][/quote]
    I thought it was the schedule TX????

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Hey PatsfanTx we also happen to have 4 decent linebackers in Cowart-Vilma-Barton and Hobson also

All League
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Nov 2 2004, 02:12 PM

Hey PatsfanTx we also happen to have 4 decent linebackers in Cowart-Vilma-Barton and Hobson also
    hey JF it was compliment from TX....take it and dont egg him on :lol:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Nov 2 2004, 02:12 PM

I&#39;ll give you that one too.

Vilma has been impressive but watch for teams to start putting a body on him rather than letting him run free. He&#39;s too quick to do that.

Pats sealed him off real good and Dillon scampers for 44 yards.

Veteran
    Jonathin Goodwin deserves major props. I never thought he would be a decent starter - but now I&#39;m starting to think that he can be just as good as Moore. Having 6 legit starters is terrific.

Banned
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Nov 2 2004, 03:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX &#064; Nov 2 2004, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfreak@Nov 2 2004, 02:12 PM

I&#39;ll give you that one too.

Vilma has been impressive but watch for teams to start putting a body on him rather than letting him run free. He&#39;s too quick to do that.

Pats sealed him off real good and Dillon scampers for 44 yards. [/b][/quote]
    Guess why the interior O-Linemen HAVE NOT been able to put a body on Vilma barring rare exceptions?

Brace yourself my friend, cause you are not gonna like this .....

Jason Ferguson AND {drum roll please} ... DeWayne Robertson

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 2 2004, 02:53 PM

Guess why OG&#39;s and Centers HAVE NOT been able to put a body on Vilma barring rare exceptions?

That is so true ole wise one.

And my point exactly.

If Vilma continues to make the plays that he has been, look for teams to do away with the double team on DFat and put a body directly on Vilma.

What the hell will Jet fans use for DFat&#39;s excuse when that happens? :lol:

Banned
    BTW, how good is our O-Line?

IMO only the Chiefs can make a valid argument about having a better one

There may be one or two teams who can say their O-Line is AS GOOD, but only the Chiefs can argue theirs is BETTER

In other words, our O-Line is absolutely dominant

But the one concern we have is ZERO DEPTH at OT ... what with Brent Smith suffering a knee injury last nite {sounds serious?}, right now an injury to Fabini or K-Mac would be an absolute killer {heaven forbid}

All League
    Bringing in Kendall has been the move of the year so far-thank you again Dennis Green for that.
    He fortified the one part of the line that had big question marks at guard and him next to Maewae are aforce in the middle.

All League
    Hey, everyone forgot Moore, the converted DT.

He has been hurt the last two weeks, but before that he was pancaking people

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 2 2004, 03:00 PM

But the one concern we have is ZERO DEPTH at OT ... what with Brent Smith suffering a knee injury last nite {sounds serious?}, right now an injury to Fabini or K-Mac would be an absolute killer {heaven forbid}

Keep your fingers crossed on that one.

You saw the clusterf**k what happened to the Pats on Sunday when they juggled 4 OLinemen around because of injuries.

It doesn&#39;t work too good.

Rookie
    Haven&#39;t we been drafting T&#39;s ?

Isn&#39;t there some dude named cavka?

What is the skinny on them? With Mck having the Postons reping him, I would say that there is a 90% chance he is gone.

Banned
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Nov 2 2004, 03:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Nov 2 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Nov 2 2004, 02:53 PM

Guess why OG&#39;s and Centers HAVE NOT been able to put a body on Vilma barring rare exceptions?

That is so true ole wise one.

And my point exactly.

If Vilma continues to make the plays that he has been, look for teams to do away with the double team on DFat and put a body directly on Vilma.

What the hell will Jet fans use for DFat&#39;s excuse when that happens? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    PFT, you are ignoring one small detail ... right now D-Rob is playing at an All-Pro level WITH BEING DOUBLED

So right now this Jets front seven has placed teams in a "PICK YOUR POISON" frame of mind

Double D-Rob at the point of attack and Vilma is free to run wild

Single D-Rob and Fergy and they will dominate the LOS ... You&#39;ll be lucky to get 2 or 3 Yards per carry between the tackles

That&#39;s what the Patriots did and the Jets shutdown Dillion for most of the Game ... half of his yardage for the entire game came on ONE CARRY

Believe me, the Jets will settle for that EVERY WEEK ... where a RB breaks one long run but is kept in check for the rest of the day

Bottom Line: Right now the Jets are a very tough defense to run against ... no matter which strategy you employ

1. They have the DT&#39;s and MLB to control the run bewteen the tackles

2. They have the speed at linebacker to control the run off tackle ... not to mention Shaun Ellis who is exceptional verses the run and John Abraham who may be faster than the linebackers&#33;&#33;

And all of our DB&#39;s are also very good and coming up and making a stick verses the run ... they may have some problems in coverage, but these DB&#39;s are playing the run at a very high level

In short, the Jets have increased their speed 10 fold on defense ... D-Rob is playing like a TOP 10 Pick in the middle ... and all of these cats are swarming to the football

Did you know they have held their last five opponents to 14 Points or fewer? {9, 14, 14, 13, and 14}

That is a recipe for winning alot of football games in this league