Thread: Jason Ferguson ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Friday, November 5, 2004
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

~ ~ ~ Around the league

~ ~ Maybe the Jets should direct some of the money that McKenzie and defensive end Shaun Ellis have rejected in extension proposals and throw it at nose tackle Jason Ferguson, one of many pending unrestricted free agents the franchise will have to deal next spring. Yeah, end John Abraham, who has at least a half-sack in all but one game this season, is having a superb campaign. Ellis hasn't played up to his levels of the past two years, but has been good enough. And second-year pro Dewayne Robertson, the club's first-round pick in 2003, has really come on strong. But Ferguson is quietly having a stellar season, with 24 tackles and 3 sacks. Not bad for an interior defender who has never had more than 4 sacks in a season. Given some of his past injury problems, teams will be a bit wary of Ferguson, but he will still find a healthy free agency market next spring if the Jets don't retain him.

> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1916628

All Pro
    No argument here. In my mind Fergy is the #2 guy to try to re-sign in the offseason, here's my list infact:

1-Abe
    2-Fergy
    3-Ellis
    4-LaMont (though highly unlikely)
    5-McKenzie

Screw Becht, Baker is ready to shine.

All League
    i think baker is a free agent as well so you can just say screw becht