Thread: The No Respect thing

All Pro
    we all notice watching the pundits how we never seem to get our props,it's always"well, the Jets aren't a top teir team" But .New England and Pittsburg and Philly and the Choke City Colts and even the Seahawks are "the elite".Well this is pissing me off but I understand why it is.We haven't won doodley squat since I was in the 8th grade and until we do we'll never get the respect that we all know we deserve.So..it's up to the Jets to prove the "experts"wrong and us,the fans who believe to say when we're holding the Lombardi Trophy in a NYC ticker tape parade"we told you so".I think this team is that good,Super Bowl Championship good I mean GREAT.

Hall Of Fame
    very true when all these shows go through the nfl its always, chargers, vikes, eagles, giants cheifs never any jet stuff

Banned
    Originally posted by dickkotite@Nov 6 2004, 03:30 PM
    very true when all these shows go through the nfl its always, chargers, vikes, eagles, giants cheifs never any jet stuff
    How can you list the top O-lines and skip over the Jets? How can you talk about good starts and not mention the jets?

These NFL shows are Doo- Doo

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by dickkotite@Nov 6 2004, 03:30 PM
    All these shows are hosted by a bunch of morans :lol:

Banned
    seriously, didn't some idiots this past week have the colts and the SEAHAWKS rated above THE JETS???

the same seattle seahawks who lost to the arizona cardinals, and the same colts that have maybe the worst defense in the league and just a 4-3 record??

gimme a break. but who cares, just win the whole effin thing. lol

All Pro
    That's what it's gonna have to take EB.We have to prove it to the likes of the HBO clowns,Madden and all the rest of the so-called experts

Banned
    Originally posted by SoFlaJets@Nov 6 2004, 04:12 PM
    That's what it's gonna have to take EB.We have to prove it to the likes of the HBO clowns,Madden and all the rest of the so-called experts

I HATE THOSE 4 MORONS ON HBO!!!! for christ sake 2 of them are former dolphins!! then marino said something about voting in the booth and said "hanging chad".....what the hell did that mean???

Veteran
    Originally posted by SoFlaJets@Nov 6 2004, 02:27 PM
    we all notice watching the pundits how we never seem to get our props,it's always"well, the Jets aren't a top teir team" But .New England and Pittsburg and Philly and the Choke City Colts and even the Seahawks are "the elite".Well this is pissing me off but I understand why it is.We haven't won doodley squat since I was in the 8th grade and until we do we'll never get the respect that we all know we deserve.So..it's up to the Jets to prove the "experts"wrong and us,the fans who believe to say when we're holding the Lombardi Trophy in a NYC ticker tape parade"we told you so".I think this team is that good,Super Bowl Championship good I mean GREAT.
    All you guys can call people morans, but just take a second and think. Who have we played so far? The only good team was the pat's and we lost. All of the other games were down to the last couple of minutes, except the last game. Now if we can beat the next eight games then we have arrived ! Come on people wake up! We have not proved anything except we are a good team, not a superbowl team !

Banned
    Originally posted by DELAWANAJET+Nov 6 2004, 04:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DELAWANAJET @ Nov 6 2004, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SoFlaJets@Nov 6 2004, 02:27 PM
    we all notice watching the pundits how we never seem to get our props,it&#39;s always"well, the Jets aren&#39;t a top teir team" But .New England and Pittsburg and Philly and the Choke City Colts and even the Seahawks are "the elite".Well this is pissing me off but I understand why it is.We haven&#39;t won doodley squat since I was in the 8th grade and until we do we&#39;ll never get the respect that we all know we deserve.So..it&#39;s up to the Jets to prove the "experts"wrong and us,the fans who believe to say when we&#39;re holding the Lombardi Trophy in a NYC ticker tape parade"we told you so".I think this team is that good,Super Bowl Championship good I mean GREAT.
    All you guys can call people morans, but just take a second and think. Who have we played so far? The only good team was the pat&#39;s and we lost. All of the other games were down to the last couple of minutes, except the last game. Now if we can beat the next eight games then we have arrived &#33; Come on people wake up&#33; We have not proved anything except we are a good team, not a superbowl team &#33; [/b][/quote]

good point. but who have the colts and the seahawks beaten? or should I say, who they haven&#39;t beaten....................

All Pro
    Originally posted by DELAWANAJET@Nov 6 2004, 05:24 PM
    Delawanna says;

[All you guys can call people morans, but just take a second and think. Who have we played so far? The only good team was the pat&#39;s and we lost. All of the other games were down to the last couple of minutes, except the last game. Now if we can beat the next eight games then we have arrived &#33; Come on people wake up&#33; We have not proved anything except we are a good team, not a superbowl team &#33;
    Who have we beaten every team except the World Champions in other words all the teams on the schedule.WE don&#39;t make the schedule the NFL does and you know what?It&#39;s about time that WE get a break from the powers that be,since if you look it up WE have had perhaps the toughest schedule for the past 5 years or so.Pittsburg,Oakland OUT THERE every year when they were good,the Pats,the always tough Dolphins so I don&#39;t wanna hear that BS anymore.

Banned
    Originally posted by DELAWANAJET@Nov 6 2004, 04:24 PM
    All you guys can call people morans, but just take a second and think. Who have we played so far?
    The only teams we can play...The ones on our schedule....we can&#39;t beat any other teams.

Banned
    We are 4th in most Power polls.

I love this group and think we are a big time receiver and shutdown corner away from being the best in the NFL. Moss could make us just that.

That said, this group is certainly more than capable of having a big 2nd half of the season. As for the close wins Delawana mentions , when Jacksonville was doing just that, they were a big story in the NFL.

Jets just need to stay the course and win the games we are supposed to win and see where the chips fall come late December.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Nov 6 2004, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Nov 6 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DELAWANAJET@Nov 6 2004, 04:24 PM
    All you guys can call people morans, but just take a second and think. Who have we played so far?
    The only teams we can play...The ones on our schedule....we can&#39;t beat any other teams. [/b][/quote]
    thank you Smizzy-it&#39;s a bullcrap argument from people who are either one of two things A-hole Pats fans who use lousy soda names for their screenames or the ever-present glass-half-full so-called Jets fans.

Banned
    [or the ever-present glass-half-full so-called Jets fans. [/QUOTE]
    Delawana?

All Pro
    Originally posted by chad101@Nov 6 2004, 05:57 PM
    [or the ever-present glass-half-full so-called Jets fans.

Delawana?
    [/quote]
    I don&#39;t know if Delawana fits into that catergory or not and to be honest I don&#39;t keep track or score of who says what.I know there are some guys I generally respect when they say something(and not just taunting)PatsfanTx comes to mind.Jetsfreak is a good poster too.But yea,you read it here everyday then guys who say well,pretty much what Delaware said.

All Pro
    I think its b/c we didn&#39;t do to well last year. I mean Pittsburgh (b/f last week&#39;s win) was not considered very "elite" either. Now a combo of that NE win and the big game this weekend has all of a sudden elevated them. Besides them, all the other teams that seem to have gotten elite hype i.e. NE, Philly, Indy, Seattle, Denver were all in the playoffs last year and t/f get the benefit of the doubt this year. Seattles hype was particularly strange but I guess its b/c their division stunk and peole expected them to be really good and t/f they tried to jump on the bandwagon early...bad move&#33;&#33;

The bottom line is you and me and all of us could easily do what these guys do...I stress the word easily&#33;