Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been watching #88

All Pro
    and I'll tell ya guys-he never gets a pass thrown to him that wasn't first supposed to be going somewhere else.It's always Uh oh here they come-here Anthony YOU take it and the passes are always near his feet over his head and behind his back.We gotta cut this guy some slack with his pass catching ability(at least this year)he hardly ever gets a clean pass thrown his way.
    Signed Mrs.Becht

Undrafted Free Agent
    an absolutle DISGRACE that stone-hands wears #88!!! JETS should be ashamed of themselves for giving this guy Toon's #!!!!! :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' /> :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' /> :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

All Pro
    Re-sign Baker.

Rookie
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Nov 10 2004, 11:36 AM
    Re-sign Baker.
    Agreed. Becht has got to go. the ones that DO go near/into his hands, he drops anyway. Does NOTHING after the catch. Re-sign Baker.

Veteran
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Nov 10 2004, 08:36 AM
    Re-sign Baker.
    This guy seems to be catching some "Bechtitis" as well, if you ask me. He looked good last year, but just average this year. No big loss if we lose him in the offseason. He's easily relpaceable by any number of average TE's.

Hall Of Fame
    Resign Chris Baker during the offseason and keep him as the number 2 option. This guy can catch footballs, but has more work to do on his blocking. Cut Becht! Enough is enough. Face it this guy is a bust. He was a waste of a 1st round draft choice. He has NEVER been worthy of the pick and money we gave him. What is worse - in order to be a SB contender, we absolutely have to have production from the TE position, we rarely get it even when Baker is in there.

TE should be one of our great concerns during the next draft. I am just sick and tired of these sick stiffs the Jets have drafted at TE recently.

As a side note, I think our cap number for this offseason counts Bryan Thomas' salary. If we cut him during the offseason, how much could we save or lose under the cap?

The reason I ask is if this did free up cap space, I think we could possibly put it to good use on a free agent tight end?????????

Veteran
    Originally posted by Mainejet@Nov 10 2004, 08:48 AM
    Cut Becht! Enough is enough. Face it this guy is a bust. He was a waste of a 1st round draft choice. He has NEVER been worthy of the pick and money we gave him.
    Agreed. And to think we could have taken Bubba Franks...

All Pro
    Bubba was the big guy that year the #1 TE how is he doing?I'll never forget the video they had of Becht in college catching that TD and then with Bavaro-like bravado tossing it into the camera lens I thought yea this guy's gonn abe good

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by DieHardJetFan+Nov 10 2004, 09:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DieHardJetFan @ Nov 10 2004, 09:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mainejet@Nov 10 2004, 08:48 AM
    Cut Becht&#33; Enough is enough. Face it this guy is a bust. He was a waste of a 1st round draft choice. He has NEVER been worthy of the pick and money we gave him.
    Agreed. And to think we could have taken Bubba Franks... [/b][/quote]
    No we couldn&#39;t. He was taken before Becht.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Piper+Nov 10 2004, 10:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Piper @ Nov 10 2004, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by DieHardJetFan@Nov 10 2004, 09:51 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mainejet
    @Nov 10 2004, 08:48 AM
    Cut Becht&#33; Enough is enough. Face it this guy is a bust. He was a waste of a 1st round draft choice. He has NEVER been worthy of the pick and money we gave him.

No we couldn&#39;t. He was taken before Becht. [/b][/quote]
    we took Ellis & Abraham with the 2 picks right before Green Bay chose Bubba Franks. Then about 10 picks or so later we took Stone-Hands. In between, obviously we took THE FRANCHISE.

So, in essence, we could have taken Bubba over either Ellis or Abe. But looking at it 4 years later, I think we made the right choice&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by tooooon88+Nov 10 2004, 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tooooon88 @ Nov 10 2004, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Piper@Nov 10 2004, 10:52 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mainejet

we took Ellis & Abraham with the 2 picks right before Green Bay chose Bubba Franks. Then about 10 picks or so later we took Stone-Hands. In between, obviously we took THE FRANCHISE.

So, in essence, we could have taken Bubba over either Ellis or Abe. But looking at it 4 years later, I think we made the right choice&#33; [/b][/quote]
    The big mistake was taking Abraham over Julian Petterson that year.

All League
    Bubba Franks isnt even that good either.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Matt39@Nov 10 2004, 11:33 AM
    Yeah he was supposed to be this great prospect but he hasn&#39;t panned out. You know who is so underrated is Alge Crumpler. I wish we had a guy like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Matt39@Nov 10 2004, 11:33 AM
    Franks was/is an All Pro TE&#33; Averages almost 7 TD catches a year....does Becth have 7 career TD&#39;s??

(I stand corrected...Betch has has 16 TD rececption in four years...sure doesn&#39;t seem like it).

All League
    Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 10 2004, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Come Back to NY @ Nov 10 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Matt39@Nov 10 2004, 11:33 AM
    Franks was/is an All Pro TE&#33; Averages almost 7 TD catches a year....does Becth have 7 career TD&#39;s??

(I stand corrected...Betch has has 16 TD rececption in four years...sure doesn&#39;t seem like it). [/b][/quote]
    he has brett favre throwing to him

A majority of his touchdowns come from within the 10 yard line where hes wide open in the endzone.

Hes not a YAC tight end at all.

All League
    I&#39;m not a huge Becht fan, but I do feel he is one of the few TEs in the NFL that can be counted on to block a DE one-on-one, and not look like a human turnstile doing it.

Veteran
    Originally posted by rbstern@Nov 10 2004, 01:11 PM
    I&#39;m not a huge Becht fan, but I do feel he is one of the few TEs in the NFL that can be counted on to block a DE one-on-one, and not look like a human turnstile doing it.
    Great point. Sure, Becht has hands like feet, but he&#39;s worth his weight when it comes to pounding the rock.

Baker? I&#39;m not sold yet. Big drops, big fumbles....jury&#39;s still out, IMO. If the cap isnt an issue, I&#39;d look elsewhere for a pass catching TE.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Mainejet@Nov 10 2004, 09:48 AM
    Resign Chris Baker during the offseason and keep him as the number 2 option. This guy can catch footballs, but has more work to do on his blocking. Cut Becht&#33; Enough is enough. Face it this guy is a bust. He was a waste of a 1st round draft choice. He has NEVER been worthy of the pick and money we gave him. What is worse - in order to be a SB contender, we absolutely have to have production from the TE position, we rarely get it even when Baker is in there.

TE should be one of our great concerns during the next draft. I am just sick and tired of these sick stiffs the Jets have drafted at TE recently.

As a side note, I think our cap number for this offseason counts Bryan Thomas&#39; salary. If we cut him during the offseason, how much could we save or lose under the cap?

The reason I ask is if this did free up cap space, I think we could possibly put it to good use on a free agent tight end?????????
    What happened to Baker?

Veteran
    Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Nov 10 2004, 11:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Come Back to NY @ Nov 10 2004, 11:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by tooooon88@Nov 10 2004, 11:20 AM
    Originally posted by Piper@Nov 10 2004, 10:52 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mainejet

So, in essence, we could have taken Bubba over either Ellis or Abe. But looking at it 4 years later, I think we made the right choice&#33;
    The big mistake was taking Abraham over Julian Petterson that year. [/b][/quote]
    the way i remember it was that the niners were set to take pennington or peterson and the jets were ready to take either two as well

the niners took peterson and the rest as they say, is history

Veteran
    The thing with Becht is , you say to your self, Dam &#33; this guy could be so much better, so much potential...