Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We will run all over Baltamore

Rookie
    Although Baltimore has a tough defense, the Jets should be able to run against them. Last week our Oline was handled pretty well, and our running game was stuffed. Our QB was hit several times, and ultimately injured. Knowing Mawae's and Kendel's personalities, they will be looking to redeem themselves this week. They will have the rest of the oline pumped and ready to go lights out and I expect Martin to turn it up a notch to help out QC. Behind center we will have a QB that is a threat to run, so we will have a 1-2-3 punch with Martin - Jordan - Carter.

My prediction is 150 yards total rush from our O.

Rookie
    My spelling sucks I know it's Baltimore duh

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah we will run all over Balitimore as long as we always keep track of Ray Lewis, Boulware, Suggs, and Reed. Thats alot of people to keep track of espically when there some of the best in the buisness.

Veteran
    I don't think Mawae can dominate Ray Lewis like he can Zach Thomas :unsure: , he's going to be all over the field...just a feeling I have.

Rookie
    Originally posted by GangGreen63@Nov 11 2004, 03:39 PM
    Yeah we will run all over Balitimore as long as we always keep track of Ray Lewis, Boulware, Suggs, and Reed. Thats alot of people to keep track of espically when there some of the best in the buisness.
    You're right. And I would argue that we have one of the best olines in the business with a great duo of running backs.

Rookie
    Originally posted by nyjet80@Nov 11 2004, 03:42 PM
    I don't think Mawae can dominate Ray Lewis like he can Zach Thomas :unsure: , he's going to be all over the field...just a feeling I have.
    I think he can. Their DT's aren't as big as they were a couple years ago, so Mawae should be able to free up and get there. Don't forget, not many centers in this league can move like Mawae. I am sure Lewis will get his tackles, but I hope its after 5-8 yards past LOS.

Plus They play more 3-4 which should allow Mawae to get in space a little better.

My biggest concern is how Carter will handle the blitz, because I expect the Ravens to blitz a lot!

All Pro
    Your spelling sucks but your prediction's dont. I say even more then 150. I go up to 175!

Run that damn ball!

12-9 Jets.

Practice Squad
    Don't forget. The Chief's ran up oodles of yards on them by running right at Lewis. they basically neutralized him.

Banned
    Originally posted by chillster@Nov 11 2004, 04:06 PM
    Don't forget. The Chief's ran up oodles of yards on them by running right at Lewis. they basically neutralized him.
    EXACTLY

When you run at the Ravens you have to run between the tackles ... with the Center and OG's attacking Ray Lewis

You cannot run outside the tackles cause that allows Lewis and the other Ravens defenders to use their speed ... plays right into their hands

Yes, the Chiefs have a massive O-Line ... but they gave the Jets the blueprint for running on the Ravens ... run the ball RIGHT AT THEM

All League
    Originally posted by nyjet80@Nov 11 2004, 03:42 PM
    Hope the murdering M**ther F**Ker tears his ACL on the first play of the game...Or better yet, during introductions when he does his dance "thing"...What an a-hole

...hope he tears his MCL too!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!

Herm should put out a bounty out on him...Whoever breaks his knee cap gets an extra 50 grand in their check..

All League
    Ray Lewis strength's is running down plays and between gaps to make plays- this is a smart strategy to put Mawae and Kendall right at him and have him deal with the strength of our offensive line

Rookie
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Nov 11 2004, 04:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Nov 11 2004, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chillster@Nov 11 2004, 04:06 PM
    Don&#39;t forget. The Chief&#39;s ran up oodles of yards on them by running right at Lewis. they basically neutralized him.
    EXACTLY

When you run at the Ravens you have to run between the tackles ... with the Center and OG&#39;s attacking Ray Lewis

You cannot run outside the tackles cause that allows Lewis and the other Ravens defenders to use their speed ... plays right into their hands

Yes, the Chiefs have a massive O-Line ... but they gave the Jets the blueprint for running on the Ravens ... run the ball RIGHT AT THEM [/b][/quote]
    This is my point exactly GJH. Last time we played them they had 2 huge widebodies clogging the gut. Now they play more 3-4, leaving IMO more room through the gut.

Veteran
    (see below)

All Pro
    The JETS should use the double tight-end set more because this way it&#39;ll keep the LB&#39;s away from the line of scrimmage and run the ball and plus we&#39;ll have more blockers and even one of the two TE&#39;s can go under the coverage to receive a quick pass from Carter too.

Don&#39;t forget our other ace in the hole, Kyle Boller. We have to be able to force this guy into at least one turnover, that is, if they let him throw the ball . Bad enough we didn&#39;t sack or pickoff Blesdsoe last week.

Banned
    The reason the Jets will have success running on the Ravens is because the run will be set up by the pass. They will have to respect Carter&#39;s ability to throw long, that will keep them from cheating up on the Jets. Look for the pass to set up the run. NO PRISONERS&#33;

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by NEJetFromLI@Nov 11 2004, 09:05 PM
    Don&#39;t forget our other ace in the hole, Kyle Boller. We have to be able to force this guy into at least one turnover, that is, if they let him throw the ball . Bad enough we didn&#39;t sack or pickoff Blesdsoe last week.
    Boller is close to high-school caliber in QB skills. We need to pick him off a few times--- Erik Coleman should be up to the task.

Hall Of Fame
    Martin AND Jordan should BOTH be a big part of the game plan this week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We will run all over Baltamore
    First, let me say that I PRAY that you are right, and I am wrong......

However, I think the facts don&#39;t lead to your conclusion.

The Jets speedy O-Line is excellent when doing what they are good at, but they are neither terrably strong nor overly large. We are a "movement line", not a power line.

In my opinion, we simply do not have the kind of O-line (or the kind of RB&#39;s for that matter) that can shove the ball down Baltimore&#39;s throat. While I love Curtis and have grown on Jordan, neither has proven to be a downhill power back in their careers.

Curtis is a slider, slipping through holes and running around the end, both likely not possible vs. the super-speed Ravens D. Jordan, for all his size, has wilted every single time he has been asked to "power run". He is another runner who uses speed, agillity and quickness (despite his size) to get around a corner or through a hole or make a guy miss, and then run run run.

In my opinion, we will need to balance the run more with the pass. If we have another game with 35+ runs to 15 (or less) passes, then I think the Jets get crushed. We have weapons other than Curtis and Jordan, and we HAVE to get them in the game to have any chance to win. Otherwise, watch the Ravens stack vs. the run, and keep Curtis and lamont COMBINED under 80 yards rushing.

In my opinion, we will need to balance the run more with the pass. If we have another game with 35+ runs to 15 (or less) passes, then I think the Jets get crushed. We have weapons other than Curtis and Jordan, and we HAVE to get them in the game to have any chance to win. Otherwise, watch the Ravens stack vs. the run, and keep Curtis and lamont COMBINED under 80 yards rushing.
    I agree, hopefully, Hackett will adapt to having Quincy Carter as the QB. He threw pretty well on the run when he played in Dallas, a few rollouts might be nice.