Thread: Riggs- was watching BC/WVU sat.

Rookie
    Where do you see (if at all) that CB Jones going in the draft? Which corners do you see as Elite on the college front?

Bitoni: You know anything about this kid or have any thoughts on this?

All League
    No1JetFan, you know your football, so let me ask you this: What did you make of Jones?

Adam "Pacman" Jones is West Virginia's best player on defense. He's also one of the premiere special teams players in the country (returns)...

He's a junior, but I'm not sure where's he projected for now. I would guess he returns to WVU for one more season. He's 5-10, very fast and similar to Clemson jr. Justin Miller--although Miller is seen as a better prospect and more likely to jump to the NFL early.

Top CB's

Antrelle Rolle--Miami--Considered a top 10 pick by some. Only flaw appears to be off-field problems.

Corey Webster--LSU-- Excellent size and speed....Top 16 pick?

Marlin Jackson--Michagan--Good size; almost definite first rounder...Has played safety in college, but not well. Much better CB, but could slip if 40 time isn't is high.

Justin Miller--Clemson--Elite junior. Great athlete; great returner. Smallest of this elite group (5-10).

Carlos Rogers--Auburn--Fast rising senior...Great size, speed. Could go in rd 1...

Brandon Browner--Oregon St.--RS Soph. Super size/ speed ratio...He's eligible to come out and may just do it.

P.S: From what I saw of the Jets today (and this season), a decent TE that can make something "happen" would help....Becht is nothing more than a blocker and Baker had tough game too....By the way, not a great TE class, so....

Rookie
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Nov 14 2004, 10:12 PM
    No1JetFan, you know your football, so let me ask you this: What did you make of Jones?

Adam "Pacman" Jones is West Virginia's best player on defense. He's also one of the premiere special teams players in the country (returns)...

He's a junior, but I'm not sure where's he projected for now. I would guess he returns to WVU for one more season. He's 5-10, very fast and similar to Clemson jr. Justin Miller--although Miller is seen as a better prospect and more likely to jump to the NFL early.

Top CB's

Antrelle Rolle--Miami--Considered a top 10 pick by some. Only flaw appears to be off-field problems.

Corey Webster--LSU-- Excellent size and speed....Top 16 pick?

Marlin Jackson--Michagan--Good size; almost definite first rounder...Has played safety in college, but not well. Much better CB, but could slip if 40 time isn't is high.

Justin Miller--Clemson--Elite junior. Great athlete; great returner. Smallest of this elite group (5-10).

Carlos Rogers--Auburn--Fast rising senior...Great size, speed. Could go in rd 1...

Brandon Browner--Oregon St.--RS Soph. Super size/ speed ratio...He's eligible to come out and may just do it.

P.S: From what I saw of the Jets today (and this season), a decent TE that can make something "happen" would help....Becht is nothing more than a blocker and Baker had tough game too....By the way, not a great TE class, so....
    Well, he was pretty impressive, which is why I asked you all's opinion. He's not necc. one of the elites, but the kid was damn impressive. (Possibly a bit on the small side for the league). He had a couple of missed tackles and a couple that required asst., mostly because the BC TE he was going after was huge. He was good on coverage and wrapped guys up really well, but didn't hit that hard. His PRs were not amazing in the B.C. game (though they generally are), but I would say that this was mostly due to poor blocking. Even though I mainly fault the blockers, he needed to run more N/S instead of the E/W he was sometimes doing, perhaps BC had his "pac-man game" down that day. I also would like to have seen him look to the outside more than he did. That kid also played with a lot of heart. He clearly led the team, and in fact almost looked like a one man defense at times (which is why he impressed me so) Could be effective in this league. I'm on the lookout for us, and I too agree that we should be looking into TE.

All League
    Dont forget Antwaun Rogers. Now I wouldnt like him with the Jets simply because he is more of a big CB, and the way the AFC East is situated, you want more of those speed corners. But this cat from Purdue is 6'2 and runs around a 4.4, but needs to bulk up.

And dont forget, he is continually facing big WR's in the Big 10, so he'll have some serious experience. Hes probably faced tougher WR's on a consistent basis than any other corner. Rolle is the only one who competes because he plays FSU and Florida every year.

And Rigs, how do you feel Perkins draft status is going to flow with his injury? He's coming back now, but the only real action we'll see is if he faces off against USC. So I imagine it'll be tough for scouts to really get a gauge on his senior season cause he got hurt. But man that boy can fly. If healthy, he's my first round pick this year at corner.