Thread: If a Herm edwards team gave up

All Pro
    I don't even want to think what you guys would want to do with him? That was a pathetic performance last night...Tuna has lost that team. They aren't just losing, they are getting spanked! And its not just Vinny!

Veteran
    I know Tuna was great for the jets and all, but after the Salary Cap Fiasco he Woody & Bradway to clean up, I have no sympathy for him.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Tuna is nothing without Belichick.... Look for him to walk away at the end of this season....

Unless he can talk Belichick into coming back as his defensive coordinator... :lol:

Maxman
    Originally posted by LesterLyles@Nov 16 2004, 10:11 AM
    I don't even want to think what you guys would want to do with him? That was a pathetic performance last night...Tuna has lost that team. They aren't just losing, they are getting spanked! And its not just Vinny!
    Keep fighting the good fight Lester. I no longer have the energy. I have been stripped of my signature line. With that I have lost all my supernatural powers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yea. Some sucks worse than us.

All Pro
    Belicheck currently has ALL of Tuna's old staff members with the exception of Mo Carthon and Ben Coates. I expect Bill if he stays around to turn that defense right around next year. He has a ton of cap room possibly 2 top 10 picks and the ability to get a new D coordinator in there at this rate.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Piper@Nov 16 2004, 10:59 AM
    Yea. Some sucks worse than us.
    I just think its funny who that someone is, Pyper. The someone that for 2 1/2 years evey naysayer here wished we had. If Tuna was here he'd do this, if he were here he'd do that. He was here. We won nothing!!

Hall Of Fame
    Good thread, and it is SO true.

That is why I defend the truly good thing we do have going.

It isn't without flaw, but some here are so quick to want to fire the coaching staff we got, and yet, this team plays HARD for Edwards, and STILL believes in his approach to the game.

We are 6-3, we just had our first bad loss of the season, let's see how they respond, before we make them walk the plank.

There are a LOT of flawed teams in this league, the Jets are at the top of the league.

I don't know when it happened, but at some point since 1996, you became spoiled, and now if we don't have perfect week, every week, something needs to be changed.

It just doesn't work like that.

All League
    the funniest play was when eddie george had a great catch and had the ball pulled out of his hands.....didnt even see the guy behind him....i actually laughed out loud :lol:

All League
    Charter JI Member

If a Herm-coached team gave up 49 points on national TV, we'd still be hearing about what a great motivator he is, and how the players love to play for him.

His press conference would be incomprehensible, but that's no different than any other week.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Nov 16 2004, 11:56 AM
    If a Herm-coached team gave up 49 points on national TV, we'd still be hearing about what a great motivator he is, and how the players love to play for him.

His press conference would be incomprehensible, but that's no different than any other week.
    Give me a break Bob. That is such an unfair argument.

Hall Of Fame
    what nonsense. parcells is a hall of fame HC who has plenty of superbowl trips with multiple teams.

he is down on his luck right now, so what?

a guy like parcells gets a pass a herm edwards doesnt get that same luxery until a herm edwards can show a comparable resume which he doesnt have

you guys are morons. I suppose that if we took one young rough team and had the option of either hiring herm or bill to coach them, you would all take herm??? so whats your point then?

All Pro
    Originally posted by dickkotite@Nov 16 2004, 12:36 PM
    what nonsense. parcells is a hall of fame HC who has plenty of superbowl trips with multiple teams.

he is down on his luck right now, so what?

a guy like parcells gets a pass a herm edwards doesnt get that same luxery until a herm edwards can show a comparable resume which he doesnt have

you guys are morons. I suppose that if we took one young rough team and had the option of either hiring herm or bill to coach them, you would all take herm??? so whats your point then?
    You guys that leave absolutely NO ROOM FOR ERROR w/ the Jets and want to FIRE A 6-3 COACH want togive a pass to someone that won SBs 2 decades ago? I simply don't believe what I am reading! So if Herm won the Bowl in the 1980s, we'd be ok w/ him?

I look for results...screw this luxury. Do I think Tuna should be fired from Dallas, of course not but he is havingh peroblems just like sometimes Herm does and every coach does!! Herm has had more success here than failure and t/f deserves to keep his job.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Herm inherited a winning team and has failed to improve it, despite huge upgrades in talent.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Nov 16 2004, 02:31 PM
    Herm inherited a winning team and has failed to improve it, despite huge upgrades in talent.
    I'd say both the '01 and '02 Jets were better than the two previous years. I also think this year's team is better than 99 and 00 and I actually think hwne all is said and done, this will be Herm's best team.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by LesterLyles+Nov 16 2004, 12:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LesterLyles @ Nov 16 2004, 12:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bob the Jets Fan™@Nov 16 2004, 11:56 AM
    If a Herm-coached team gave up 49 points on national TV, we&#39;d still be hearing about what a great motivator he is, and how the players love to play for him.

His press conference would be incomprehensible, but that&#39;s no different than any other week.
    Give me a break Bob. That is such an unfair argument. [/b][/quote]
    No it isn&#39;t. We hear it now and I don&#39;t see this team any mire consistent in enthusiasm or effor than any other team.

This &#39;the players play hard for him&#39; stuff is pure fantasy.