Thread: Our Season starts or ends in Cleveland

Sunday at 4:15 p.m. we should know if the playoffs are a possibility or we've been cheated by Herm's coaching. The Jets will be playing a AFC foe and we can't afford to lose games to AFC opponents at this point. This is the season on Sunday. If we can't beat the Baltimore's and Cleveland's of the NFL we don't belong in the playoffs. Really we don't. You'll hear people say it's still possible to beat so and so and get help from another team. But on Sunday if we don't beat Cleveland we don't belong going to the playoffs period. This Sunday Herm's career could be in jeopardy as a 2nd straight season of no playoffs could cause Woody to make a change. Especially with Bradway's contract up for renewal. A Jet win will ease the Baltimore loss. Another loss and you 'll see the Sharks starting to circle Hofstra.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by LI JET FAN@Nov 16 2004, 03:54 PM
    Sunday at 4:15 p.m. we should know if the playoffs are a possibility or we've been cheated by Herm's coaching. The Jets will be playing a AFC foe and we can't afford to lose games to AFC opponents at this point. This is the season on Sunday. If we can't beat the Baltimore's and Cleveland's of the NFL we don't belong in the playoffs. Really we don't. You'll hear people say it's still possible to beat so and so and get help from another team. But on Sunday if we don't beat Cleveland we don't belong going to the playoffs period. This Sunday Herm's career could be in jeopardy as a 2nd straight season of no playoffs could cause Woody to make a change. Especially with Bradway's contract up for renewal. A Jet win will ease the Baltimore loss. Another loss and you 'll see the Sharks starting to circle Hofstra.
    Like 2 years ago when on the last game of the year the pats were our friends? Oh you forgot that the pats helped us get ito the playoffs and win the division? If the pats didn't beat the phins, our game would've been meaniless towards the playoffs. Win or lose we stayed home if the phins won. But this is the NFL anything can happen. A team can get hot after looking like sh*t. Or a hot team could just phase out and lose it. Until we are officially out of the playoff hunt, nothing is a given.

I agree that while techincally a loss wouldn't end the season, this team needs a win BAD. I think they'll get it done. And since I'll be there they damn well better!

A loss on Sunday gives us 4 confrence losses.That's the 2nd tiebreaker and will keep the Jets out of a playoff spot.

Originally posted by LI JET FAN@Nov 16 2004, 04:08 PM
    A loss on Sunday gives us 4 confrence losses.That's the 2nd tiebreaker and will keep the Jets out of a playoff spot.
    valid point.

Veteran
    To me this is a must win as these are the games the Jets should win. I do not think the Jets can bank on sweeping the month of Dec or want to go down to the last game of the season in St. Louis.

All Pro
    This is a MUST WIN. If we don't beat Cleveland, it would take nothing short of a miracle to make the playoffs.

Veteran
    Our season ended in new england. Than it ended in Buffalo. Than it defently ended in New Jersey on sun. Forget about it it's over. Next year we will dream again. Are you a glutin for punishment ?

All Pro
    Originally posted by LI JET FAN@Nov 16 2004, 04:54 PM
    If we can't beat the Baltimore's and Cleveland's of the NFL we don't belong in the playoffs. Really we don't. You'll hear people say it's still possible to beat so and so and get help from another team. But on Sunday if we don't beat Cleveland we don't belong going to the playoffs period. This Sunday Herm's career could be in jeopardy as a 2nd straight season of no playoffs could cause Woody to make a change. Especially with Bradway's contract up for renewal. A Jet win will ease the Baltimore loss. Another loss and you 'll see the Sharks starting to circle Hofstra.
    i agree with teh beginng of your post. If we lose to Balt & Cleveland we won;t survive inteh playoffs let alone deserve to make them..

But i diasgree the only coach beeing let go will be hacket - tihs is is his last year of his contract and he won't get re-signed - Herm will get his chance with a new Offensive Coordinator and then see how he does

All Pro
    Originally posted by DELAWANAJET@Nov 16 2004, 07:32 PM
    . Next year we will dream again. Are you a glutin for punishment ?
    WELCOME TO JET-LAND!!!!