Thread: Resigning vets...home field advantage

All League
    I think the long term signing of Ellis is an indicator the Jets have established a team atmosphere that players want to be part of. It would have been very easy for Ellis to test free agency and go for a huge payday. Good DEs are expensive and can generate bidding wars.

I expect Abraham will sign without going the FA route.

While I would be very surprised if Jordan signs with the Jets, with the carries he is starting to get, it's not out of the question.

Interesting to watch whether or not Kareem will come around.

All League
    Signing Ellis was a good move. He is a very good DE and yes ABE is a notch if not several above, but do you risk lossing both waiting for ABE to make a decision as they say a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Banned
    Originally posted by rbstern@Nov 28 2004, 09:06 PM
    I think the long term signing of Ellis is an indicator the Jets have established a team atmosphere that players want to be part of. It would have been very easy for Ellis to test free agency and go for a huge payday. Good DEs are expensive and can generate bidding wars.

I expect Abraham will sign without going the FA route.

While I would be very surprised if Jordan signs with the Jets, with the carries he is starting to get, it's not out of the question.

Interesting to watch whether or not Kareem will come around.
    RB, I'll be shocked {and pissed} if the Jets do not tag JA a franchise player ... but I'm sure they will if they must

I would really love to see the Jets sign Jordan to the type of long term deal I suggested earlier this week ... backloaded deal with a prorated signing bonus

I think K-Mac will be the toughest of the three to retain cause of his agents ... the Poston's ... who will no doubt seek to squeeze every last dime out of the Jets

Rookie
    JMO

I think the signing of Ellis first might be because he was the one most likely gone that the Jets did not want to lose. Abe has said in not so many words that he wants to stay in New York.

The Jets will sign Abe with no problem. Having these two on the D line will be a force to recken with for years to come. You can put almost anybody else with them on the line and still have an awesome front four.

Can you imagine having Abe, Ellis, and Robertson on that line when they all start to gel together. Opposing offenses watch out.

JMHO

Undrafted Free Agent
    Although I like the fact that we got Ellis resigned, I would rather have Abe signed before Ellis, and if we do sign Abe, I think the cap could become a problem in a couple of years. But we MUST, MUST, MUST resign Abe. No question about it.

Banned
    who cares if we would have lost ellis? are you saying BT couldn't wiff on 5 sacks in 11 games, and just 4.5 in 11?? I think he could, plus it would have saved us alot of money

Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Nov 28 2004, 10:09 PM
    who cares if we would have lost ellis? are you saying BT couldn't wiff on 5 sacks in 11 games, and just 4.5 in 11?? I think he could, plus it would have saved us alot of money
    Yeah he wiffed on a sack today and against the Bills but he had EIGHT qb pressures that led to incompltions and a handfull of tackles.

This guy is a good player and I am glad they signed him............