Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 should be enough

All Pro
    as long as the Jets win 1 out of the 3 AFC contests. If the Jets win 10 by beating St. Louis and Seattle, they may lose out on tiebreakers. This makes HOU very important. They obviously can still make it w/ a loss but that means they essentuially would have to win one b/w NE and Pittsburgh. Thats a lot of pressure.

All League
    I think we can beat both Pit and NE... Most "experts" are not even giving us a chance...

All Pro
    Jets Magic Number

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

the Seahawks are fading after getting whipped 38-3 at home by the Bills and I like our chances going against the Texans who have a not too strong run defense.

Andre Johnson of the Texans only has 1 touchdown in the last 4 games for the texans who went 1-3 in those games.

The way our defense is playing right now means we have a very good chance at the playoffs.

All League
    No chance in Pitt

Vs NE we have a chance if someone kidnaps PH and ships him off to Alaska
    the night before.

I heard that is thetradition in armed forces, when someone is about to be married.

If Chad cannot throw long, Mumbles will eat him alive............

All Pro
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Nov 29 2004, 03:18 PM

the Seahawks are fading after getting whipped 38-3 at home by the Bills and I like our chances going against the Texans who have a not too strong run defense.

Andre Johnson of the Texans only has 1 touchdown in the last 4 games for the texans who went 1-3 in those games.

The way our defense is playing right now means we have a very good chance at the playoffs.
    :ph34r: Freak :ph34r:

I agree about the Defense.

It's that damn offense that prohibits me from getting too cocky. I just don't know what to expect from them yet.

All Pro
    There is always a chance. Anybody can beat anybody on any given sunday and I still think we'll, AT WORST, be 12-4.

All League
    Originally posted by afosomf@Nov 29 2004, 07:19 PM
    No chance in Pitt

I AM SO TIRED OF HEARING WE HAVE NO CHANCE VS. PITT. IF THIS IS THE CASE WHY ARE YOU STILL EVEN POSTING ON THIS BOARD.....ISN'T ARE SEASON OVER!!!!!!WE WOULD HAVE TO GO TO PITT IN THE PLAYOFFS AND IF WE HAVE NOOOOOOO CHANCE WHY ARE WE EVEN PLAYING THE REST OF OUR GAMES. IF CHAD IS BACK IN THE LINEUP WE HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING THAT GAME.....ARE WE PLAYING FOR THE SUPER-BOWL OR WOULD YOU BE HAPPY JUST TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND LOSE IN THE 1ST ROUND?

GET SOME BALLS.....WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY WITH OUR TEAM....ANYBODY!

Veteran
    if we finish 10-6 by beating the Seahawks and Rams, I'm pretty sure we will miss the playoffs.

That would give us a 6-6 conference record and we would lose every tiebreaker that doesn't put us head to head with San Diego.

Bottom line: We need 11.

All Pro
    Originally posted by y2k8@Nov 29 2004, 03:29 PM
    if we finish 10-6 by beating the Seahawks and Rams, I'm pretty sure we will miss the playoffs.

That would give us a 6-6 conference record and we would lose every tiebreaker that doesn't put us head to head with San Diego.

Bottom line: We need 11.
    Exactly! However 10-6 w/ a 7-5 conf. record, would be identical w/ a potential 10-6 Bronco team (not definite of course but IMO very likely). We go ahead of them in tiebreaker. 11 would obviouly be nice but a win versus Hou and I think we can get in w/ 10.

W/; all this being said, we should do whatever we can to be the #5 seed versus the # 6 seed.

All Pro
    Originally posted by DBAKE+Nov 29 2004, 03:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DBAKE @ Nov 29 2004, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afosomf@Nov 29 2004, 07:19 PM
    No chance in Pitt

I AM SO TIRED OF HEARING WE HAVE NO CHANCE VS. PITT. IF THIS IS THE CASE WHY ARE YOU STILL EVEN POSTING ON THIS BOARD.....ISN&#39;T ARE SEASON OVER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;WE WOULD HAVE TO GO TO PITT IN THE PLAYOFFS AND IF WE HAVE NOOOOOOO CHANCE WHY ARE WE EVEN PLAYING THE REST OF OUR GAMES. IF CHAD IS BACK IN THE LINEUP WE HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING THAT GAME.....ARE WE PLAYING FOR THE SUPER-BOWL OR WOULD YOU BE HAPPY JUST TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND LOSE IN THE 1ST ROUND?

GET SOME BALLS.....WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY WITH OUR TEAM....ANYBODY&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Isn&#39;t that the same as:

BUFFALO IS A LOCK??

Banned
    Guys...ONE GAME AT A TIME...Slow Down&#33;

Lets get by the Texans..if we lose that game, then we are screwed.

How do you beat the texans? stop Andre davis and the running game. If you shut those two down, you will win.

If we get to 9-3, we are in great shape...

And to those who said we can can&#39;t beat Pit. Have you seen Roethlisberger play lately? He has been ok..not great. If we stop the run game...we can win...REPEAT AFTER ME...if we can stop the run game we can win &#33;

LL

All League
    First of all, I think you will need to win 11 games to assure yourselves a spot in the playoffs this year. There are just too many teams who can win 10+ games in the conference.

Secondly, I think you have a great opportunity to beat Pittsburgh. Big Ben is hitting the wall, and he his limitations are starting to be exposed. I don&#39;t see them getting 20 points against you. The issue is can you score 17-10 points against them. Its too bad, you have to play them at home. It seems they are getting all their toughest opponents at home this year. Good timing. .

It will be a tough game, but Patriot nation will be at least rooting for you for that one.

As to the post Christmas battle at the Meadowlands, I think that is the the last test the Pats have infront of them before the Playoffs. It is sure to be a dogfight, as most of our game are. I think the Pats will come out on top. but only if they play their A game and are relatively healthy

All Pro
    agreed and nice assessment fanken

Only a matter of time before Big Ben hits the wall.

I think the Jets can win against NE, but only with a healthy CP at QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by DBAKE@Nov 29 2004, 03:28 PM

WE CAN BEAT ANYBODY WITH OUR TEAM....ANYBODY&#33;

Are you on drugs?

Do you know how big of a gap there is between the Pats, Steelers and Eagles versus that of the Jets and other mediocre, middle-of-the-road teams?

It is huge.

If you can beat anybody, what happened versus the Pats, Bills and Ravens? :blink:

Banned
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Nov 29 2004, 05:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Nov 29 2004, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DBAKE@Nov 29 2004, 03:28 PM

Are you on drugs?

Do you know how big of a gap there is between the Pats, Steelers and Eagles versus that of the Jets and other mediocre, middle-of-the-road teams?

It is huge.

If you can beat anybody, what happened versus the Pats, Bills and Ravens? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I think the score was 13-7

Paying some attention to the Steelers games I do think we actually have a chance against them, and I gave us no shot versus them a few weeks ago. I still think we will lose, but they live on the run and we play well against it. We won&#39;t be able to run on them either and I think the game is going to be one of those big play kind of games where the team with one wins it.

All Pro
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Nov 29 2004, 05:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Nov 29 2004, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DBAKE@Nov 29 2004, 03:28 PM

Are you on drugs?

It is huge.

If you can beat anybody, what happened versus the Pats, Bills and Ravens? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Listen Tx, I know how you love to push buttons but you&#39;re telling me to throw parity out the window and that the top 3 teams will all go 15-1. So what will you say if the Jets beat Pitt and/or NE in these coming weeks? You surely know it&#39;s a possibility, especially if our passing game steps it up when Chad comes back.

I&#39;m proud of the Jets defense and feel they could hold all three of those teams to under 20 points. What wins championships again?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Nov 29 2004, 03:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Nov 29 2004, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfreak@Nov 29 2004, 03:18 PM

:ph34r: Freak :ph34r:

I agree about the Defense.

It&#39;s that damn offense that prohibits me from getting too cocky. I just don&#39;t know what to expect from them yet. [/b][/quote]
    Expect the worst.......After all Hackett is still running the show. Expect great things from the defense though, Henderson hasn&#39;t done anything to let us down............

All Pro
    Given the History of the Jets Pats, especially recent and particulaly the last ganme in Foxborough, how can anybody say the Jets don&#39;t have a shot versus NE in NY? That is absolutely ridiculous.