Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Just curious ---BJ askew

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,152
    I know we havent seen alot of him.....

    BUT if you look at him in special teams and the few times he got the ball this year

    preseason and his senior year @ Michigan


    DO U LIKE HIM ?????

    no comments on how Jordan is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better--I agree heck LJ is as good as most backs in the NFL ( i think) we need to see more of 34# BT back to question at hand.........................

    DO u think BJ will ever do anything here >>>>

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    I love BJ, i'm a Michigan fan and I love any guy out of Michigan (except Tom Brady). I think that Askew could be a very god player with us on special teams and sometimes in the passing / running game, because he'll probably be a back-up for a while. However if we lose Sowell, Askew I think would be a great fill in at FB and we wouldn't lose a step. Many people forget that at Michigan he was a runner too and I think maybe Hackett should get him the ball more often, maybe even a couple carries a game along with a reception or 2.

    Go BJ!

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,675
    remember sowell is not that young, bj could well be his replacement in 2-3 years. the same way sowell replaced richie anderson and didnt miss a beat.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,152
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Nov 29 2004, 08:53 PM
    I love BJ, i'm a Michigan fan and I love any guy out of Michigan (except Tom Brady). I think that Askew could be a very god player with us on special teams and sometimes in the passing / running game, because he'll probably be a back-up for a while. However if we lose Sowell, Askew I think would be a great fill in at FB and we wouldn't lose a step. Many people forget that at Michigan he was a runner too and I think maybe Hackett should get him the ball more often, maybe even a couple carries a game along with a reception or 2.

    Go BJ!
    good stuff...how solid was he at UM . any great days highlights u remember...I loved the Hobson pick but BJ was tough especially with so many RB's drafted after him that have played SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well in the NFL !

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,210
    Sowell will be 31 in January. Personally, I like Askew on special teams, and I think he'll do just fine taking over for Jerald at some point.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    Originally posted by Baker4TE+Nov 29 2004, 07:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baker4TE @ Nov 29 2004, 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFanInSec124@Nov 29 2004, 08:53 PM
    I love BJ, i&#39;m a Michigan fan and I love any guy out of Michigan (except Tom Brady). I think that Askew could be a very god player with us on special teams and sometimes in the passing / running game, because he&#39;ll probably be a back-up for a while. However if we lose Sowell, Askew I think would be a great fill in at FB and we wouldn&#39;t lose a step. Many people forget that at Michigan he was a runner too and I think maybe Hackett should get him the ball more often, maybe even a couple carries a game along with a reception or 2.

    Go BJ&#33;
    good stuff...how solid was he at UM . any great days highlights u remember...I loved the Hobson pick but BJ was tough especially with so many RB&#39;s drafted after him that have played SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well in the NFL &#33; [/b][/quote]
    Oh, he had his games, definitley. Infact during one year, he started most of the games at RB and did very well. That&#39;s before Mr.Chris Perry started to shape up and became huge.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,947
    I think he should be played more often, but only in passing situations. he&#39;s much faster than sowell.

  8. #8
    TomShane
    Guest
    Might as well start BK now. It seems as if Sowell&#39;s role in the offense has been reduced anyway, and the straight ahead running game isn&#39;t our forte to begin with. Putting BJ out there gives us a legitimate weapon at fullback, rather than a guy who just catches dump passes.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,152
    Originally posted by TomShane@Nov 29 2004, 09:00 PM
    Might as well start BK now. It seems as if Sowell&#39;s role in the offense has been reduced anyway, and the straight ahead running game isn&#39;t our forte to begin with. Putting BJ out there gives us a legitimate weapon at fullback, rather than a guy who just catches dump passes.
    tom----When the CHAD comes back so will sowell, QC cant throw touch passes AT ALL &#33;

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    JAG

    AT BEST

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Originally posted by Baker4TE+Nov 29 2004, 09:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baker4TE @ Nov 29 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane@Nov 29 2004, 09:00 PM
    Might as well start BK now. It seems as if Sowell&#39;s role in the offense has been reduced anyway, and the straight ahead running game isn&#39;t our forte to begin with. Putting BJ out there gives us a legitimate weapon at fullback, rather than a guy who just catches dump passes.
    tom----When the CHAD comes back so will sowell, QC cant throw touch passes AT ALL &#33; [/b][/quote]
    Yeah crazy that Sowell has been MIA since PATS game fumble.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 29 2004, 09:04 PM
    JAG

    AT BEST
    did you see his 11 yard reception in the second half?

    Ham i know you&#39;ve had it out for this guy since he was drafted but i will maintain this guy will be a Sowell-caliber receiving fullback for years...

    in light of the other guys in that round, and the overall weakness of that draft, not as bad a pick as everyone makes him out to be ...

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,794
    BJ Askew was an absolute stud at Michigan and one of my favorite Michigan players ever.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    BJ can be another Marion Barber. Excellent special teams guy who will never crack the starting lineup nor a starting linebacker&#33;

  15. #15
    Bit, when are you going to learn Ham&#39;s opinion rarely counts when he is blinded by anger? Never trust a man whose opinion is swayed by his anger.

  16. #16
    Wait, let me relish this opportunity for a moment... because as much as Ham loves to say how much he hate things... I revel in pointing out how BLIND and CLOSE-MINDED people are.

    Ham was once asked by me if he ever even remembered seeing Askew play at Michigan... his reply? NO.

    Yet, of course, Ham persisted in saying he was an awful pick.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,794
    Originally posted by bitonti+Nov 29 2004, 10:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bitonti @ Nov 29 2004, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Green Jets & Ham@Nov 29 2004, 09:04 PM
    JAG

    AT BEST
    did you see his 11 yard reception in the second half?

    Ham i know you&#39;ve had it out for this guy since he was drafted but i will maintain this guy will be a Sowell-caliber receiving fullback for years...

    in light of the other guys in that round, and the overall weakness of that draft, not as bad a pick as everyone makes him out to be ... [/b][/quote]
    Definately agree with you here. I see the same things out of Askew.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Originally posted by Brain Hemorrhage@Nov 29 2004, 10:41 PM
    Bit, when are you going to learn Ham&#39;s opinion rarely counts when he is blinded by anger? Never trust a man whose opinion is swayed by his anger.
    i don&#39;t know if he&#39;s Angry but as a rule Hammer&#39;s opinion is always valuable - disregard it at your own risk - besides being a standup guy, he&#39;s a good friend and an even better judge of professional level football talent. when it comes to judgine talent, i owe alot to GJ&H B)

    ESPN has Kiper, we have Hammer :lol:

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Originally posted by Brain Hemorrhage@Nov 29 2004, 10:43 PM
    Wait, let me relish this opportunity for a moment... because as much as Ham loves to say how much he hate things... I revel in pointing out how BLIND and CLOSE-MINDED people are.

    Ham was once asked by me if he ever even remembered seeing Askew play at Michigan... his reply? NO.

    Yet, of course, Ham persisted in saying he was an awful pick.
    I know for a fact this exchange you describe never took place ... it&#39;s a figment of your imagination

    Orinarily I would have no way of knowing for certain if I had said something attributed too me in the past ... I can hardly remember what I had for dinner last nite ... but I know for a FACT this exchange you describe never took place

    How can I be so sure?

    Cause I saw BJ Askew play at Michigan a number of times&#33;&#33;

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,149
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Nov 29 2004, 11:19 PM
    Orinarily I would have no way of knowing for certain if I had said something attributed too me in the past ... I can hardly remember what I had for dinner last nite
    So then you also don&#39;t remember telling me that you were going to get me the new Corvette. I clearly remember this conversation occuring a few months ago.

    P.S. I&#39;ll take it in Jet green.

    :lol:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us