Thread: not to ask again

Veteran
    i havent seen him on the field since he broke his foot or whatever like 7 weeks ago. I was just wondering if i missed him, or if he in fact wasnt on the field at all agian <_< :ph34r:

Veteran
    Originally posted by sandz@Nov 30 2004, 02:59 AM
    i havent seen him on the field since he broke his foot or whatever like 7 weeks ago. I was just wondering if i missed him, or if he in fact wasnt on the field at all agian <_< :ph34r:
    Have not seen him either - driving me crazy, this kid was amazing in college, I really thought he was the steal of the draft.

Veteran
    I was wondering the same thing...looked for his name on the injury report but he wasn&#39;t there. I had high hopes for the guy, I still hope he sees the field a little bit this year.

he & Cowart are "recovering from injuries" according to the last Herm interview I heard on the subject about a week ago.

All League
    Originally posted by Baddniss@Nov 30 2004, 07:32 AM
    he & Cowart are "recovering from injuries" according to the last Herm interview I heard on the subject about a week ago.
    I wonder if Herms trying to send a message here, especially in Cowarts case, when you have an injury, Herm wants you to do everything you can to get back on the field, Cowart seemed to baby his injury a bit. I think Curtiss sets the bar, knee injury , plays the next week. By not playing it ensures that Cowart will not be back as a Jet, his dollar value continues to plummet, he may be working next year for the minimum plus incentives. Herm controls playing time, I think the veterans get the message. Strait has to be looking over his shoulder at "Gameday"
    getting playing tome

All Pro
    Originally posted by JetOrange+Nov 30 2004, 08:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetOrange @ Nov 30 2004, 08:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Baddniss@Nov 30 2004, 07:32 AM
    I wonder if Herms trying to send a message here, especially in Cowarts case, when you have an injury, Herm wants you to do everything you can to get back on the field, Cowart seemed to baby his injury a bit. I think Curtiss sets the bar, knee injury , plays the next week. By not playing it ensures that Cowart will not be back as a Jet, his dollar value continues to plummet, he may be working next year for the minimum plus incentives. Herm controls playing time, I think the veterans get the message. Strait has to be looking over his shoulder at "Gameday"
    getting playing tome [/b][/quote]
    If Bryant can improve over the offseason he and Strait could really push for play time next year and let the Jets draft for best player rather than pushing for a CB. Bryant is a big fast kid and could really be good back there.

Originally posted by Trades+Nov 30 2004, 09:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trades @ Nov 30 2004, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by JetOrange@Nov 30 2004, 08:50 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Baddniss
    @Nov 30 2004, 07:32 AM

getting playing tome
    If Bryant can improve over the offseason he and Strait could really push for play time next year and let the Jets draft for best player rather than pushing for a CB. Bryant is a big fast kid and could really be good back there. [/b][/quote]
    i wonder if one of the two could play safety for us? gameday is tall with great range, if he could bulk up a little he certainly has the tools for the position.

All Pro
    Originally posted by primitive_skills+Dec 1 2004, 02:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (primitive_skills @ Dec 1 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Trades@Nov 30 2004, 09:08 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Baddniss

getting playing tome

If Bryant can improve over the offseason he and Strait could really push for play time next year and let the Jets draft for best player rather than pushing for a CB. Bryant is a big fast kid and could really be good back there.
    i wonder if one of the two could play safety for us? gameday is tall with great range, if he could bulk up a little he certainly has the tools for the position. [/b][/quote]
    Good question. I also wonder if Jamie Henderson will make a miraculous comeback next year. If so we may not be drafting a CB unless there is a block buster out there available when we pick. A CB rotation of Abraham, Barett, Strait, Mickens, Bryant and Henderson/Buckley would fill the roster nicely. I think a lot of it will come down to the development of the kids and the strength of the players available when we pick.

All Pro
    Strait is probably a future starting corner for this franchise, he needs to get back on the field, he is our #4 CB after all.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Trades+Dec 1 2004, 02:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trades @ Dec 1 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by primitive_skills@Dec 1 2004, 02:35 PM
    Originally posted by Trades@Nov 30 2004, 09:08 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Baddniss

getting playing tome

i wonder if one of the two could play safety for us? gameday is tall with great range, if he could bulk up a little he certainly has the tools for the position.
    Good question. I also wonder if Jamie Henderson will make a miraculous comeback next year. If so we may not be drafting a CB unless there is a block buster out there available when we pick. A CB rotation of Abraham, Barett, Strait, Mickens, Bryant and Henderson/Buckley would fill the roster nicely. I think a lot of it will come down to the development of the kids and the strength of the players available when we pick. [/b][/quote]
    Diagree - a rotation of okay cornerbacks never replaces a true shutdown corner. And this draft is full of shutdown corner prospects.

All Pro
    Jets starting corners 3 years from now:

Marlin Jackson and Derrick Strait?

I wish, but we probably won&#39;t get Marlin.

All League
    Originally posted by djc+Nov 30 2004, 05:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djc @ Nov 30 2004, 05:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sandz@Nov 30 2004, 02:59 AM
    Have not seen him either - driving me crazy, this kid was amazing in college, I really thought he was the steal of the draft. [/b][/quote]
    He was amazing in college, and he was one of the major steals of the draft.

He will also be an excellent CB in the NFL. I believe his foot is still bothering him, plus he has missed a lot of valuable playing time for a rookie. He was playing very well as the slot guy until he got hurt.

I don&#39;t think Herm wants to throw him out there at this point of the season until he is 100%.

You will see plenty of him next year.