Thread: Eric Barton

Waterboy
    Im not sure if this has been posted yet but Eric Barton should be in the pro bowl this year. He is all over the field and pressuring the QB on every play. I never really here the anouncers talking about him at all. I guess its because he doesn't do some ridiculous dance after every good play he makes.

All Pro
    Agreed.

Barton is playing like one of the best LB's in the game this season and has really improved this defense. Vote Barton.

Banned
    vote barton, for your 2004 AFC PRO BOWL WSLB!!!! definetly worthy and more!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

IMO, our best addition this season..he is having a stellar year & deserves pro bowl votes

All Pro
    He's been making stops behind the line all season and he is a quiet guy, always gotta watch out for those, they'll come up and surprise the sh*t out of you and play like a Pro Bowler.

All League
    How about some love for Victor Hobson? He's the one doing the ''dirty work'' so that Barton and co. can make the plays and pile up the numbers. Barton has played GREAT, but Hobson deserves a lot of credit too for our D's success, especially against the run, as a whole.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Dec 1 2004, 09:17 PM
    How about some love for Victor Hobson? He's the one doing the ''dirty work'' so that Barton and co. can make the plays and pile up the numbers. Barton has played GREAT, but Hobson deserves a lot of credit too for our D's success, especially against the run, as a whole.
    Hey I love Victor (avatar). He's from Michigan, my favorite college team, and i've loved him for years, about to purchase his jersey. I'm voting all 3 of our LB's in the Pro Bowl valet, anyone care to join me?

All League
    The signing of Barton was the only reason I got over the Winfield so quickly (and I believe the same could be said of Ham also :lol: ).

But seriously, this guy was one of the better linebackers available and I really dont know how well our defense would be playing without this pick-up. Especially since Glenn and Hobson both got injured. Vilma mightve been moved to the outside with Cowart in the middle or vice versa. Either way, it wouldnt have been good.

Veteran
    The way this guy hits and pursues the ball is a pleasure to watch. I will vote for him.

All League
    Im contemplating going out and ordering a custom Barton #50... what do you think?

Waterboy
    he is having a terrific year, especially with cowart being injured most of the year and it seems to me barton brings the whole defense together and has become a great leader

Practice Squad
    Barton had a strong college career, and was a beast in Oakland. I still ahven't figured out why this was not known to everyone when we signed him. I for one knew exactly what we were getting

Rookie
    I work with a guy who is an Oakland fan and when I asked him about Barton over the summer after we signed him is was say that he couldn't believe the Raider's let him go. Adding that he was their best defensive player last year and would be missed.