Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After this Urban disaster .....

Banned
    Will ND turn their attention towards Golden Dome alum, Charlie Weis?

Right now ND has been left at the alter with egg all over their faces, but will they try to bounce back by reeling in a big name alum like Weis?

I think this is a real possibility cause Weis has been dying for an opportunity to prove he can succeed as an HC and I just don&#39;t see fatboy getting that shot in the NFL ... so maybe he packs up the gear and heads back to ND if asked <_<

All Pro
    No because Charlie Weis will leave at the first NFL HC offer. ND needs to get back on track as a PROGRAM, not just for a year. I like Bobby Petrino, Lousiville&#39;s HC. He did an excellent job of recruting and has Louisville&#39;s offense flying high. He&#39;s their best choice.

Banned
    That&#39;s a misleading topic title for a drunk person, Ham.

I&#39;m too hammered to immediately catch the pun. I thought you were talking about the Yankees in this year&#39;s playoffs.

Veteran
    ND once again looks like idiots..instead of worrying about coaching they should maybe take another look at the AD. I would like to see Weis but I think they need a guy that is going to be there a while not jump to the NFL for a head coaching job with his first chance. What a joke....I can see it now..Hey Tyrone...Ooops, please come back

All Pro
    Originally posted by gangGREENinsider@Dec 4 2004, 10:24 AM
    No because Charlie Weis will leave at the first NFL HC offer. ND needs to get back on track as a PROGRAM, not just for a year. I like Bobby Petrino, Lousiville&#39;s HC. He did an excellent job of recruting and has Louisville&#39;s offense flying high. He&#39;s their best choice.
    I would not be so sure GGI. Weis put his name out for a UW job last season or the season before when Neuheisel got fired.

If another prolonged Superbowl run gets in the way of him being an NFL HC, if still vacant, I could see him going to Notre Dame.

All Pro
    F*ck ND.

Go Michigan&#33;

All League
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Dec 4 2004, 09:22 AM
    F*ck ND.

Go Michigan&#33;
    Notre Dame 28, Michigan 20

All Pro
    6-5
    9-2 and the Rose Bowl

hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, that was easy :lol:

All League
    Originally posted by JetsFanInSec124@Dec 4 2004, 09:27 AM
    6-5
    9-2 and the Rose Bowl

hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah, that was easy :lol:
    I never thought you were easy. My mistake.

All League
    George O&#39;Leary corrected his resume and is going to reapply.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 4 2004, 05:47 AM
    Will ND turn their attention towards Golden Dome alum, Charlie Weis?

Charlie would get eaten alive at ND.

He&#39;s better off waiting for his NFL HC gig.

BTW, ND fans had probably one of the greatest chants ever when they wanted to get rid of Gerry Faust:

"Send the holy roller back to Moeller". :lol:

All Pro
    PF-Weis is also unproven recuiting and would ND be willing to wait. Weis is definately going to take time to weigh is options because the Browns, Fins, etc. could come calling. Notre Dame IMO needs a proven winner at the college level who has shown he is a good recruiter and can build a program. Thats why I like Petrino...

Guys...another name to throw out is Rick Neuhiesel. He&#39;s got that blemish on his record but would that to ND be worth not choosing the most qualified for the job?

All League
    Can see ND offering him the job, but doubt he would take it. I see ND going for a former NFL coach but they will be hard pressed to sign one. Believe this is a trend after the success that Al Grogh and Pete Caroll have had with upgradeing the programs at their schools. Look for a possible run at Chucky from Tampa Bay. Even though he denies it.

All Pro
    GGI and Tex,

I am not saying in anyway Weis is going to be good for ND or even wants the job. We know he wants to be a HC in the worst way. I am only saying that it is not totally out of the realm if things broke right and it is a mighty big if, I could see him taking the job.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Dec 4 2004, 11:14 AM
    GGI and Tex,

I am not saying in anyway Weis is going to be good for ND or even wants the job. We know he wants to be a HC in the worst way. I am only saying that it is not totally out of the realm if things broke right and it is a mighty big if, I could see him taking the job.

PFSIKH,

From a purely football perspective, I could see CW going to ND.

However, no way can I picture this guy going through the rigors of recruiting, especially with the standards he would be up against.

All League
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Dec 4 2004, 11:14 AM
    GGI and Tex,

I believe The Irish would offer him the job and a big part would be Name recognition with recuites. Just not sure how good a recruiter he would be. With his name and recognition as a proven NFL mind a player with any NFL ambition would have to listen. Weis has NFL ambitions Chucky has bin there and would give him the perfect out of the Tampa situation.

Veteran
    Because coaches have to start recruiting Jan/feb, ND cant wait for Weis to beome available in late jan/feb.. they need a coach and an identity for their program by the new year.

I can see Gruden leaving Tampa for ND, and Weiss taking over there.

Either way I am sure this is Weiss last year with the Pats, I wih him well, he did a ot of good bringing Brady along and forming a quality offense. A little too cute at time, but a quality coach.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by PETER PAT@Dec 4 2004, 11:29 AM
    Because coaches have to start recruiting Jan/feb, ND cant wait for Weis to beome available in late jan/feb.. they need a coach and an identity for their program by the new year.

Hermy will be available in December. :lol:

All Pro
    Notre Dame did not fire Willingham unless they were getting 1 of small handful of people to replace him IMO.

We all know Urban isn&#39;t going anywhere near ND (Florida? so much for ethics)... how about Jon Gruden? His love for Notre Dame is well documented. He isn&#39;t going to show any interest until after the NFL season, so I do not count him out based solely on his mid-week comments.

I thought of Weis right away but ND will not wait until February to hire a coach. If Weiss quits right on the spot then it is a posibbilitiy otherwise the coach from Louisville is the guy.