Thread: 3 questions about the game

Anyone know the reason why they didn't do the Jet introductions for the game today? I thought it really took the crowd out of it and took us awhile to wake up for the game. Its was just like out of nowhere the Jets came out and that was it. No excitement at all.

Has there ever been a game with worse officiating than the one today? I can't recall a crowd so badly turning on a group of officials and for good reason. They held up the game forever, made some awful calls, and I have no idea what the nonsense was with the playclock.

I can't believe how much everyone has turned on Anthony Becht. He blocks well and caught a TD this week, though he did have one drop. I know everyone gets caught up in guys like Gates and Gonzo, but how many of them really are there in the league? And how many of them actually play WR or a splint end rather than TE? Just look at Shockey being asked to play on the line and even in the backfield. Becht isn't good but hes no worse than half of the league and booing him in a game where he scored a touchown and we won going away is a bit over the top.

All Pro
    as fas the intro's i didn;t like how they did it either - there should have been some sort of intro

the refs sucked for both teams - i agree

i was a becht fan but he is too irattic - he drops give me passes - and get call for pass interference come on - he does more damage than good when he runs pass routes

Hall Of Fame
    The officiating seems to be getting worse and worse. And what was the deal with that do-over after the official got the ball snapped into his nads by Houston in the endzone? Was that that the correct call? :lol:

That is shameful if Jets fans booed him after a TD.....................

I dont care how many drops the man has.

Originally posted by copernicus@Dec 5 2004, 09:35 PM
    That is shameful if Jets fans booed him after a TD.....................

I dont care how many drops the man has.
    I should clarify they didn't boo the touchdown. They booed when they showed the replay a little later in the game to decide the AOL play of the day. The choices were Martins TD, Colemans pick(which won), and Becht's TD. Becht's play was booed by what seemed like everyone in the stadium. I could see staying quiet or just giving polite applause, but the crowd just booed the hell out of him.

And Quantum did they explain that call on TV? For the life of me I couldnt figure it out. I thought that they had an offsides call but they didnt move the ball back. Then I thought it was a delay but again no signal. Maybe it had something to do with the erratic clock, but it made no sense to me or anyone and they gave no explanation or at least you couldnt hear it over all the booing

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't hear it if they did - it was my son's birthday party today and I was running back and forth.... :unsure:

All League
    The explanation for the punt safety was that the ref "wasn't ready," he hadn't moved into position yet. I'm not certain if he had blown the whistle to signal the start of the play clock, he may have been in the middle of doing so.
    It was very weird. Clearly the snapper thought it was ready to start.
    Awful officiating overall, not so much the actual calls but the time it took them to decide what was happening. At least they got things right in the end most of the time. i think on the intentional grounding they were unsure of what down it was after the penalty. In a Cardinals game about 4 weeks ago the officials actually screwed that up, called intentional grounding on a play on first down, and the next play was third down. Amazingly no one on Arizone realized or decided to protest.