Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Observations

All League
    The secondary played their best game of the year by far!

The game turned on Santana's punt return, this should be obvious to all

Chad's play was so so, his Int was terrible and the next pass he threw should
    have also been Intercepted. When Sowell is your leading WR, you will not
    be able to beat the better teams. The Steelers and pats will dare him
    to throw long. His balls continue to float. Do you really think Santana is happy
    with Chad back? what did he get 2 catches for 15 yds?

The Running game carried the O to Victory, 200 plus yards. The D is playing
    superb, the 1st half was a bit shaky.

We should be in playoffs, i think 10 will be enough

Also the refs were god awful, we got lucky on the Punt return, 1) it was a block
    from behind. Tom White cept for coleman is the worst ref in NFL.

Banned
    Worst officiated game ive ever watched.

The team is night & day from last year.

This si the kind of D ive always dreamed about.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by afosomf@Dec 5 2004, 11:03 PM
    to throw long. His balls continue to float. Do you really think Santana is happy

The Running game carried the O to Victory, 200 plus yards. The D is playing
    superb, the 1st half was a bit shaky.

We should be in playoffs, i think 10 will be enough

Also the refs were god awful, we got lucky on the Punt return, 1) it was a block
    from behind. Tom White cept for coleman is the worst ref in NFL.
    Chad played very well considering he just got back from a shoulder injury.........

All Pro

Did you notice they scored more points (29) than in the previous two weeks combined? Think that has something to do with Chad? Just a coincidence?

Give the guy a break. Considering he hadn't played in three weeks, he was fine today. I expect more next week.

All League
    You don't seem to be able to accept what Chad is as a QB: A touch passer with good command of the game. The offense works with him at the helm because he can make precise throws at short and middle ranges, which means high percentage completions of moderate yardage, which, in turn, opens up the running game.

So he threw a bad INT. Big deal. Stuff happens in NFL games. The ball slips, a receiver falls, a defender makes a pro level play. You can't get 100% perfection out of any player. Chad is far better than most when it comes to protecting the ball. Check the red zone stats.

Were you asleep the last three weeks while Quincy Carter showed just how hard some of those throws are to make? He was a fish out of water. How many times do you have to see Chad lead the receiver with a swing pass, so the guy is already running forward when he catches the ball? Do you remember those same guys getting blown up just after the catch when Vinny was slinging it? It's the difference between 1 yard yard gain and a 6 yeard gain.

I'm sorry they don't play a style of offense you like. Cheer for another team if it doesn't suit you.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Chad missed three games and led the Jets to 23 second half points...no way you can second guess Chad when he even had a better game than Brady who played vs a much worse secondary in Cleveland.

Fact is Chad woke this offense up and his interceptions did nothing to hurt the team.

Our defense is sick!!!

E Coleman looks like a veteran out there.

D Rob and Fergy looked great.

Our secondary is not bad - they are playing well as a unit and Barett has really turned it on of late.

All Pro
    Quincy's points in 3 starts: 17, 10, 13 = 40
    Chad's points in just today's game: = 29

Welcome Back Chad.

All Pro
    I think Chad looked off at times b/c the play calling is so lousy at times. I mean the FGs in the first half (instead of TDs) can be attributed to one person: Paul Hackett. He calls a run on first down: fine. But after no gain he calls that stupid screen and sets up 3rd and long in a short field. This is one example of a typical Hackett series. Don't put your QB in that position.

Other than the redzone, where Chad looked choppy (again not his fault), and the pick, I thought Chad played very well. He moved the ball down the field in he first half and played well w/ the lead in the 2nd half. I'd like to see jhim hit the WRs a bit more but still, he played well.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

Quincy did a good job while in but it's obvious how differently this offense looks with Chad at the helm.

Banned
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Dec 6 2004, 12:01 AM

Quincy did a good job while in but it's obvious how differently this offense looks with Chad at the helm.
    QC did a great job.

All League
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Dec 6 2004, 12:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy &#064; Dec 6 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetsfreak@Dec 6 2004, 12:01 AM

Quincy did a good job while in but it&#39;s obvious how differently this offense looks with Chad at the helm.
    QC did a great job. [/b][/quote]
    i know the chances are slim, but i&#39;d really like to see quincy carter back next year as the backup. i feel bad though, because that would mean no one will give him a chance to be a starter, and he really does deserve to be. i think he&#39;s showed he can protect the ball and run a west coast offense. if he was running the offense since may and practicing with the first unit the whole time, things would be different. i find myself really liking quincy and wanting him to succeed, but he gives such a great insurance package as the backup.

Banned
    Id take him back next yr but at a good price.

All League
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Dec 5 2004, 11:51 PM

Chad missed three games and led the Jets to 23 second half points...no way you can second guess Chad when he even had a better game than Brady who played vs a much worse secondary in Cleveland.

Fact is Chad woke this offense up and his interceptions did nothing to hurt the team.

Our defense is sick&#33;&#33;&#33;

E Coleman looks like a veteran out there.

D Rob and Fergy looked great.

Our secondary is not bad - they are playing well as a unit and Barett has really turned it on of late.
    Wake Up and take off your Chad Colored glasses

Chad lead us to 23 2nd half points????????????

I believe Moss lead us to 1 td drive, are you creditind Chad for a 4 yd drive?

Look at the gamebook if you seem to forget what occurred

Chad lead us to 1 TD drive that was the result of him and that was the 2nd td drive. This was not different than anything that Q did. how many passing yards
    for chad 150?

The 3rd td was set up by Coleman at Hou 40, Lamont ran it the whole F&#39;n
    way.

So excuse me when you state that A Chad led team was much more explosive
    than Q.

If Chad even closely resembles what he looked like vs Steelers, they are going
    to pound the living Sh*t out of us. He has zero long game...Nada. When
    the steelers and pats take away sowell, he is rendered useless.

I also believe that Carr was not the same after he got creamed by Barton.
    He was gunshy the rest of the way.

9-3 can be attributed to the D, nothing else&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; DH will get some college offers, this
    is the price that we will pay.

Coleman, Vilma and Barton and Drob have made a big difference. Sea and STl
    will not beat us, Martz is dumber than Herm, they have no chance,

we will end up 11-5 or 12-4, the pats are beatable, Chad will have to play like a &#036;64M QB for it to be possible.

Veteran
    Originally posted by rbstern+Dec 5 2004, 11:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rbstern @ Dec 5 2004, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afosomf@Dec 5 2004, 11:03 PM
    Chad&#39;s play was so so, his Int was terrible and the next pass he threw should
    You don&#39;t seem to be able to accept what Chad is as a QB: A touch passer with good command of the game. The offense works with him at the helm because he can make precise throws at short and middle ranges, which means high percentage completions of moderate yardage, which, in turn, opens up the running game.

So he threw a bad INT. Big deal. Stuff happens in NFL games. The ball slips, a receiver falls, a defender makes a pro level play. You can&#39;t get 100% perfection out of any player. Chad is far better than most when it comes to protecting the ball. Check the red zone stats.

Were you asleep the last three weeks while Quincy Carter showed just how hard some of those throws are to make? He was a fish out of water. How many times do you have to see Chad lead the receiver with a swing pass, so the guy is already running forward when he catches the ball? Do you remember those same guys getting blown up just after the catch when Vinny was slinging it? It&#39;s the difference between 1 yard yard gain and a 6 yeard gain.

I&#39;m sorry they don&#39;t play a style of offense you like. Cheer for another team if it doesn&#39;t suit you. [/b][/quote]
    Great Post. Chad is not going anywhere, its time people accept, and appreciate, what he is.

All League
    Originally posted by afosomf@Dec 6 2004, 08:16 AM

Chad lead us to 1 TD drive that was the result of him and that was the 2nd td drive. This was not different than anything that Q did. how many passing yards
    for chad 150?

than Q.

Why don&#39;t you look closer at the stats?

50% 3rd down coversion rate yesterday (prior three games: 31%)

14 passing first downs yesterday (Quincy: 24 over three games)

210 rushing yards vs. 133 avg with Quincy at the helm (high passing percentage gets you breathing room to run the ball...see "Introduction to West Coast Offense 101").

The field position in yesterday&#39;s game was worlds better than the previous three games, for the simple reason that the Jets move the chains when Chad is driving.

It ain&#39;t flashy, but it keeps the opposing offense off the field and wins games.

All League
    Originally posted by rbstern+Dec 6 2004, 08:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rbstern @ Dec 6 2004, 08:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afosomf@Dec 6 2004, 08:16 AM

for chad 150?

than Q.

Why don&#39;t you look closer at the stats?

50% 3rd down coversion rate yesterday (prior three games: 31%)

14 passing first downs yesterday (Quincy: 24 over three games)

210 rushing yards vs. 133 avg with Quincy at the helm (high passing percentage gets you breathing room to run the ball...see "Introduction to West Coast Offense 101").

The field position in yesterday&#39;s game was worlds better than the previous three games, for the simple reason that the Jets move the chains when Chad is driving.

It ain&#39;t flashy, but it keeps the opposing offense off the field and wins games. [/b][/quote]
    RB- wake Up, you can make stats say whatever you wish&#33;

The Fact is Q had to play Balt&#33; Q played well vs them and AZ... he also played
    only a bit more than 1H vs Zona. Q sucked vs Cle, that was his bad game.

To compare stats vs a terrible Defense like Hou, is outright stupid.

So please spare me your nonsense.

For this team to go all the way, Chad has to be able to go downfield.
    You cannot win the big one, where your FB is your leading WR.

JetsInsider.com Legend

The game turned on Santana&#39;s punt return, this should be obvious to all

Is that the one where the refs ignored an obvious block in the back?

What about the phantom call on Davis TD run?.

The refs won the game for the Jets.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Dec 5 2004, 11:19 PM
    Id take him back next yr but at a good price.
    I think the way Quincy played during the 3 games he filled in, plus the fact that he did not make waves this season, will find him a home where he can fight for the starter&#39;s job next season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Assmop,
    on that one scoring drive that you mentioned, the offense was nicely set up by special teams. Nobody is going to argue that. Chads play was solid all day. He threw 1 int. He did a good job spreading the ball around. It&#39;s not Chads fault that Becht drops 98% of passes thrown to him. At least Becht caught the most important one thrown his way for a td.

Chad also showed no fear of getting hurt again by scrambling for a first down more than once. He took some shots and got back up for more.

Football is at times a game of momentum, the punt return gave the team some momentum, but you can&#39;t discredit Chad after a good outing Assmop

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Dec 5 2004, 11:04 PM
    This si the kind of D ive always dreamed about.
    freakin fag, i knew you always dreamed about the "D" :o