Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is our offense so mediocre?

Waterboy
    If you had told me we would have the kind of defense we have at the beggining of the season I would have been sure that we would be a legitamate Super Bowl contender. While I believe we will make the playoffs I don't think you can seriously believe we can make it to the Big game.

The reason as we all know, is our offense. I have a question. We have perhaps the best running game in football. Why then are we mediocre at best on offense?

Try to give Hackett the benefit of the doubt and ask yourself why it is that our offense is not at least above average. It would stand to reason that if you can run the ball well you should be able to pass it, but we can't. Why?

I would love some informed opinions on this if you wouldn't mind.

Hall Of Fame
    lack of creativity and easy to plan against due to that lack combined with inconsistent WR play and there you have it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by bmac@Dec 13 2004, 10:41 AM

Why then are we mediocre at best on offense?

Think it has anything to do with the $64 million man? :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

NO QB COACH

All Pro
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 13 2004, 10:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Dec 13 2004, 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bmac@Dec 13 2004, 10:41 AM

Think it has anything to do with the &#036;64 million man? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    No. He is god. He is incapable of making mistakes. And you dare not say anything negative about him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Dec 13 2004, 10:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Dec 13 2004, 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bmac@Dec 13 2004, 10:41 AM

Yep it&#39;s all him.

Because Hackett was lighting up the league before Pennington came along...

All League
    If you&#39;re going to try to pin this all on Chad, you have to be fair and say that the offense didn&#39;t look any better with quincy carter or Brooks Bollinger in there.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by BrAnDonLlyod is the Future+Dec 13 2004, 10:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BrAnDonLlyod is the Future @ Dec 13 2004, 10:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Dec 13 2004, 10:43 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-bmac
    @Dec 13 2004, 10:41 AM

Think it has anything to do with the &#036;64 million man? :blink:
    Oh OFCOURSE not, because in July, 99% of the people on here where saying "Id take Chad over Brady any day of the week and twice on sundays" Brady is getting it done in and offense that Runs more and that has less skill at WR then the Jets Do. [/b][/quote]
    What right do you have to participate in this discussion, welcher.

Rookie
    If you are coaching against the Jets, do you fear our deep passing game?
    Do you fear the quick slants? or our TE? Do you fear exposing your corners against "physical" WR&#39;s?
    No. You stack the box, have your LB&#39;s spy the back out of the backfield and watch for a draw on 2nd and 10. Hell if you can force an incomplete pass on 1rst down, you know 2nd is the 3 yard draw and its easy to defense 3rd and 7.
    Maybe we can do a sign and trade: Abraham/Becht for Randy Moss.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Piper+Dec 13 2004, 10:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Piper @ Dec 13 2004, 10:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Dec 13 2004, 10:43 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-bmac
    @Dec 13 2004, 10:41 AM

Think it has anything to do with the &#036;64 million man? :blink:
    Yep it&#39;s all him.

Because Hackett was lighting up the league before Pennington came along... [/b][/quote]
    yeah don&#39;t you remeber how dynamic this O was w/ vinny and w/ Quincy?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by BrAnDonLlyod is the Future@Dec 13 2004, 10:49 AM
    What right do you have to participate in this discussion, welcher.

Well I saw the post that said "no welchers" but then I saw your post, and was thinking hell them seem to have a open door policy for asswholes
    [/quote]
    I love when people try to call you names and can&#39;t even spell the insult... :lol:

All League
    The answer to that question is simple. The bulk of the early draft picks over the past few years have been spent on defense. The same phenomenon is true to a lesser extent for Free Agent Acquisition. Look at the results. The defense is one of the best in the league and the offense is mediocre.

Hackett&#39;s incompetence certainly doesn&#39;t help matters any.

Rookie
    PAUL HACKETT
    The worst OC in the game.
    He likes to make sure the other team has a chance to win.

Brady looked fantastic against the steelers.

TomShane
    PFT, how well do you think the Pats would do with Hackett at their OC. Let me tell you what you would hear:

"We have no really good WR&#39;s"
    "The offensive line isn&#39;t that good"
    "We have no real deep threats"
    "Corey Dillon is old"
    "The talent isn&#39;t there"
    "Brady is not Dan Fouts"

The Pats would lose about 6 games with the score 13-10.

That&#39;s how good the Pats would look with Hackett.

Please, pity us for that simple reason. :lol:

Waterboy
    Originally posted by persiussa@Dec 13 2004, 10:46 AM
    If you&#39;re going to try to pin this all on Chad, you have to be fair and say that the offense didn&#39;t look any better with quincy carter or Brooks Bollinger in there.
    Oh I didn&#39;t know we were paying Bolly and Carter 64 million over the next 6 years as well. My bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Keep talking, moron

Banned
    Originally posted by BrAnDonLlyod is the Future@Dec 13 2004, 10:59 AM
    I love it when you meet some people on here, and then meet there wives, and you wonder....wow has she been 8 months pregnet for 10 years now? Yeah im talking to you piper
    First it was racial insults

then you welch on bets you made here

now you attack peoples wives

What exactly does this piece of s**t have to do in order to have his membership revoked?

Seriously, what value does this guy add? Am I missing something?

All League
    Originally posted by TomShane@Dec 13 2004, 11:00 AM
    PFT, how well do you think the Pats would do with Hackett at their OC. Let me tell you what you would hear:

"We have no really good WR&#39;s"
    "The offensive line isn&#39;t that good"
    "We have no real deep threats"
    "Corey Dillon is old"
    "The talent isn&#39;t there"
    "Brady is not Dan Fouts"

The Pats would lose about 6 games with the score 13-10.

That&#39;s how good the Pats would look with Hackett.

Please, pity us for that simple reason. :lol:
    TS next year TX and the rest of the Patsies will be wishing they had Hackett as a coordinator.....AS BAD AS HE IS &#33;

All League
    Originally posted by bmac@Dec 13 2004, 10:41 AM
    If you had told me we would have the kind of defense we have at the beggining of the season I would have been sure that we would be a legitamate Super Bowl contender. While I believe we will make the playoffs I don&#39;t think you can seriously believe we can make it to the Big game.

The reason as we all know, is our offense. I have a question. We have perhaps the best running game in football. Why then are we mediocre at best on offense?

Try to give Hackett the benefit of the doubt and ask yourself why it is that our offense is not at least above average. It would stand to reason that if you can run the ball well you should be able to pass it, but we can&#39;t. Why?

I would love some informed opinions on this if you wouldn&#39;t mind.
    The Jets have yet to replace Keyshawn Johnson or Laverneous Coles. The Jets WR&#39;s scare no one. McCareins is a quality 2nd WR. Santana Moss isn&#39;t a legitimate 1st WR either, and Chebet is on the downside of his illustrious career as a Jet. Jets have no threat at TE as far as receiving goes.

Favre became an ordinary QB when he lost his Super Bowl WR&#39;s and TE&#39;s. Culpepper has Moss. McNabb was a less than ordinary passing QB until he got T.O. Manning has had Marvin Harrison his entire career.

WR should be the highest priority in the draft. Mark Clayton of Oklahoma should be the target ( Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams will be top ten picks so forget them). Clayton has all the tools and is best suited for a West Coast offense.

Forget TE, this is a terrible year year for college TE&#39;s, The Sporting News doesn&#39;t have one as first round material. I would make a big run at former Jet TE Jermaine Wiggens. He turned down the Panthers offer of a long term contract to sign a one year deal with the Vikings. Given the lack of TE&#39;s in the draft or in free agency I would give him a long term contract and even overpay for him. This is his first year as a starter (54 catches over 500 yards and 4 TD&#39;s).