Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we are forced to suffer through Reggie Tongue

Banned
    Cause our HC couldn't even convince is own God-Son to Join the Jets as a FA

Think about that ... we are forced to endure Reggie Tongue {who sucks beyond belief} cause our HC could not even woo his own God-Son to NY

UNBELIEVABLE!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Id rather have Damion Robinson...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 13 2004, 12:06 PM

Think about that ... we are forced to endure Reggie Tongue {who sucks beyond belief} cause our HC could not even woo his own God-Son to NY

UNBELIEVABLE!!
    get over it.....guess you don't know what working for family is like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    tongue had an INT yesterday... what's the problem?

the way i saw it this loss is on Chad/Hackett and the Offense, not the defense who played their butts off...

All Pro
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 13 2004, 12:06 PM

UNBELIEVABLE!!
    A. Lynch is hurt and wasn't exactly lighting the field up for Denver
    B. He is NOT Herm's god-son. Lynch is Herm's son's god father.
    C. I don't want anyone here who doesn't want to be here.
    D. Lynch is not the player he was a few years ago.

All Pro
    Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 13 2004, 12:21 PM
    tongue had an INT yesterday... what's the problem?

the way i saw it this loss is on Chad/Hackett and the Offense, not the defense who played their butts off...
    The problem is that Tounge blew his coverage on the Bettis pass giving up a TD and then tried a weak arm tackle on Bettis to get stuffed for the rushing TD. He gave up 14 points yesterday when he was out of position once and in position and couldn't make the play on the other.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tongue was supposed to cover the tightend on the TD that Bettis threw..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    that s**t happens - the JETS had stacked the run and got faked out being too aggresive - i'll take a defense that is too aggressive every time... how many times do teams run the HB Pass? probably 1 in a 1000 plays - you can't kill a guy for that, especially on a day when he picked off a pass -

what's much worse is the offense's inability to score points... especially points after turnovers!!!

If you leave the defense out there all day sooner or later they will get beat. This loss is squarely on the shoulders of Chad and the playcalling... his throws weren't crisp until it was too late, and they ran in obvious running situations too much -

im not bashing the D one bit cause they locked em down pretty much all game... the offense pissed away chance after chance. Chad played like CRAP.

All League
    RT is the worst safety in league...

He also cost us Raven game, with coverage on both TD throws.

RT=DR, they are the same player

All Pro
    Originally posted by LockeJET@Dec 13 2004, 11:11 AM
    Uhhh................. NO!

All Pro
    I don't think Lynch would've helped us. He's been hurt, and the way McGraw s, we wouldn't have anyone in there and would have to scramble for some bottom of the barrell replacement. While he's not the best choice, I'm glad we didn't get Lynch.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Trades+Dec 13 2004, 11:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trades @ Dec 13 2004, 11:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti@Dec 13 2004, 12:21 PM
    tongue had an INT yesterday... what&#39;s the problem?

The problem is that Tounge blew his coverage on the Bettis pass giving up a TD and then tried a weak arm tackle on Bettis to get stuffed for the rushing TD. He gave up 14 points yesterday when he was out of position once and in position and couldn&#39;t make the play on the other. [/b][/quote]
    All 11 guys got suckered in on the Bettis TD pass. Tongue had coverage on the T/E, so he gets the bigger share of the blame, but the entire defense was faked out.

That said, Tongue has not been the player he was advertised to be.

All League
    Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 13 2004, 12:33 PM
    that s**t happens - the JETS had stacked the run and got faked out being too aggresive - i&#39;ll take a defense that is too aggressive every time... how many times do teams run the HB Pass? probably 1 in a 1000 plays - you can&#39;t kill a guy for that, especially on a day when he picked off a pass -

what&#39;s much worse is the offense&#39;s inability to score points... especially points after turnovers&#33;&#33;&#33;

If you leave the defense out there all day sooner or later they will get beat. This loss is squarely on the shoulders of Chad and the playcalling... his throws weren&#39;t crisp until it was too late, and they ran in obvious running situations too much -

im not bashing the D one bit cause they locked em down pretty much all game... the offense pissed away chance after chance. Chad played like CRAP.
    Amen to that brother

Banned
    Originally posted by TheFranchise@Dec 13 2004, 12:35 PM
    I don&#39;t think Lynch would&#39;ve helped us. He&#39;s been hurt, and the way McGraw s, we wouldn&#39;t have anyone in there and would have to scramble for some bottom of the barrell replacement. While he&#39;s not the best choice, I&#39;m glad we didn&#39;t get Lynch.
    John Lynch has played in all 12 Games this year ... check for yourself at NFL.com

Rookie
    Originally posted by Redlichtie+Dec 13 2004, 11:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Redlichtie @ Dec 13 2004, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti@Dec 13 2004, 12:33 PM
    that s**t happens - the JETS had stacked the run and got faked out being too aggresive - i&#39;ll take a defense that is too aggressive every time... how many times do teams run the HB Pass? probably 1 in a 1000 plays - you can&#39;t kill a guy for that, especially on a day when he picked off a pass -

what&#39;s much worse is the offense&#39;s inability to score points... especially points after turnovers&#33;&#33;&#33;

If you leave the defense out there all day sooner or later they will get beat. This loss is squarely on the shoulders of Chad and the playcalling... his throws weren&#39;t crisp until it was too late, and they ran in obvious running situations too much -

Amen to that brother [/b][/quote]
    I think the main issue is Tongue&#39;s level of consistency, and by that I am referring to the mental errors and the like that Tongue consistently makes, especially in the important games. He gets burned deep, he&#39;s mismatched, he&#39;s out of position, he b lows coverage. Anyone remember N.E> game when he tackled Coleman instead of Dillon and was the 12th man on the field for the second time this season. He has some moments (though far and few between) when he makes a god play. However, overall, the guy is horrible. Defending him is almost humorous. Defending the D as a whole is understandable. But, every game, you can see Tongue foul up big time, and in more than one cirtumstance, he has essentially cost us a game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by LockeJET@Dec 13 2004, 11:11 AM
    bring back sam garnes.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 13 2004, 01:33 PM

good post...i agree

All League
    Originally posted by LockeJET@Dec 13 2004, 12:11 PM
    PLEASE &#33; Don&#39;t go there &#33;

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 13 2004, 12:33 PM
    that s**t happens - the JETS had stacked the run and got faked out being too aggresive -
    the only problem here is that as a the safety Tongue actually put his hand on the TE as he ran past him...I wonder if he realizes there is no one behind him. His attempted tackle on the other TD was nothing short of pathetic.

Unfortunately his good play, the Int. was nullified by the childish playcalling of Hacker.

All League
    Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 13 2004, 12:21 PM
    tongue had an INT yesterday... what&#39;s the problem?

His INT was handed to him with a ribbon on it.
    Any Safety in the NFL makes that INT.

Tongue is the weak link on the D. It&#39;s not a coincidence he is always involved when they score on us.